P @ F

Re: Why do you hide
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2006, 12:03:30 am »
Not one of my best pics honest , rather drunk again , i cant see any more , got to go to bed and wait for the hangover , god i love them !

Rich P @ F  :P
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

busydaffodil

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2006, 12:38:43 am »
Newport!!!!????

Oh woe is me - I thought you came from Cwmbran - my illusions have been dashed to pieces! :o

Neither actually.    I do live in Wales though.  Thats as much as peeps need to know!  lol

Malcal

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2006, 02:33:51 am »
Hi all
I've always had my location in my profile and know that this has helped me build business relationships with other WC's in the Northeast, passing work on, getting advice, etc. Cheers Mal

jeff1

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2006, 06:31:57 am »
could not get a passport or drivers liscence with that photo could you !

Rich   P @ F   

ET could ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

only joking Rich  :P

Londoner

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2006, 06:37:24 am »
Surely the reason why people don't give their details is because you do all that stuff when you first sign on the forum and you don't know what its going to be like.
Then when you do settle in a bit you don't ever go back and update it.

jeff1

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2006, 11:04:41 am »
I agree Vince,

But wouldn't a post like this Jogg there memories, to go back and fill it in?

Morph

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2006, 12:13:39 pm »
This Topic implies there is something to "hide".  I have nothing to hide.

Perhaps the question should read, "Should we have the right to protect our identity?"
Yes!
Then we can choose to reveal what we want when the need arises.
Anyone can pop up and ask me who I am and where I'm from, and then, at best keep pestering me trying to sell me something and I offend by not buying, or at worst some alias sending abuse.
Wise to be cautious.  After all, I find me a bit strange at times :o

jeff1

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2006, 01:54:45 pm »
Hi Guy's/Gals

Now this question isn't picking on anyone,

But I was just wondering why you dont fill in your profile's fully, OK I can understand you mabe not wanting to fill in your email address, but for the area you live in,

I can't understand, I often pop into the profile section, to see were a certain member live's, But dissapointed when I see the profile not filled in with these details.

even if its just the area you live in, this would be nice to see
anyone else with any thoughts on it would be nice to hear from you.
This Topic implies there is something to "hide". I have nothing to hide.

Perhaps the question should read, "Should we have the right to protect our identity?"
Yes!
Then we can choose to reveal what we want when the need arises.
Anyone can pop up and ask me who I am and where I'm from, and then, at best keep pestering me trying to sell me something and I offend by not buying, or at worst some alias sending abuse.
Wise to be cautious. After all, I find me a bit strange at times :o

Hi PJ
I didn't write the topic to implie anything to anyone, and I could't agree more with people's rights to protect there identity

as you can see in my original post, I say I can understand not wanting to advertise your email address, but my main point was to the area in which you live, and this was only out of interest, when trying to help someone,
from those details aloan would be vertually impossible to find anyones details.

Morph

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2006, 04:58:02 pm »
Fair point Jeff,

although I have often said I'm in Norfolk.
There are hundreds who just cruise on this forum, never posting, seeing what they can find out, and some are indeed undesirable.  Just look at how many members there are supposed to be compared to how many actually post!  I know quite a few around here who I would rather not share information with, as they are just out for themselves.
My point is, for my own protection, unless I want to exchange something valuable with someone, I prefer anonimity.

dustycorner

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2006, 06:01:59 pm »
Hi all,

I think Jeff has a fair point about the profiles, at the end of the day we are promoting business not our personal details.

Cheers Mark.

jeff1

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2006, 06:17:30 pm »
Fair point Jeff,

although I have often said I'm in Norfolk.
There are hundreds who just cruise on this forum, never posting, seeing what they can find out, and some are indeed undesirable.  Just look at how many members there are supposed to be compared to how many actually post!  I know quite a few around here who I would rather not share information with, as they are just out for themselves.
My point is, for my own protection, unless I want to exchange something valuable with someone, I prefer anonimity.

