colin bird

whats the cheapest business bank account
« on: July 20, 2016, 02:48:16 pm »
hi thanks for reading,i currently bank with nat west and pay fixed monthly fee of £25,just received a letter form them advising they are going to be stopping this account ,and my new monthly estimated bank charges will be £87,this is due to the amount of cheques paid in and bacs transfers etc account is aways in credit.

due to the above im looking to move banks,any advice on the cheapest account would be much appreciated

Shrek

Re: whats the cheapest business bank account
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 04:50:34 pm »
Iv just got a current account , i only use it for bacs and cheque's but never been questioned, and it's free

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 05:12:26 pm »
Iv just got a current account , i only use it for bacs and cheque's but never been questioned, and it's free

+1
You can't polish a turd

Frankybadboy

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 05:30:06 pm »
santander do a business account with a flat rate,think its £15 a month

i got it when it was free  ;D

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 05:43:54 pm »
Join the FSB - you'll get free representation if you get an Inland Revenue investigation plus you get free banking at the Co-op

colin bird

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 06:52:15 pm »

e

Since putting post on I've contacted Santander,£ 7 .50  bacs,cheques in and out standing orders,direct debits and your allowed to £1000 cash in a month ,but I don't  get any cash

colin bird

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 06:53:26 pm »
Join the FSB - you'll get free representation if you get an Inland Revenue investigation plus you get free banking at the Co-op

Hi Ian what's Fsb ?

SB Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 07:02:10 pm »
I've had a letter off natwest today as well its bloody scandalous  :o

Frankybadboy

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 07:27:23 pm »

e

Since putting post on I've contacted Santander,£ 7 .50  bacs,cheques in and out standing orders,direct debits and your allowed to £1000 cash in a month ,but I don't  get any cash
there you go then

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2016, 10:13:46 pm »

Hi Ian what's Fsb ?

Federation of Small Businesses

colin bird

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2016, 11:59:30 pm »

Hi Ian what's Fsb ?

Federation of Small Businesses
[/quot

Thanks Ian  thanks Ian free banking sounds good,the help,if you get a tax inspection is a massive bonus as could save a lot of money and grief

martin hulstone

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2016, 11:57:59 am »
I just got the same letter, absolute disgrace.
To go from 25 pounds a month to 87 is unreal, cant see many people staying.
I know it sounds daft but i stayed with them because they have lovely old buildings which they preserve so i accepted 25 quid a month, but sadly no more.
Afraid the Spanish get my business now >:(

Jonny 87

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2016, 03:54:00 pm »
Same for me.

Royal bank of Scotland was flat rate of £25

Now they are estimating I'm Going to pay £60 per month.

I won't be staying that's for sure.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

a900

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2016, 05:06:00 pm »
I pay £5 a month with lloyds and I thought I had something to resent. Changed my mind after hearing what others are paying.  :o  ;D

SB Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2016, 08:04:30 pm »
I'm switching to Santander..

Tis a nightmare though as 70% of my round pay by Bacs so i got to tell hundreds of custys my new details now :(

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 09:03:33 pm »
Out of interest, what is it about bacs payments that banks feel the need to charge for ? cheques I can understand - someone has to physically process them but bacs I would have thought was a completely automated transaction. I don't have a business bank account btw, just a second building society current account for recieving bacs payments that I then transfer to my main current account. pay cash in to the machine in branch and same with cheques which have reduced significantly to maybe 10 a month. If you are using round management software is there any need as a sole trader to have a business account ? sounds like unescessary charges for no good reason  ???

brianbarber

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2016, 09:45:13 pm »
hi thanks for reading,i currently bank with nat west and pay fixed monthly fee of £25,just received a letter form them advising they are going to be stopping this account ,and my new monthly estimated bank charges will be £87,this is due to the amount of cheques paid in and bacs transfers etc account is aways in credit.

due to the above im looking to move banks,any advice on the cheapest account would be much appreciated

Just had same letter, they are taking the p, my predicted cost on letter was from £25 to £81 per month
 Even if I pay any cash and cheques in to build soc my main cost is the automated credits.

Complete tossers.

Complete pain in arse, having to give new bank details to all on line paying customers.

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2016, 09:49:18 pm »
dont know why your all moaning,if you care to read the terms and condition of your personal account it will say that your not allowed to run a business though it,hence the wording "personal"

so now your being put on to there business accounts and rates  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

colin bird

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2016, 10:14:09 pm »
dont know why your all moaning,if you care to read the terms and condition of your personal account it will say that your not allowed to run a business though it,hence the wording "personal"

so now your being put on to there business accounts and rates  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll
[/quote
Hi mate the £25 a month was a fixed rate for a business account,the new rate is due to they are not offering that business account anymore,the estimated cost of the new account is £112 which is an increase of £87  per month on top of the £25 I was paying, which I think is out of order,  if I was mugging them off and was using a personal account for business I would understand,but how can't they justify that increase ?
But as previous I'm going to Santander £ 7.50 a month so I'm happy

PoleKing

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2016, 10:15:37 pm »
To those needing to set up new accounts, am I right in thinking that it's free to receive a BACS payment?

If so, no need to let your customers have the new account details.
Just open a new business account, a lot are doing free banking for 18 months.
Then no matter where the payment comes from, BACS to the account of your choice once it's in.

For example, I was one of the lucky ones who got 'free business banking for life' from Santander.
But when we went limited, my accountant wanted me to have a Barclays business account.
Which is £6.50 a month +£1.50 for every cheque I write or deposit. All E payments, free.
But my local branch doesn't have a nightsafe.
I bank personally with HSBC.

So, every Wednesday morning, around 7am I deposit all my cheques (though not a lot anymore admittedly) in Santander.
Customers who pay BACS, only a few tbh, pay direct to Barclays.
And at the end of the month I plop my cash in the automatic machine in HSBC.
Last working day of the month, everything gets BACS'd (on my phone) to the 'proper' business account.
Still only costs £6.50PCM (+GoCardLess charges)
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.