bluesteve

more questions on WFP systems
« on: August 20, 2005, 11:31:48 pm »
i dont know whether these questions have already been answered on another topic but i'll ask again anyway,

How long will the water stay purified in a water bowser or tank after its been through the RO and DI system?

Does the water need polishing off again with a DI cartridge between the tank and the brush head?

Does the RO unit run off the mains or from pressure and gravity?

How do you turn on and off  the water if you not next to the pump, does this mean you ll be trailing water along the floor from your trolley/van/trailer to where you re going to operate it?

Can you clean fascias and guttering with normal tap water or do you get better results with wfp?

Does anyone live in  hampshire or south berks whos got a diy trolley system care to show me theirs!as im trying to piece it together in my mind but you cant beat a bit of hands on.

Is it really quicker than traditional methods if you re only doing one or two houses in a street?

Ive decided to be convert myself to wfp but only by the DIY route it seems to be the way ahead.so any help and advice would be most grateful
 cheers steve
"Soldier an' Sailor too" !

matt

Re: more questions on WFP systems
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 11:39:03 pm »
i dont know whether these questions have already been answered on another topic but i'll ask again anyway,

answers in RED

How long will the water stay purified in a water bowser or tank after its been through the RO and DI system?

Ive left mine 3 weeks and its still ok, i know some1 who has a spare Barrel in the van thats over 6 months old, still 000 tds

Does the water need polishing off again with a DI cartridge between the tank and the brush head?

No, as long as your hoses are clean

Does the RO unit run off the mains or from pressure and gravity?

main pressure water to fill, then a short bif ot hose to empty

How do you turn on and off  the water if you not next to the pump, does this mean you ll be trailing water along the floor from your trolley/van/trailer to where you re going to operate it?

i use a DIY trolley

http://d.co.uk/

and i just park the trolley under the middle of the front of the house then clean the windows, then move around the rear and do the same, no need to turn it off between the windows in the front, turn it off to move around the rear then no need between windows on the rear

Can you clean fascias and guttering with normal tap water or do you get better results with wfp?

i use tap water and scrub the fascia's, then just give a light spray with PURE WATER, i tell the customer it polishs real well ;)

Does anyone live in  hampshire or south berks whos got a diy trolley system care to show me theirs!as im trying to piece it together in my mind but you cant beat a bit of hands on.

near bath, a bit of a drive, but your welcome

Is it really quicker than traditional methods if you re only doing one or two houses in a street?

tough call, BUT YES

Ive decided to be convert myself to wfp but only by the DIY route it seems to be the way ahead.so any help and advice would be most grateful

http://d.co.uk/

all you need

cheers steve

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 11:45:15 pm »
too much for me at this time of night
 :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

bluesteve

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 11:53:57 pm »
cheers matt
 thats excellent had a look at it earlier tonight and thanks for your answers thats helped me a lot only problem is to where to site the ro unit and storage tank, do you think extreme temps would effect the tds reaing?
 I presume you can connect it up to an outside tap and the waste to wherever and bobs your uncle.
 cheers matt but bath is a bit far .
"Soldier an' Sailor too" !

matt

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 10:09:38 am »
yes it connects to a outside tap, if you have a space to put a shed, just run some hosepipe fromt he tap to the shed (need not be big)

if not, just site the RO under the Water butt stand and build a cipboard around it, and in extreme temps, trough a thick blanket over the RO :)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 05:04:48 pm »
I've got a remote on/off switch for my pump to conserve water. (Like a car alarm button)
It's a game of three halves!

Ian_Giles

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 05:17:08 pm »
Matt answered your questions well, but there is another way of turning off your water flow to the brush; simply bend and pinch shut the pole hose as you move around, I've been doing it that way for the last 18 months...no problem!

regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

james44

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 05:45:32 pm »
How about do what i do and attach a trigger to the base of the pole, the trigger that i use is the sane one of the cleantech backpack. i cut it of the backpack and fixed it to the base of the pole, and run a hose to the backpack to pole base and your 10mm hose to brush, i will take pics this week when i get time to show what i did it only cost £7.00 and iyou have total control

matt

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 08:37:00 pm »
Matt answered your questions well, but there is another way of turning off your water flow to the brush; simply bend and pinch shut the pole hose as you move around, I've been doing it that way for the last 18 months...no problem!

regards,

Ian

Ian, i am sure you know this, BUT anyways

your way could cause the switch to burn out inside your pump