www.mrgutters.co.uk

red light
« on: August 24, 2005, 11:22:15 pm »
hi all

i made a big mistaked last week without realissing , i was following a mate of mine to some work he said i should canvas and trying to stay up with  and navigate i went through a amber light (which soon turned red ) i was going too fast and a car behind me wsso close to me i would of caused a pile if i hit the brakes. anyway got the form from the met today. is tyhere anyway of gettong out of this as it was a genuine mistake i know its serious , but i have nevder had a point on my liscence or even a parking ticket for that fact.

shAWN >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

Moderator David@stives

Re: red light
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 11:23:54 pm »
nope doubt it

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 11:30:54 pm »
just dont fancy my insurance going up as well as paying a hefty fine

>:( >:(
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 11:41:51 pm »
if you post on one of the motoring sites like pistonheads etc you may get a better responce there is a good helpfull site specifically for offences .cant think of it at the moment

Paul Forster

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 11:44:28 pm »
Hi i got done by a jobs worth policeman 2 years ago going through a green turning amber. This made no differance to my inshurance aparently they are only intrested in speeding or multiple ofences. (my inshurance is high anyway due to the fact I i drive a 3.1 l Isuzu trooper )

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 07:35:27 am »
Try quoting High way code..

You considerd ot was to dangerous to stop as the car behind was to close...

I bet they still fine you..
but on the up side insurance need to know but don't normally load premium as it was a one off..

I got caught by the David Baily cameras months ago ..insurance just took info no increase in premium..

Good luck..

Big brother's watching YOU
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

matt

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 11:11:54 am »
its easy to do

read on

get some of these Balloons, tie them to your van ;)

go to court and they will understand ;)

S.C.S

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 11:34:28 am »
I doubt you will get away with it but 3 points is nothing at all i got 3 points on my licence last year and that was for speeding and it only effected my insurance by £25 for the year as for jumping a red light i dont think they will be bhothered because its not that much of an affence when they send you your driving licence back it will have a code for the points and that what you have to give the insurance then they can tell what it was for

good luck

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 01:03:34 pm »
ILike the Balloons Where from??

The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Rick

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 07:11:49 pm »
from what i understand the light was on amber and just before you got to the lights it flicked red???? i have a "distant" relative who is a copper and acording to him if the lights turn red and the rear of your car is past "your" set of lights they may bin points but if you actualy went over on red forget it, because if you see a solid amber light your suposed to be slowing down anyway....

ive done this more times than ive cleaned bathroom windows ok ok its twice  ;D haha but its just the luck of the draw but those points wont really efect you anyway, my sister got nailed for speeding while they were on holiday but but nothing realy changed and thats speeding, i wouldnt worry about....

although i have a plan in mind, there are a few cars that look identical to my car (not work car ;)) im going to get some number plates made up and race through all the speed camera's and trafic lights at about 4 in the morning while giving the finger out the window HAHAHA should be fun ............ got to get round to that :) :)
"excuse me..... are you a window cleaner?"
"no love im a airline pilot"
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
dont you just love this job?

matt

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 07:39:24 pm »
ILike the Balloons Where from??

dont have a clue, i just supply the silly pictures ;)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2005, 08:28:59 pm »
great idea . ??? ??? ???
so obvious i dont know why we all did not think of that.
somebody been on the pop already

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2005, 08:39:47 pm »
Go to your local car spares shop and try and get a number plate made up - nowadays you need the Vehicle Reg Doc and you can only get a plate to match that document.
It's a game of three halves!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2005, 09:09:03 pm »
sad sad sad
somebody needs to get out more

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2005, 09:58:29 pm »
was you thinking along these lines

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2005, 10:22:10 pm »
Gas station? You been in America Graham?

Might as well drive off too, they've been robbing us for years anyway. >:(

Ian_Giles

Re: red light New
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2005, 06:18:54 am »
Sorry guys, as much as I am enjoying this humorous nonsense ;D it is time to lock the topic.
The original thrust, though not window cleaning related, did have some relevance (I think???) The replies no longer do.

With a disappointed sigh I settle my peaked cap low over my eyes, change text color to moderator red..........and block you all 8)

regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES