AuRavelling79

First use of the immersion tonight.
« on: October 28, 2018, 06:06:47 pm »
Well, since last winter (March just gone actually) anyway ...
It's a game of three halves!

P @ F

Re: First use of the immersion tonight.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 06:23:11 pm »
Yes , I buckled myself on Friday , told myself I was going to stop using the L5 and try the immersion route but I just cant see me having the time to sort it !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

alank

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 06:24:23 pm »
Yup switched mine on for a few hours aswel  ;D

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 06:55:33 pm »
It's gonna be a cold one tonight
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 07:01:43 pm »
I had my oil rad in last night , same tonight and same next week too probably. Frozen finger time again 😁

tlwcs

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 07:58:38 pm »
Been using mine for the last month  ;D

combat1

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 11:02:46 pm »
Been using mine since Nathan changed his.
I have a 2kw 14 inch immersion from Heatrod elements.
Usually have it come on around 2/3 in the morning on a timer.
Temperature going to work is around 46 deg.
I have found this best for me, nice and warm. Hoses are soft and there is a difference in cleaning plus lower cost to heat.
Still warm after lunch in an insulated 350 tank.
I tried an experiment the other day and had it on for 11 hours.
Temperature in the morning 69 deg.
I have to say I honestly couldn’t see a difference for the extra hours.
For me warm is fine.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 11:42:15 pm »
Yep, just put my 3kw immersion on at 10.30, will be like a jacuzzi in the morning😜

nathankaye

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 09:36:04 am »
Filled up my 1000ltr ibc tank over the weekend with nice freezing cold water. Sunday night filled up the van tank from virtually empty till about 400ltrs give or take and stuck the immersion on just before 9pm, n turned off at 8 am.
Late night last night so I've just got up n ready for work, not read water temp yet, but one thing for sure, it ain't gonna be cold  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2018, 03:30:25 pm »
on cold mornings like today i start the van,press heated windscreen button on to melt the ice,turn heated seat on full and fire up the boiler.10 mins later ive got piping hot water.....and im ready for the day! :D
price higher/work harder!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 04:42:25 pm »
So as I said I put my 3kw immersion on at 10.30 last night, didn’t take a reading of the temperature of the water but it was a cold weekend and was -1 last night when I plugged it in so water would have been really cold,  Unplugged it at 8 this morning, drove to first job so the water had a chance to slosh around,  took temp reading, temp of water at top was 45 temp at bottom of tank was 42 , that is approx 500 litres of water in a 650 litre tank. I was left with approx 150 litres at 2.45, temp of water was 29 ( no inslation used ). Will take another reading tonight and tomorrow and report the results.

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2018, 05:42:29 pm »
So as I said I put my 3kw immersion on at 10.30 last night, didn’t take a reading of the temperature of the water but it was a cold weekend and was -1 last night when I plugged it in so water would have been really cold,  Unplugged it at 8 this morning, drove to first job so the water had a chance to slosh around,  took temp reading, temp of water at top was 45 temp at bottom of tank was 42 , that is approx 500 litres of water in a 650 litre tank. I was left with approx 150 litres at 2.45, temp of water was 29 ( no inslation used ). Will take another reading tonight and tomorrow and report the results.

Interesting.
I didn't post my results and same as you I didn't take a before temp reading. But after driving for a good half hour and cleaning a large house I then took a reading.
My post above shows when I turned mine on and off and the reading was 51 at the top ofthe tank.  But as all know my tank is insulated and I will take a reading ofthe water before I top the tank up but this won't be till towards half eight once I've sorted kids for bed
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2018, 05:56:41 pm »
I should've used it earlier in the year.

The kinking hoses of the last couple of weeks have disappeared. Lovely.
It's a game of three halves!

combat1

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2018, 07:32:57 pm »
What would be good would be a 12v immersion that could maintain the temperature during the day.
Googled 12volt water heaters but powerwise seem to be back to the aquarium syndrome.
Shame , after working for a while the water level would fall and a heater would be more efficient.

Plankton

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2018, 08:23:38 pm »
What would be good would be a 12v immersion that could maintain the temperature during the day.
Googled 12volt water heaters but powerwise seem to be back to the aquarium syndrome.
Shame , after working for a while the water level would fall and a heater would be more efficient.
Was just looking at 12v kettles and came across this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aiicioo-Heating-Immersion-Stainless-Submersible/dp/B01D4U27AS/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1540844290&sr=8-16&keywords=12v+water+heater but as it says to prevent water from freezing I doubt it would be any use to windys.

combat1

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2018, 08:45:28 pm »
Thats the one I looked at.
At 600 w it draws 50 amps.
Thick cable needed.
Might work if plugged into the accessory socket or a split relay charge battery.
I might ring the guy at Heatrod and see how impossible the idea is!

nathankaye

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2018, 09:52:31 pm »

Interesting.
I didn't post my results and same as you I didn't take a before temp reading. But after driving for a good half hour and cleaning a large house I then took a reading.
My post above shows when I turned mine on and off and the reading was 51 at the top ofthe tank.  But as all know my tank is insulated and I will take a reading ofthe water before I top the tank up but this won't be till towards half eight once I've sorted kids for bed

So a little later than 8. Sorted the water just gone 9pm.

So the above is temps before the top up and below  is the water level I've filled it to (so you can guess what the amount is (full is 500ltr upright wydale) and the start temp after a refill

I'm leaving the immersion on from 9 pm till 7am.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Jonny 87

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2018, 10:06:02 pm »
With a starting temp of 35 degrees then you will
Defintiely get 50 plus out of that Nathan. 👍

The way you work really suits an immersion. For most of us though it’s not an option to get those kind of temperatures.

I nearly empty my tank each day, so the starting temp of water was always ice cold.

I reckon tomorrow you will be 60 degrees plus.

👍
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2018, 10:24:26 pm »

The way you work really suits an immersion. For most of us though it’s not an option to get those kind of temperatures.

I nearly empty my tank each day, so the starting temp of water was always ice cold.

👍

yeah and then he ll crack a few panes!! ::)roll ;D
price higher/work harder!

Splash & dash

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2018, 10:41:41 pm »

👍

yeah and then he ll crack a few panes!! ::)roll ;D

We cleaned over 600 windows today air temperature between 3-8 degrees water temperature 58 degrees no problems at all 😂😂😂