cd5000

GOOD INCOME SAFEGARD
« on: August 26, 2005, 07:00:26 am »
WHEN I STARTED WINDOW CLEANING 2 YEARS AGO I FOUND THAT IF IT RAINS, YOU DON'T EARN ANY MONEY, SO I STARTED OFFICE CLEANING EARLY IN THE MORNING ( BEFORE I STARTED MY WINDOW CLEANING) THERES SOME GOOD MONEY TO BE MADE, YOU CAN CHARGE FROM £12.00-£15.00 PER HOUR, I NOW HAVE 6 CLEANS EVERY MORNING, 5 DAYS A WEEK WHICH BRINGS IN £310 A WEEK RAIN OR SHINE, IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE WHO DO'S THE SAME?

STEVE :D

petski2

Re: GOOD INCOME SAFEGARD
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 07:09:15 am »
Hi Twyford.How did you go about getting these jobs.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 08:38:04 am »
WHEN I STARTED WINDOW CLEANING 2 YEARS AGO I FOUND THAT IF IT RAINS, YOU DON'T EARN ANY MONEY, SO I STARTED OFFICE CLEANING EARLY IN THE MORNING ( BEFORE I STARTED MY WINDOW CLEANING) THERES SOME GOOD MONEY TO BE MADE, YOU CAN CHARGE FROM £12.00-£15.00 PER HOUR, I NOW HAVE 6 CLEANS EVERY MORNING, 5 DAYS A WEEK WHICH BRINGS IN £310 A WEEK RAIN OR SHINE, IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE WHO DO'S THE SAME?

STEVE :D

I do similar myself although I've chosen to work on the PAYE for other people with these sort of jobs.  The disadvantage is (obviously) a lower income from it.  The advantages are that I earn some extra money with much less responsibility.  Also, because I earn more than my personal allowance from window cleaning, I am taxed on these jobs at the basic rate (i.e 22%).  This means that my half yearly tax bill is a bit less when I receive it.

mick hay

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 11:39:57 am »
ive been w/c for about 2 months now and before i was freelance in advertising sales over the phone.....i still spend about an hour every day selling a couple which i get a very good commision on,this week  £414.....not bad for 4 hours work!!.....why did i give it in to start w/c?....i hated being tied to an office!!!

cd5000

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 04:59:47 pm »
hi petski2

what i done was to go around shops, offices, and see what the standard of cleaning was, if it was bad i would send letter and offer my services, it seems to have worked for me

steve

DASERVICES

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 08:44:17 pm »

I also do grass cutting and often earn £30/hr, also gutter cleaning is good
  money £30-£40/hr

s.hughes

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 09:32:30 pm »
I do office cleaning as well but after 10 yrs of it I am cutting back. Its ok if you have good people to cover you when you are ill or on holiday but if you havent then its hassle.
I now only do one contract which is 2 times a week and brings in £60 which is due to go up. I find any more than that and you may as well be working for an employer cause you are completely tied.

Steve