Ian_Giles

Re: What Training would you like?
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2005, 04:46:09 pm »
thewindowcleaner1 has at least attached a link to back up his post.

this thread has proved unpleasant reading, it isn't so much a debate as an arguement.

If you are going to make claims, offer proof, add links such as thewindowcleaner1 added to his own reply, this will at least substantiate-or at least go some way to doing so-the thrust of your reply.
If you are going to continue this debate the please start to back up your claims or the thread will be locked.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

John Conroy

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2005, 04:49:26 pm »
JUST KEEPING IT REAL ;)

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2005, 04:54:45 pm »
this thread has proved unpleasant reading

I must agree,

I personally would like to see more training in more area,s relating to window cleaning all aspects,from starting up to H&S, if it's run or sponsored by a company so what as long as it delivers lets face it large company sponsorships keep cost down.

Alan
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Justin Ruggles

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2005, 05:02:58 pm »
http://domaincheck.co.uk/checker/whois.php?domainname=cleanitup&subdomain=1

Belongs to….

http://www.express-cleaning-supplies.co.uk/aboutus.html

Which is Owned by…

http://domaincheck.co.uk/checker/whois.php?domainname=express-cleaning-supplies&subdomain=1

Which belongs to Mike Boxall alot of people will tell you this as well. No where do I see Phil Hansons name.

As for Express Cleaning Selling Ironics systems I see one item, but they are starting to sell Ominpole’s Stuff soon.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=10139.0

Phil Hanson Does own PWC, thou it does not have his name there but a lot of people will back me up on this.

http://domaincheck.co.uk/checker/whois.php?domainname=professionalwindowcleaner&subdomain=1

As for Ironic Systems owners being Sheep I cant prove that.

That’s the Facts, your turn Mr Soda.

Justin

poleman

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2005, 05:29:57 pm »
WOW :D best read had in month's and the post's are not personal, as long as we keep to the facts, then there is lot be learn from topic's like this (being a long standing member)

Andy

Justin Ruggles

« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2005, 05:33:39 pm »
I have not attacked it once, All i have done is prove facts with backup. Why dont you answer the questions put to you?

Also I dont have any vested interest in BWCA or anyother training company, but plesae prove this with FACT if you think I have.

Me I dont care if you do it or not, I just started stating FACTS and asking you to use your real name instead of hiding behind a fake one.

All the best and I am not going to responed again to this post, but I wish you luck.

Justin

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2005, 05:36:45 pm »
case dismissed your honour

poleman

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2005, 05:39:36 pm »
I thought about the possibility of starting my own training courses.

That would be good, you got the money, time and qualified, if so I would come on your courses, with you being a window cleaner :)

Andy

alansavvi

« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2005, 05:44:44 pm »
Thank you andy!

poleman

« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2005, 05:59:08 pm »
thanks ok, whats your plans for your training centre, what accredittion will the centre have and how will be the internal verifier and what will be his qualifications

Andy

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2005, 06:08:10 pm »
give the guy a break ,he will probably cross that bridge when he gets to it.
the question is what training would you like to see.

poleman

« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2005, 06:18:44 pm »
Like you said Case Dismissed your Honour

So easy to sit and type...
I thought about the possibility of starting my own training courses.

Good luck if he does get it off the ground, if he does I will make a promise here and now will be the first one on his courses :)

Andy

gibbouk

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2005, 06:29:52 pm »
the qualifacation you may need is no big one either, one school years one night a week.
you dont need that with some colleges.
you have to lay out a bit of money to sort out the accreditation, but that would soon be returned

matt

« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2005, 08:23:08 pm »

How does using my real name add or take away from what could be a serious debate?

Think about this all who read this thread, wouldnt you like a say in how this industry is lead, or will you leave it to a cosy little elite group of "you scratch my back, I will scratch yours" gang?

I cannot belive ive missed this thread  ;)

Mr Soda, you are a star, and i mean that, the above bold line says it all

Dont knock the "GANG" though, they will all be out to get you, you will even have abusive e.mails from a certain drunk :)

oh and the name thing is handy, they can then say "johns a good window cleaner, he says he is"

Oh to be a "pro"

they are so cool    <swoon> alot like "T Birds" from Grease

Oh they allso make me laugh so much it hurts sometimes, you know's it, your a pro  ::)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2005, 08:26:58 pm »
a good debate never goes away

Philip Hanson

Re: What Training would you like? New
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2005, 09:51:59 am »
Heh heh this thread is rather amusing I must say Mr Caustic Soda.

The training that I think we need is a specific window cleaning abseiling qualification.  At present, window cleaners have litle choice but to go for IRATA as its pretty much the only one that's widely recognized.  And, though it is very good and well respected, it is primarily designed for those involved in the off-shore industry, and many window cleaners say its too in-depth for what they need.

Rope-access is becomming more important in window cleaning, especially as buildings in our towns and cities become taller.  I think a specific rope-access window cleaning course would be great, but it would have to have the proper recognition (and of course conform to the new British Standard for rope access) if it were to be of any use.

-Philip

PS

I must clear up one thing though, since you mentioned me by name, I don't run this forum or have anything to do with it other than being a humble member like your good self.   I used to be a moderator here, but ah... well thats all in the past.  Tosh and Ian have taken up that mantle now, and they're doin fine.
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2005, 11:49:48 am »
thats c**p that is  ;D