paul alan

Re: getting rid of the dross
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2017, 10:35:06 pm »
I dont think anyones trying to criticise mate, just rib tickling you a little but your not the sort to be easily offended?

I personaly come here to learn, lm not wet behind the ears but l believe everyones got room for improvement.

I love the idea of having an easyier quicker more proffitable day and if someone says than can do x in x then ld like to see it not just hear it, youtubes not juch help as there is currently not much happening on the wfp scene.

I would love to see some videos of wfp that l can actualy learn something from that would make me a better window cleaner.

G Griffin

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2017, 10:36:13 pm »
So yea, i might get a slacky with me to film me cleaning a window.
I'm sure Matt would do that for you.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Tosh

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2017, 10:36:36 pm »
What s unfortunate about people willing to challenge the opinions of others ? if it wasn't for people like that we would all be cleaning with PPB machines and water full of all sorts of crap claiming to work miracles,

You obviously think others aren’t capable of thinking for themselves and seeing through any bullpoop. Personally I think if Nathan wants to make out he’s something or other why d’you feel the need to educate the rest of us Ewan?
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

chris turner

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2017, 10:37:58 pm »
So yea, i might get a slacky with me to film me cleaning a window.
I'm sure Matt would do that for you.

As long as he can get his van in a few of the shots.

G Griffin

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2017, 10:45:58 pm »
But i dont question your work ethnics etc.
There's nothing wrong my East European employees.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

paul alan

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2017, 10:46:29 pm »
What s unfortunate about people willing to challenge the opinions of others ? if it wasn't for people like that we would all be cleaning with PPB machines and water full of all sorts of crap claiming to work miracles,

You obviously think others aren’t capable of thinking for themselves and seeing through any bullpoop. Personally I think if Nathan wants to make out he’s something or other why d’you feel the need to educate the rest of us Ewan?
Cos he read a thread and wanted to express his opinion, like you. Whos worse?

Tosh

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2017, 10:47:19 pm »
As long as he can get his van in a few of the shots.

Thanks, any excuse.

*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Tosh

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2017, 10:48:59 pm »

There’s irony.

G Griffin

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2017, 10:49:29 pm »
I also love how people try to use my own words against me...but come on get them right!!
Oh, the ironing.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

paul alan

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2017, 11:01:02 pm »

There’s irony.
exactly

Tosh

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2017, 11:21:46 pm »
No, there’s irony.

Dry Clean

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2017, 11:24:05 pm »

Iv fallen for bull poop in the past and I'm not ashamed to admit it, basically it was because I knew nothing about wfp
so all advice was good advice, it only became questionable to me when other experienced guys questioned or disagreed with it.
Do I think there will others out there who will fall for bull poop for the same reason I did ?  Yes.
I never said Nathan was making out he's something he's not I only questioned his quality based on the info he provided
and only after he brought the issue of quality up.

nathankaye

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2017, 12:06:57 am »

Just to clarify, I wont be posting a vid on a first clean using only a back pack. Sorry folks!  My comments were on my experiences on regular 4wkly maintenance cleans and  i wouldnt use a back pack on a first clean as i have van mount with hot water for them lovely jobs.

Also to clarify i dont mind people questioning as long as they dont mind me answering them back.
On here, U tube or other groups on facebook etc there always seems to be contridicting information. So in the short period of time ive been using wfp i have experimented with many techniques, flows, brushes, number of jets and cold or hot water and different ways in heating my water. I have built my business over the many years hugely on word of mouth due to the quality of my work. Even on trad work i perfected my technique by experimenting and pushing myself. Lol, even timing myself per house so i could push myself to be faster and without quality suffering. Its done by slightly changing small things. So within 2 yrs of wfp ibe gone on a steep learning curve again! But ive come out of it quite knowledgeable.  So im not trying to prove myself to be something im not or a big shot, as im most certainly aint. Nor do i expect people to think this matt, but i learnt new ideas from this forum ie, how to make an electric reel. How to correct my installation of the imersion heater. How to add extra baffling to the water tank etc etc! I could just keep on taking all the time and only contribute to add negative remarks. Yet i choose to try an add some helpful information to some who may benefit from it. As in the case of the link added by DryClean. People seem to think you need to drown windows to ensure quality. Obviously the opposite end of the scale is correct, a slow flow certainly doesnt help quality (or reserving water in most cases). All i said is aim in between!

On this thread, perhaps my term of "dross" may be too strong as many dont seem to like it. My apologies! However im happy to see customers go in a business sense when others are willing to pay the asking price of the work being done. (Ive also acknowledged on another post that i shouldnt wait so long to put prices up. So ive been a part of the problem too)

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2017, 02:13:43 am »
Or another line of defence.

ENGLANDS football team on paper should work but the reality of it is.......
Chocolate and chili on paper shouldnt work but it does....

Just because you want to break down someones comments into a time breakdown or water to window ratio or whatever.......doesnt mean whats being said or achieved isnt correct just because in your own mind it doesnt seem plausible
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

windowswashed

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2017, 05:25:42 am »
I enjoy reading your posts. Some things I agree with and some I don't . Don't despise your customers as I'm sure some of your business has been picked up by word of mouth from some of your loyal customers. Everyone nowadays wants a bargain but who wants to work for peanuts...no one does and I don't blame you for wanting better prices, we all do.  Just be polite when old customers leave when you make a big price rise as it's a shock for them, better to increase slowly but regularly so old work don't become dross. Make a point of putting up your lower priced work on a regular basis and pick up new work for better prices. Don't knock your customers as word of mouth spreads very quickly and you could come unstuck if you're not careful. Good luck in building up a round of decent paying work and customers who remain loyal both ways. Fair price for a fair days work :)

Dave Willis

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2017, 05:58:07 am »
What a dross thread this is! Every year we get a new self appointed expert on here, last year it was Dazmond I've been one too I imagine. Let Nathan babble on. A new "expert" will be along soon.
It's only cleaning windows after all, a monkey could do it.

andyM

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2017, 06:33:06 am »
Thanks, any excuse.

Nice house.
Although the 150" tele on the roof is a bit ostentatious for my taste.

One of the Plebs

Shrek

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2017, 08:29:28 am »
Anyways , I also got rid of some dross. As you all know iv got an exclusive well compact round full of clientele paying very high premiums ( 27 yrs!) . Got a phone call from a front only customer ( just put her price up 25p)  - charge her £3.50 but only takes less than 60 seconds to do with a thimble full of water.
So I explained that I clean the local bus stop next to the park for £4 but she wasn't having any of it, so she sacked me.
So glad I got rid of that one  :D

Off to Morrisons for a sausage butty  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2017, 08:37:16 am »
What a dross thread this is! Every year we get a new self appointed expert on here, last year it was Dazmond I've been one too I imagine. Let Nathan babble on. A new "expert" will be along soon.
It's only cleaning windows after all, a monkey could do it.

the thing is dave some people cant do it!a windy i know whos been going for years is losing customers hand over fist due to shoddy workmanship. ;D

as for cleaning 30-35 3 bed semis a day.....well who wants to do that amount of work a day?itll be a long day with virtually no breaks and youll be knackered for your next days work.
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2017, 09:02:59 am »
Sorry Dazmond, your reign is over, there's a new kid on the block now who's faster, richer and cleans more houses than you, next week he'll be posting his earnings. Just deal with it, it's over now. Just sit back and enjoy!