Re: just ordered my first xtreme!
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2018, 04:48:35 pm »
I use a full 100 m of G's green pu pole hose on a van mounted reel with a shurflo pump for same reason and its even lighter, won't swell or split either.

robbo333

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2018, 04:59:47 pm »
Barry
That's very interesting, I bought some green to use on my pole (P&F mentioned it).
Does it behave itself though at 100m?
I get very few kinks or problems with the reinforced.
The reinforced is very good and feels like 'proper' hose, only lighter.
I am in two minds which one to get. Should I get the green?
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2018, 06:40:51 pm »
Barry
That's very interesting, I bought some green to use on my pole (P&F mentioned it).
Its going to be subjective Robbo.
Sometimes its so light it doesn't lay entirely flat especially in these colder months. I do lay it across roads and pavements but you do need to keep an eye on it. Plus side  though is how easy and light it is to walk to furthest point with, without it giving much resistance or weighing you down - same goes for reeling in. It just doesn't seem to wear out at all

mufcglen

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2018, 07:22:45 pm »
I absolutely love the green pu hose, bought 30metres to try it and honestly still on the same section I originally put on over a year ago with the rest waiting to replace it, kinked and curled at first but then broke it in plus I’m hoseless so think that helps a lot!
Would be interested in trying 100metres though instead of pole hose

robbo333

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2018, 08:19:38 pm »
Barry
Its going to be subjective Robbo.
Sometimes its so light it doesn't lay entirely flat especially in these colder months. I do lay it across roads and pavements but you do need to keep an eye on it. Plus side  though is how easy and light it is to walk to furthest point with, without it giving much resistance or weighing you down - same goes for reeling in. It just doesn't seem to wear out at all

Thanks for your reply.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

zesty

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2018, 08:28:43 pm »
I’ve always found the gardeners green hose to coil horrendously? You guys that are using it, did it just eventually straighten out? I find in cold weather it’s just far too coiled when pulled out.

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2018, 10:24:36 pm »
I’ve always found the gardeners green hose to coil horrendously? You guys that are using it, did it just eventually straighten out? I find in cold weather it’s just far too coiled when pulled out.
I first put it on my reel maybe 8 months ago so mid summer. Yes it was a bit awkward at first but warmer weather certainly helped it to lose its coil memory.

mufcglen

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2018, 08:27:59 pm »
Well pole came today a day late, can’t wait to work with it tomorrow but had a quick clean on my windows and definitely noticeable lightness.
But piffed off though gardiner sent me the wrong pencil jets I ordered extra and I didn’t even get a snood I really hoped they’d throw in >:( :D
Didn’t even get a pen on a £550 order but put an order in for £160 a few weeks ago and got the crumby key ring🙄😂

Missing Link

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2018, 09:03:01 pm »
Anyone else here use external pole hose? - it helps reduce grit getting inside the pole and wearing it down.

Yes, me; I wouldn't use anything else.  You need a hose that 'nips' easily to cut the water flow.  I think we're currently using Gardiner's hot water pole hose.

There's probably a knack to it, but we've been working like this for about ten years now, so it's ingrained.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

AuRavelling79

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2018, 09:57:56 pm »
Quote 1

"I’ve always found the gardeners green hose to coil horrendously? You guys that are using it, did it just eventually straighten out? I find in cold weather it’s just far too coiled when pulled out."

Quote 2

"I first put it on my reel maybe 8 months ago so mid summer. Yes it was a bit awkward at first but warmer weather certainly helped it to lose its coil memory."

My reply.

Yes it does coil horrendously at first. I find that using immersion water (even if only at 20 degrees) in the winter helps enormously as it can fold over and cut flow if cold.
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2018, 11:38:16 am »
Its rubbish..........
.don't buy it  :D

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2018, 04:07:23 pm »
I'm going back to Gardiners all season hose. After 5 months or so of trying to get on with the green PU stuff I've come to the conclusion that it's terrible stuff!! ;D Waste more time in a day trying to manage , untangle, de-kink this stuff that it's not worth the hassle. It only serves one purpose better than all season hose and that is it being slightly better at activating a univalve- otherwise it's horrible stuff! ;D
Comfortably Numb!