P @ F

If you aint got wfp , get it !
« on: August 24, 2005, 11:02:41 am »
As i say , its a must have , i for one am blown away by the performance and earning potential of it .
For the past year i have been a ladder man only , and i wasnt the quickest of workers , you may have seen my earlier posts about speed {not the drug !}
Admitedly i am using it on top and bottem , but i think if your gonna drag the hose round then use it !
I was always just above my overdraft , dont get me wrong , i had a comfy life but now its gonna get better , i just went to the bank to check how poor i was and had a shock , almost £500 in credit , that may sound like peanuts to some of you but considering i have only been on wfp for 4 days i think its great .
Zero credit after bills to £500 after bills , and i just gave the other half £70 to go get herself  somthing nice , i got the feeling shes gonna like wfp too !

From a very happy Rich  P @ F    ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D   

I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

twt

Re: If you aint got wfp , get it !
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 11:17:57 am »
thanks for your comment on wfp ive been w/c for 3 years and have just gone down wfp route and have made my own trolley as i got sick of draggin hose round but your comment is encouraging. i noticed on some of your posts your only using di for your water, have you got an ro yet and if so which one.
Thanks
Phil

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 11:23:32 am »
dont count your chickens yet
at least wait and see how many cancellations, or complaints you get .
every wfp user locally i know seem to lose quite a few customers.

twt

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 11:33:10 am »
to david do you use wfp? and if so did you lose any customers

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 11:42:25 am »
No RO as yet , i am lucky enough to have TDS of 100 , i figure that it will give me 5000 L of pure per bag of resin , i currently use about 250L per day , thats 20 days work in the month , {all i want to work !}
So £80 a month on resin i dont mind spending , but having said that , the area i work has a TDS of 40 and i have about 4 customers who are not on water meters who said any time i wish to refill do so , so that has already halfed my resin usage .
I am on water meter , so by the time any RO has drained off its waste it might be more economical for me to stick to DI only , time will tell .

STILL A VERY HAPPY RICH  P @ F    ;D ;D ;D    

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 11:47:38 am »
no i do not use my ploe on the public yet .i will not neither until i am 100% convinced i can go out with it and have no come backs .
i have never seen a wfp cleaned window without spots .maybe i am to fussy ,but i also have some fussy customers,thats why i have got a lot of them throughbad pole work or normal cleaning off other w/c s.
if i am having probs on my own downstairs windows ,how do you get enough confidence to do customers upstairs windows .
after all they are paying for quality service .i may test on a few select customers next week

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 11:54:51 am »
p@f like yourself ive been using ladders for a little over a year and im not that fast ,been looking at wfp for a while ,as  i  am turning work away, mainly second floor work townhouses ect, what system to go for is proberbly the  only thing holding me back at the mo. tell me what did you go for , and how much was it

twt

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 11:59:49 am »
david
i have managed to use wfp withou spotting with ease on some houses on others it spots however im only going to use it on the tops and do downstairs traditional. luckily alot of my customer are pleased for me to be safe and dont mind a FEW spots and are please because it does the frames even thoght i always do the frames traditional anyway ??? how ever i think the spots have been my fault from mistakes like splashing brickwork etc. i know you've probably been doin wfp for longer than me but the windows on your house may be some of those that take ages to come good with wfp i know mine did and this was because they hadnt been done for months and even then is was just a quick going over not the standad i  would clean a customersmers.

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 12:01:11 pm »
NICE ONE DAVE ST IVES  :'( :'( :'(

I have had 2 mentions so far from customers , you know ,"Who did you send to do my windows this month" , after i told them that it was a new system that all window cleaners would at some point be using due to HS regs , i seem to have gotten away with it so far , i redid the windows and they came up better the second time so heres hoping .
I also think that my slowness on a ladder has helped me no end in the past , they all saw me as giving quality value for money work , and i always stopped for a chat too , which makes them a little more reluctant to fire you !

Although i am counting my chickens early i am prepared for loss , my grandad always said "Plenty more windows in the sea boy"   HE WAS LOOPY !   ;D

Rich   P @ F

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2005, 12:01:18 pm »
Good ain't it
Be careful about telling the missus how good it is I bet she'll find loads of new ways to spend your extra cash, Mine did after three years with WFP things look rossy but bank balance still low (other half+kids+grand kids = negative cash flow)

you really feel the benifits when the wind is blowing and you can carry on safely,
don't worry about loosing customers with the added advantage of being able to get to those windows that others can't reach = charging more you can replace every one lost with at least 6 new ones paying more.

WFP = personel money making machine.

Alan

ps. I take it your rained off as well?

Pps, just went to a couple of shops with canopys over the windows and pitched for the first floor windows and canopy cleaning (told them I did not want to take the other w/cleaners shop work)  gave a fair price (about 15 minutes each for £20 each) got the work WFP creates job situations.
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

twt

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005, 12:02:54 pm »
steve have a look at www.d.co.uk and wintecs i got mine from wintecs but wish i had heard of matts site.
phil

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005, 12:13:55 pm »

don't worry about loosing customers with the added advantage of being able to get to those windows that others can't reach = charging more you can replace every one lost with at least 6 new ones paying more.

WFP = personel money making machine.

Alan

now you have convinced me !!!!!
turn £20k into £100k
i`ll be out with mine tommorrow

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2005, 12:21:50 pm »
Its lashing down in Plymouth at the mo , but the weatherman said id get a couple hours this afternoon , dear of him !
I got a big gutter job on a bungalow and plenty of inside work to do though .

STEVE JAMIESON , I got the entry level system from WINTECS £777 , but i upgraded to a 175L tank and got a 24' pole so i could get higher windows , im not sure if you could get your townhouses with the 18' {dont quote me on that}
As you can tell from my posts im well happy with it , if you want to see it look for my older thread "MY NEW INSTALL"
All in all i paid £850 with battery and a bag of resin .
One thing i will say is check out your TDS before you go spending all your money on a DI only system as you may well need to get RO aswell to benefit

RICH P @ F   

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2005, 12:54:09 pm »
NICE ONE DAVE ST IVES  :'( :'( :'(

Although i am counting my chickens early i am prepared for loss , my grandad always said "Plenty more windows in the sea boy"   HE WAS LOOPY !   ;D

Rich   P @ F

Loopy? Maybe, but he was right, there ARE plenty of windows in the sea - Portholes on submarines which you can clean in port. Or if you've got the right gear you can do Titanic, Bismark, HMS Hood, Yamato etc etc.
It's a game of three halves!

P @ F

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2005, 12:57:42 pm »
Hey , you might have somthing there MalcG , low reach pole systems $$$$$

Rich P @ F   ;D

giftedk

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2005, 01:32:17 pm »
hi P@f , You sounded just like i am at the mo.  Ive just started to use my wfp but am not to confident with it at the mo, I worry people are gonna complain (think thats me just being me). I really need to start using it full time and boost my earnings, Was you like me at first  ? Any advice ?.

matt

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2005, 04:05:50 pm »
ive been WFP upstairs only now for allmost 1 year :)

i warned my customers that the first clean or 2 might result in a odd few spots and if they could judge the system after the THIRD CLEAN then they will see what a cracking job it does

for people thinking of it, i started in NOV and i thought that was a good time, dull dark days dont show up the odd spot, only bright sunlight  ;)

matt

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2005, 04:06:46 pm »
steve have a look at www.d.co.uk and wintecs i got mine from wintecs but wish i had heard of matts site.
phil

fame at last :)

seriously though, if your in 2 minds about it and dont want to spend SILLY money, its the only choice ;)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2005, 04:08:40 pm »
that system from wintecs is expensive for what it is.
the sum of the parts-=about £400 max

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2005, 05:34:15 pm »
thanks p@f nice little set-up doesnt seem to take up all your van space either , i could fit something like that into the back of my renault laguna estate as its designed for 7 people ie will comfortly carry say 2-250ltr yes i wll get a small set up and upgrade as and when cheers chaps