Perfectly Clean

M.O.T
« on: August 26, 2005, 06:12:53 pm »
Don't know if any of you already know but this cost me a lot of wonga...
My Van...Went in for its M.O.T it failed because it needed work doing to it..Fine it happens, paid the £44.15 and got the work done.  Took it back paid the £44.15 as you no longer get 14 days and was told they found something else so had to take it away..So I have just paid £132 for the M.O.T without the money I paid to get the work done...Whats going on with the D.o.T?

Paul

matt

Re: M.O.T
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 07:45:34 pm »
Aye, they started doing that at the start of the week i belive

its all to do with computer time, as you now have a set time per test while logged onto the MOT computer, think its 34 mins (if my memory serves me correct)

thus they charge EVERY test

a bit of a rip off if you ask me

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 02:06:57 am »
Aye, they started doing that at the start of the week i belive

its all to do with computer time, as you now have a set time per test while logged onto the MOT computer, think its 34 mins (if my memory serves me correct)

thus they charge EVERY test

a bit of a rip off if you ask me

So if it fails on even something petty, you get charged for another full test then?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 02:16:51 am »
sort it before you go then,then you have no comebacks

Perfectly Clean

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 09:21:48 am »
Yep you have to pay each time.  My van deserved to fail the first time but there was no 14 days.  If its something small say a bulbs gone or similar you may get 1 day but most things as soon as you drive it off you have to pay full next time.

My wifes car failed on a seat belt anchorage point was rusty. Fair enough safety issue but there was no 24 hour she has to pay again.

Rip off bar stewards

Paul