Og

Re: NON-PAYER-ADVISE PLEASE
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2016, 08:09:43 pm »
Ro waste?

tlwcs

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2016, 08:26:22 pm »
Ro waste?

Ro waste would be too good and not worth the effort as it may cause a few spots, but from minging to a bit spotty, they can live with that.
Brush in soil on uppers and or take your lunch in the van outside their house and let everybody know they owe you
Tonŷ

AuRavelling79

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2016, 10:19:27 pm »
Or hand deliver the "You owe money" letter to the next door neighbour with a named and addressed letter inside an unsealed envelope that simply has "from the window cleaner" on the outside.

The neighbour will open it read that it is to his neighbour and take it round to him as it was delivered by "mistake." Your scamming customer will then know the neighbour is aware of him having a debt to the window cleaner.

If the scammer wants to know why it was put through the wrong door then just say you asked one of your staff to drop it in and they obviously put it through the wrong door.

It's a game of three halves!

David Beecroft

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2016, 10:54:55 pm »
After taking all reasonable steps both legally & professionally, if you don't get paid , move on.
In the grand scheme of things £43 isn't a lot and people like that will reap what they sow in the long run.
Don't let yourself be drawn into pursuing a course that leaves you as morally deficient as they are.
We've all been let down by customers at times, its just a part of life in this old world. Hey ho.

Tom White

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2016, 05:11:02 pm »
You could just stab him in the face with a hot soldiering iron.

Saves all that messing about.

elite mike

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2016, 06:41:32 pm »

lol your not back on the pop again are you ?   ;) 

duncan h

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2016, 06:59:18 pm »
had it quite a few times on first cleans and such. Had new customer other day. Came out paid cash and asked if I could do all plastic for extra. Did some and said I would do it next time with chemicals.
As I drove off, the local ladder windy had a good look. Only looked 16. 1 hour later she texts saying hubby already sorted one out. Texed back saying 1 off clean is doulble...no reply

Get loads doing first clean then not paying. Feel  like bricking every one of them. Too many cctv's about. Toothpick in lock sounds good. Have to watch out for cameras and people though

Tom White

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2016, 08:03:29 pm »

What makes you think that?  Have I spelt something incorrectly or is it the perceived difficulty in getting customer, soldiering iron and plug socket all in the same vicinity?

Screwfix do a portable one for £34 that's powered by butane gas; and no, I've not been sniffing that either. ;D

elite mike

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2016, 08:10:15 pm »

What makes you think that?  Have I spelt something incorrectly or is it the perceived difficulty in getting customer, soldiering iron and plug socket all in the same vicinity?

Screwfix do a portable one for £34 that's powered by butane gas; and no, I've not been sniffing that either. ;D

lol must have a catch up , pop in or i will we can discuss pylon painting  ;) and why have you unfriended me o n fb ? 

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2016, 09:00:04 pm »
hoody with a small hole cut in the side to poke a barrel out of , then simply walk pass at night with a powered water pistol full of brake fluid job done

nathankaye

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2016, 09:13:19 pm »
Some people on here scare me
Lol  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Tom White

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2016, 10:18:18 pm »
Don't do the old 'strew a handful of carpet tacks all over their drive'. ;)

To be honest, I'm just being an idiot here; it's very rare we get ripped off and I'm happy enough to just let it go.  Your customer has taken your money - deal with it how you see best (even if it means going down the legal route) - but DON'T let your ex-customer take your peace of mind too.

Stoots

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2016, 11:23:17 pm »
I've contemplated small claims court and I've thought about revenge or violence. But in all cases I've just left it. I've got a fair few that never paid.

If it was a significant amount I would go to small claims without doubt but the odd tenner it's really not worth the stress.

Stoots

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2016, 11:27:17 pm »
hoody with a small hole cut in the side to poke a barrel out of , then simply walk pass at night with a powered water pistol full of brake fluid job done

Brake fluid? What does this do?

Sounds pretty good. 

Rob clarke

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2016, 07:59:34 am »

Sounds pretty good.
It strips the paint off cars  ;D lol

Tom White

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2016, 10:07:58 am »

Sounds pretty good.

I bet you'd feel bad about it after though.  And is anyone really so sneaky and cowardly to do this kind of thing?

I'd rather just confront the customer.

I have one who I've left a message on their phone about payment; I'll phone them again this week.  If there's no joy I'll just make their address part of my running route and keep knocking till I speak to the guy, face-to-face.

duncan h

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2016, 11:24:15 am »
Thought of that, but would end up dripping onto my van lmao

Ste b

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2016, 04:11:20 pm »

Sounds pretty good.

I've got 4 bottles I bought by mistake if anyone wants one 😀
The purpose of life is to have a life full of purpose

Stoots

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2016, 10:54:56 pm »

Sounds pretty good.

i know that,  but what effect does it have on glass and upvc?

Stoots

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2016, 10:57:43 pm »

Sounds pretty good.

I bet you'd feel bad about it after though.  And is anyone really so sneaky and cowardly to do this kind of thing?

I'd rather just confront the customer.

I have one who I've left a message on their phone about payment; I'll phone them again this week.  If there's no joy I'll just make their address part of my running route and keep knocking till I speak to the guy, face-to-face.

I had one recently, a first clean that took me and hour, i called round, text and called, he claimed his wife had paid she hadnt.
He insists she has but wont show me proof, so now what?

small claims or revenge are the only options it seems