dazmond

finally!back to normal from monday!with pics!
« on: February 10, 2017, 06:11:55 pm »
i finally sorted my new van out today.new cox reel bolted in(the fittings for inlet and outlet came with it).door cards  from grippa for BOAB,spare brushes and goosenecks on van doors,hose clips,etc

im very happy with it and  now i have my perfect set up. :)

ive only worked 2 days this year from a van mount,4 weeks with a backpack and 10 days off sorting new van and scrapping old van,getting tank fitted etc.

only thing left to do is the  sign writing which should be done in the next few weeks.

its been a costly start to the year and a bit of a ball ache but hopefully ill be set up for a few years now. ;D
price higher/work harder!

֍Winp®oClean֍

Re: finally!back to normal from monday!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 06:29:37 pm »
Just my Two penneth worth... I would be tempted to leave the private reg until AFTER your price rises! 

Other than that- enjoy!
Comfortably Numb!

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 06:30:34 pm »
ive noticed the back of the van gets warmer overnight with an oil filled radiator in the back than my old van.probably because the sides are plylined,the roof is lower and i have a full steel bulkhead in this new one. :)

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 06:33:57 pm »
Just my Two penneth worth... I would be tempted to leave the private reg until AFTER your price rises! 

Other than that- enjoy!

ive lost the private reg off my old van mate as i couldnt be bothered taking it off before i scrapped it.

TBH things like private regs are just "fluff" that you dont need really esp on a leased work vehicle. :)

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 06:55:14 pm »
Why bother with sign writing if you have plenty of work?

p1w1

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 07:05:04 pm »
i didn't sign write my van just to gain extra work. it was more for an overall professional image

8weekly

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 09:26:42 pm »
I'm currently working out of a non sign written truck. As much as I like the truck, with a sign written vehicle customers at least know who's reversing onto their driveway.

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 10:48:11 pm »
Ime sure life will be easier now you have sorted the van must be a nightmare working with a back pack all day , got any pictures of the new set up ? I think it's good to see how others have there vans set out as we call all learn new ideals from one another to make the working day easier and quicker

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 11:57:55 pm »

ive had  sign written vans for 7 or 8 years now dave.id hate not having  it signed.it brings in work all year round.yes i have plenty of work for me but we all lose some here and there for whatever reason(moving,dying,cant afford it,etc).

i recently lost a £70 job to another window cleaning company purely because they do pressure washing,roof cleaning,gutters as well as window cleaning.i have picked up jobs they used to do as well over the last few years so it balances out.

its not just the extra work that a sign written van brings in but it looks more professional IMO and makes you stand out from the rest.keeping the van clean and tidy helps too even if its just my attitude to window cleaning.

i know loads of window cleaners who work from scruffy, dirty, unsigned vans and they seem happy enough but its not for me.(it was many years ago but i prefer to have a crisp,clean cut image portrayed to customers these days)

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 11:59:30 pm »
Ime sure life will be easier now you have sorted the van must be a nightmare working with a back pack all day , got any pictures of the new set up ? I think it's good to see how others have there vans set out as we call all learn new ideals from one another to make the working day easier and quicker

ill try and put a few pics up tomorrow mate.i tried the other day and they wouldnt upload(they said the photos were too big!) ::)roll

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2017, 07:30:20 am »
Mine is signwritten but I'm not sure I'd bother with it again as I'm overwhelmed with work, still get people walk up and ask if I'm a window cleaner  ::)roll

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2017, 07:55:13 am »
Mine is signwritten but I'm not sure I'd bother with it again as I'm overwhelmed with work, still get people walk up and ask if I'm a window cleaner  ::)roll

haha yep thats happens too! ;D

the great thing is dave you can pick and choose what work to take on.we all need to keep taking work on as theres always work being lost.

jk999

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2017, 08:25:15 am »
Depends how you have your van sign written as to if they ask you if  your a window  cleaner. I have had my van sign written  for nine years and all people  ask  me is can you do mine never once asked  me  if  I'm a window  cleaner

trippyboy

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2017, 08:27:16 am »
Got any pics Daz?

tlwcs

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2017, 08:36:37 am »
It's less likely to be robbed sign written as unless they know about your HD power reel and poles 😉 They know there is no "quick sale" power tools in the back
Tony

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2017, 08:42:59 am »
Well done Daz. Wanna see the pics too.

As for sign writing - I just have large magnetic signs about 1.2 metre x 500mm with:

M. Gold
Window Cleaning
  Phone Numbers
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2017, 09:02:58 am »
my van last week

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2017, 09:05:03 am »
now ;D

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2017, 09:14:50 am »
the old and the new!

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2017, 09:52:36 am »
the old and the new!

The new one really puts the old one to shame. Old one looks terrible next to that.