Hi PJ

When I next talk to the Great PJ, I'll Know were about in the country you live, and this was all my main point was about.
I do agree with your points, and I also know you prefer anoniminity I've seen your photograph.  ;D ;D ;D
Thaks PJ

jeff1

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2006, 06:31:08 pm »
Hi all,

I think Jeff has a fair point about the profiles, at the end of the day we are promoting business not our personal details.

Cheers Mark.

Hi Mark
As you can see by my original post, I only want to know were about in the country people live, I don't know why really,  its just that when I'm talking to someone or trying to help them, its just nice to see were about in the country, you are talking to

So far by this post I have found out were two nice people live, and that means alot to me, I don't care if its a man or a woman I'm talking to. or even how old they are.

come to think of it I don't know if Busydoffodil is a man or a woman :o I hope she's a woman because I asked her if she would jump off a bridge with me ;D ;D ;D ;D

busydaffodil

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2006, 11:08:38 pm »
come to think of it I don't know if Busydoffodil is a man or a woman :o I hope she's a woman because I asked her if she would jump off a bridge with me ;D ;D ;D ;D

Your safe, I am all woman!

jeff1

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2006, 11:51:50 pm »
 ;D ;D Thank god for that busy, I was a bit worried ;D ;D

Londoner

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2006, 06:34:30 pm »
There is a good point to be made for saying that only a few of us ever post compared with the many who don't.

I have nothing to hide but just in case there are any serial killers or whatever out there. Best to keep it all on a slightly more impersonal level.

When I first joined I signed up as "Londoner" and only reverted to my name after about a year. At that time there were a lot of handles being used.

I have now updated my profile.

jeff1

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2006, 06:39:14 pm »
Thank you for updating your profile Vince.

Sarah Sarill

Re: Why do you hide New
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2006, 01:08:34 pm »
This is gonna soundlike a sexist cop out but I do have to agree with LI33Yon this one.

Whilst I have nothing to hide (or indeed be ashamed about) you have to remember this forum is a male dominated one which will contain a few odd-balls with not so good intensions.

When I joined last year, I posted my email addy, town name and was a little nieve as I was only one of two women regularly posting. 

I got stalked by email for many months which began with being helpfull and giving advice and help to someone on this forum. Despite changing my addy this 'gentleman' continued to send messages on this forum .

Needless to say, I have now sorted it with the threat of police action but the real worry is that anyone COULD narrow your info downand find you if they were so inclined and as a woman I feel I HAVE to now keep certain info close to my chest.

I am now aware of who I send info, emails, documents to and carefully select the recipients.

Its a sad reality but I a really cautious when divulging certain info.

PS  :  I am from Wales and not worth stalking -LOL  ;D

Good thread though.

Sarah
Sarah

jeff1

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2006, 02:56:49 pm »
This is gonna soundlike a sexist cop out but I do have to agree with LI33Yon this one.

Sarah

Thanks for your reply Sarah
No it doesn't sound like a sexist cop to me, I completely understand,
But My original post was only asking for an area ie SE Wales and thats good enough for me, although the avitor gave a little away, although for all I know you could live in the gobbey Desert ;D and the avitor is just a front. well thats great but I will always be thinking you live in wales.

I say I understand and I do because after a post with Lizzy about the same thing regarding emails, guess what it happened to me to day, but just like lizzy's, they get stopped, and I bounce them back to them, and when they read this they will probably send another, well if you are reading this go right ahead, because the next one I have to return to you, will be most unprintable in this forum get this through your thick sculls I dont buy from spam, and I don,t go to other forums unless I want to.
Sorry Sarah I got carried away then. anyway I hope you had a nice holiday, and welcome back.

P @ F

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2006, 10:35:27 pm »
OOPS , just read your comment about stalkin {sarah sarill } , i would just like to point out that it wasnt me , to other members that is !

Not sure if you saw it but it was a comment about figures {pricing } , naturally it was either your or bizzy that was gonna get it .

Rich   P @ F   
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

gaza

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2006, 10:47:41 pm »
I havent put my email address down,left my old email address cus I WAS GETTING A
FEW EMAILS I DIDNT ASK TO RECIEVE,so they carnt send me anymore,not saying they are from this forum but its stopped now.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO