Ian Sheppard

Window cleaning Scam
« on: July 05, 2011, 09:32:22 am »
subject: Fw: Window Cleaning Scam

>>>>>>>    This is an important POLICE & NHW email & Ringmaster Message.

We at NHW have received the following message from the West Ruislip SNT regarding bogus "Window Cleaners" wanting to collect money for window cleaning that has NOT been done.

"...... Today (Thursday, 30/06/2011) we had a bogus caller knock on a door in Kingsend Ruislip whereby an elderly lady was told by a male that he had washed her windows and needed payment.

The man claimed to be the son of the regular window cleaner and was collecting the money on behalf of his dad who was away.  £14 was taken from the lady.

The same thing happened to another elderly lady resident in Chichester Avenue about an hour later - - the same amount of money was taken.

Below is a rough outline of the offence:

An elderly lady was at home alone. At about 11:30 am a man knocked on the door claiming to be the window cleaner and asking for money. He said he had cleaned the windows two weeks previously. This lady knew that he was not the window cleaner because they had called the day before and she had asked them to come back another day to clean the windows.

He started to be quite aggressive, saying that he was going on holiday tomorrow and needed his money now. She knew that she was being conned, but gave him the money (£14) for fear of what he might do if she didn't.

He was approximately 5' 10'' tall, around 30, dark hair and darkish skin. He said his name was Dan, and gave her a "receipt" consisting of a piece of paper about one and a half inches square, handwritten.

After doing some research we have found a few other offences where this has happened one in Ruislip & one in Hayes, however a lot is probably going unreported by the elderly victims."

HNW Note:-  Please warn your neighbours of this SCAM operated by unscrupulous people who don't care who they 'steal' money from.

Remember to report any incident of this nature to your local SNT or to Tel. No
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

laddermonkee

Re: Window cleaning Scam
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 12:13:09 pm »
What does SNT stand for
'Ladders isn't a shiner he's between jobs'

LSB

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 03:48:04 pm »
the ruislip police phoned me this morning regarding this , had i seen anyone / etc  , as i work in and around this area , no idea , some chancer .
also turns out that i clean this policemans , mums house !

weetot

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 06:16:37 pm »
SNT ,NHW.  If ya gonna speak in text, then I'm afraid I'm out >:(
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

Dean Taberner

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 06:55:50 pm »
NHW is Neighbourhood watch,

SNT maybe the local policing team of some sort. We have LPT's and IMU's up here or Local Policing Team and Incident Management Unit.

Dean
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Dean Taberner

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 07:04:32 pm »
Safer Neighbourhood Team= Safer Neighbourhood Team
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk