Solo Cleaning

The Boredom
« on: August 23, 2005, 12:57:59 pm »
Here's a question for all out there (well maybe two)

As much as I enjoy working for myself and the freedom it brings I do find myself getting quite bored working on my own most of the time.

What do you all do to try and escape the monotony? (Myself I would not be without my phone with radio built in)

And if like me you just feel like skiving off what do you prefer to do?

Just a thought

Lee

marc al

Re: The Boredom
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 03:10:08 pm »
  I have an I-pod and a phone with radio, today I have listened to the entire War of the Worlds and some kenny Rogers!!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 05:03:39 pm »
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one he said ....... but still, they come! (And are alive and healthy on this forum.)
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 05:13:56 pm »
hi i too get bored with work sometimes can't get myself  motivated i find my dab radio invaluable!  bb7 excellent! ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 05:19:38 pm »
well i say skive ,its not all about money you know.
just learn how to make a full days pay in half a day,thats what i did.just send me money and i will  share my knowledge with you.there are plenty of ways of achieving  this .
remember no pay ,no say ;)

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 05:33:10 pm »
Overcomming the monotonous boredom of window cleaning presents a challenge in itself.

Luckily I work with Wor Lass, but we honestly don't see much of each other while working.  She listens to a radio at times and now and again I'll get a talking book from the library.

I suppose you just get used to it.

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 07:42:26 pm »
Dave St Ives , Come on im a poor window cleaner , show this fellow south westerner a bit of compassion and share your knowledge , i want your money for nothin wisdom !

Rich   P @ F   ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 07:53:11 pm »
I have an I-pod and a phone with radio, today I have listened to the entire War of the Worlds

I,ve a copy of the original radio broadcast by H.G.Wells if your intrested

The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 11:34:04 pm »

As much as I enjoy working for myself and the freedom it brings I do find myself getting quite bored working on my own most of the time.

What do you all do to try and escape the monotony? (Myself I would not be without my phone with radio built in)

Just a thought

Lee

Funnily enough, I prefer working on my own.  I have plenty of entertainment just sifting through the stuff that goes on in my head  ;D

Rick

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2005, 12:03:42 am »

Just a thought

Lee

same here m8, i love being on my own, i can sort out any problems i have while at work and think em through, if my life is boring that day i go into super money mode were i stopwatch everything and try and do 2 streets worth of houses in 20 mins  ;D the missis like them days  ::)

Funnily enough, I prefer working on my own.  I have plenty of entertainment just sifting through the stuff that goes on in my head  ;D
"excuse me..... are you a window cleaner?"
"no love im a airline pilot"
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
dont you just love this job?

Perfectly Clean

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005, 05:08:33 pm »
I agree, I don't mind working on my own...The amont of problems which get resolved in your head while you're out, funny never resolved when you get home.

Paul