Chris Cottrell

using pure water for trad w/c
« on: August 30, 2005, 09:24:46 pm »
I Dont use wfp but was wondering if there would be any benefit to using r/o water in the trad sense to clean
would you be able to mop the window then blade it and then move to the next or am i being stupid or just showing my ignorance for pure users

Chris C

Re: using pure water for trad w/c
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 09:27:15 pm »
Hi Chris,

I don't know what other comments you will get on this, but personally I have found it very hard to squeegee Pure water, even when soap has been added. The blade sticks to the window.

Andrew

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 09:27:54 pm »
the trouble with using pure water this way which can be done you would have a massive drag on the squeegee and would probably take longer.if you put detergent in the pure water the n its no difference than using normal.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 09:28:08 pm »
Chris

I use my pure water for cleaning internals.

You don't get a good froth when using fairy.

Cannot see any other benefits

Rob ;D

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 09:57:46 pm »
Rob

if you add detergent to pure water doesnt it become inpure therefore defeating the object

I was thinking if pure doesnt leave solids after drying
couldnt you just blade then detail edge band not have to be concerned about smears?

Chris C

matt

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 10:00:24 pm »
Rob

if you add detergent to pure water doesnt it become inpure therefore defeating the object

I was thinking if pure doesnt leave solids after drying
couldnt you just blade then detail edge band not have to be concerned about smears?

Chris C

it works, BUT you get NO GLIDE

i used to do a pub and it had a MASSIVE mirror about 8 ft fromt he ground going UP, i used to mop on pure water then Pole it off and the lines used to dry allmost clear

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 10:14:50 pm »
Chris,

No real benefit if using traditional method UNLESS you are doing it that way to pre-prep the windows for wfp.

We did it this way for 3 cleans prior to starting wfp and it did break down the film enough to get a good result first time.  You do have to spray it on (we used an old empty windowlean spray bottle)  to avoid contamination and we lft it for a few secs to grip the dirt off.

Use it on internals too but only cos I dont carry anything now but pure water.
Sarah

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 10:17:46 pm »
When running low on water at the end of the day I have used wfp brush on low pressure to scrub patiodoors and then blade them off rather than rinse but due to drag I have to do it the amateur way by going across horizontally from left to right. No need to detail though and no residue left behind.
It's a game of three halves!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 10:17:59 pm »

Use it on internals too but only cos I dont carry anything now but pure water.

great sideline   ;)

John Walker

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005, 11:16:38 pm »

On internals try pure water with a hint of GG4 in a spray.  Use the minimum amount of spray and wipe with a microfibre.  Get it right and you'll have a job to see the glass.  Been working this way for 8 months and customers are amazed at the finish. (No good for first cleans on really dirty internals though)

John
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2005, 07:56:41 am »
hi i mix pure water with gg4 and a small amount of fairy works very well glass stays cleaner too i like it though its personal preference.