windolene

London rate per hour ?
« on: March 05, 2011, 07:13:19 pm »
Hi,

I have an in & out job at Kensington London next week. The job is for a 6 bedroom town house on five floors front & back with no sides with 1st floor upwards outside being cleaned from inside.  I Offered the owner to come & quote but she is happy for me to just turn up  & clean.

Am not sure if there is secondary glazing so I will book a whole day for the job. I know what I will be charging for an hourly rate for TWO guys but would like your price per hour for TWO guys just to reassure me that I am not doing it on the cheap!

I will charge parking separately.

I have priced the hourly rate as a one-off clean.

Here is a similiar property

Please type in Thurloe Square  or Place Kensington London on street view

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=thurloe+place+kensington+london&hl=en&prmd=ivnsm&prmdo=1&wrapid=tlif129935225844210&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=nl

Kevin WINDOLENE.

andyM

Re: London rate per hour ?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 07:34:49 pm »
You will possibly have to pay £10 for the congestion charge aswell
One of the Plebs

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 07:47:24 pm »
Round that part of London there may be no parking what so ever. So you will need to stay with the van or go in early morning before the wardens get active.

Its a real problem which explains maybe why the customer is so easy about prices. Also, not yet, but from the end of the year vans older than 02 will incur a £200 charge to enter the zone.

Most of us London Cleaners won't touch it

VSP Home Care

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 07:52:39 pm »
Check with the customer to see if she has or can get a day permit for you, I would think your looking at about £28 a day or more on a meter, NCP might be better if you can leave your van.  Traffics a nightmare round there to mate.  If she's on a square they sometimes have to pay for a permit and should have one.

If your pricing the day for two then I think she's in for a whopper of a bill  ;D

windolene

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 07:57:38 pm »
Hi,

Two good points I had not considered. I assumed there were parking meters . If I cant get residents parking I will drop gear off & use local car park.

Hit me with some hourly rates for two guys please.

Kevin

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 08:05:28 pm »

Its a real problem which explains maybe why the customer is so easy about prices. Also, not yet, but from the end of the year vans older than 02 will incur a £200 charge to enter the zone.

Most of us London Cleaners won't touch it

:o :o :o :o
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

terrazzoman

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 08:11:47 pm »
there is no congestion charge in the west of london

Matt Gibson

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 08:14:59 pm »
most london parking meters are 4 hours max, so youll have to move the van atleast once in the day.

VSP Home Care

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 08:19:37 pm »
I remember just over 20 years back, I did my last job as an apprentice heating/electrical engineer in a house in Pelham Crescent.  They had just paid 30k up front to a plumber..... and you guessed it he ran off like a junkie with a Giro  ;D

It was a fantastic house, 4.5 Million if I remember right.  Nice people to, minted people of the old school variety  ;D

I'll take a stab and say 100 150 a day each, it seems like a lot but it's not really especially if they have enough work to cover the whole day.

How much do you earn on a good normal day?  I wouldn't worry to much about what you think they will pay, charge your day rate plus travelling time etc.  If you've under sold your services compared to another firm, who cares.  You may find that when her pad is looking rather posh and clean her neighbours might also ask for your details.

I'd at least wear company colours if you have them and card the street.... when you leaving mind  ;D

Imagine getting another 3-4 jobs in the same street.... and doing two a day..... Nice  ;)

In my limited experience with very well off people in large properties they are not to bothered about the cost, just do a good job and you'll probably find more work.

erithwc

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 08:29:32 pm »
hi windolene in that area i would want about £50-60 per hour per person at least because you have to pay the congestion charge i think plus the parking won't be cheap  :) :)

plus looking at the house they can afford it  ;)

Rick Ward

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 08:40:28 pm »
(central) London: it's a different world to the rest of the UK, sounds like it's easy to get it wrong there but big money available- £50-60 p hr  :o :o :o

VSP Home Care

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 08:46:23 pm »
Well if the money's there at 60 an hour then I'll be doing at least one day a week up there  ;D

Take the rest of the week off for a scratch  ;D

I think if your doing WFP work then you would easily achieve 60+ an hour just doing the fronts round those squares.

I hate going into town these day's, spent a few years shooting round as a dispatch rider and the traffic is loads worse these days.

I'd aim to get there for about 7:30am and find a cafe, just follow the Plumbers vans or call Pimlico Plumbers and ask em where the best cafe is  ;D

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 08:54:23 pm »
£80per hour for the two of you.

I dare you

VSP Home Care

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 09:23:25 pm »
I double dare you, wiv me pants down  ;)

erithwc

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 10:04:09 pm »
The problem with london is parking can cost £3 per hour, the congestion charge £10 per day and once you finish you could be stuck in traffic for hours  ;D ;D so £50-60 per person will soon become £30-40 per hour once you have taken out all the expenses  ;D

andy1975

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 10:49:22 pm »
i currently average £35 an hour alone,with 2 men you would think £70 but it never works like that.might only work out at £60.so for london i would want at least £80 when add everything else up

roundbuilder

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 10:56:52 pm »
How long have you been cleaning windowlene. Just i would have thought you would know how to price seeing as you are from london.

H S and Son

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 11:10:48 pm »
70-75 an hour for the two of you.

Its an achieveable rate elsewhere with reasonably priced work, so why not in the centre of london with all the associated hassles.

the bfg

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011, 03:46:02 am »
Hi Mate.

I do a large house in Kensington twice a year,  it is very tight round there to get parking but Ive managed each time so far.

the job itself only takes me an hour but I charge them £100 cos its about 150 mile round trip which they are more than happy to pay and even pay £40 for my fuel and £10 for my congestion fee and yes it does come under the congestion fee

the reason I do this job is because its one of my custys  family home which has been in their family since the 1920s

rah

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2011, 07:00:27 am »
Just had a read of the park it website. You'll be out of pocket if you don't play the game

http://www.park-up.com/Parking.aspx

Rob.
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .