marc al

Letter Recievd From non-paying customer
« on: August 19, 2005, 11:59:05 am »
  I have recieved this letter this morning from a customer who hadn't payed after the first 2 cleans.

"The first time you come and done the windows you didn't dry them or do every window as we have cameras on the front and back of our house also our friend was there and said you didn't clean them properly"

"Then the second time we didn't expect you as we didn't pay, you didn't clean the back windows as the gate was locked."

"Your work has been terrible and if you can't do your job properly then you shouldn't be cleaning windows. Do not come back"

This letter smacks a bit as I do another 20 houses on this estate, all the same and have quite a good idea of where the windows are, and the poor grammar is exactly how the letter was written!!

My reply is below

"Thank you for your letter regarding the lack of payment for my services, i only wish you had contacted me after the initial clean, although you failed to do so even though you have my number and address."

"I would like to respond to a few points raised,"

1/  Every window including the conservatory was cleaned on both occasions

2/ The windows were left wet due to the use of a pure water cleaning system, obviously your friend may like to contact me to offer tips on how to opperate this correctly.

3/  If you would like to view your video again, you will see that i accessedthe rear of your house the second visit by using ladders to get over your garage roof.

4/  I was not going to come back again as I have over 200 other happy customers who are pleased to see me every month.

Thanks

Marc.

petetaylor56

Re: Letter Recievd From non-paying customer
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 12:02:39 pm »
 :)marc i had one exactly the same just got on with work customers like that are not needed i still do all the house round them who are happy with my work  ;D
today i be mostly wfp

marc al

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 12:07:10 pm »
 pete

I have not taken it to heart, I just can't let it go without a reply.

Marc

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 12:58:51 pm »
ask them if you can wiew your "terrible work"
and see if they have got a genuine issue if it was me i would not settle until i had viewed my  critisized work ,even if it was weeks ago you can still view the last ever contact of the windows .

after all its your reputation at stake .face to face is always better.
see for yourself then walk  away!!!!

davve

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 01:40:37 pm »
Do not - I repeat - do not,,,, put a balaclava on and egg their windows in the early hours of November 1st 2005. (The day after Hallowe'en).

Remember... Don't do it! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

marc al

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 02:00:24 pm »
  Iwas thinking along the lines of clear silicone sealant.

williamx

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 05:22:21 pm »
Marc

I would have replied

Dear sir

With regard to the outstanding money that you owe me, for cleaning your windows, and your insistence on not paying.

My company policy regarding these matters is that we will by seeking a County Court Summons for the outstanding payment plus all of our solicitors and legal costs.

When we obtain the Judgement Order against you, we will then instruct the Court Balliff to visit your home and remove goods the cover this and also the balliffs costs.

If the Court Balliffs cannot recover all of the debt, then we seek a court order for the balance to be deducted from your wages or benefits.

If you conduct your own business then a bankrupcy order may be sought though the courts.

We strongly contest you excuses for not paying your debt to us.

You have stated that you have Video Proof that we did not clean your windows, we would strongly recommend that you bring this with you to court to help you in your defence.

Have a Nice Day 

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 05:32:28 pm »
Hi William

I think that may be a bit extreme for the sake of 30 - 40 quid. I have had letters drawn up from contract cleaning debtors that have outstanding balances of £500 upwards.

To date, I have only had one client who has not paid for their window cleaning and for the sake of the £12 out standing, I wrote it off. The laughable thing is, if and when they decide to pay and if they want me to come back (3rd floor flat); it will be cash payments prior to cleans and a new rate of £30 instead of the £12.

Marcs reply was good, but I would have added, that his debt will be recorded on the national window cleaner’s debtors list and as a result of this; he will not obtain the professional services of a professional window cleaner again.

Oh and the National Window Cleaners Debtors list may not exist, but I will be happy to operate this, if other window cleaners would consider it a help. Let me know what you all think. With everyone’s help, we could build a debtors list up, in turn, these debtors could receive a letter from me notifying them of this and who knows, they might even pay, lol.

Andrew

williamx

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 05:36:43 pm »
Andrew

I didn't say you had to do any of those things, all I said was that I would reply this way. ;)

I don't think they will slept well for a few days though ;D

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2005, 05:50:20 pm »
I had something simular a few years ago, my missus went to collect the money and was told that the cleaner had watched me and said that I was only on site for 10 minutes and I left all the windows wet, and that they were not going to pay.

So I went out to sort thier complaint 10pm that evening, explained how pure water worked, and I was on site for at least 15 minutes, and any way I charge for the job I do not the time it takes, made them check the condition of the windows and got paid... that  was about three years ago I still have them as customers in fact they recomend me to friends ( It made me relise that some people would walk all over you if you let them)

Alan
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Mark Curtis

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 07:04:26 pm »
Well if you are sure that you did a good job then don't bother to clean their windows again, let them find someone else and then see how they get on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Messers, there is always one!

Don't let them get you down. ;)

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 07:28:51 pm »
I've had a few bad customers recently.  I know I shouldn't let them wind me up, but they do. 

I lie awake at night planning revenge; then get even grumpier the next day.

At the last count I've got around 340 monthly accounts ranging from tiny little granny bungalows to a small/medium sized hotel.  So the law of averages dictates that the bigger my round gets; the more problems I will meet.

It's just I hate that 'hey, I've just been ripped off' feeling.  It's like they've 'stolen' something from me; my time, and there's 'jack' I can do about it, without resorting to childish-revenge tactics.

Has anyone ever done anything in revenge?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2005, 07:52:22 pm »
It`s not the non payment that would bother me .it is the fact that they have dissed my work and i would demand tha they let me examine there windows and get them to show you what the problem is .Then at least you will get to know what there real motives are.

dave

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2005, 11:54:02 pm »
no comment

Londoner

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2005, 09:45:23 am »
Tosh   You are surely not asking for suggestions for revenge are you? Remember you are a moderator now and have to be a shing example to us all.

As most people say, its not the money its the insult that sticks in your throat. I must admit I still seeth over things that happened years ago but more fool me.

The truth is, you shouldn't let it get to you.Walk away, forget them, life's too short

Paul Coleman

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2005, 03:28:59 pm »
  I have recieved this letter this morning from a customer who hadn't payed after the first 2 cleans.

"The first time you come and done the windows you didn't dry them or do every window as we have cameras on the front and back of our house also our friend was there and said you didn't clean them properly"

"Then the second time we didn't expect you as we didn't pay, you didn't clean the back windows as the gate was locked."

"Your work has been terrible and if you can't do your job properly then you shouldn't be cleaning windows. Do not come back"

This letter smacks a bit as I do another 20 houses on this estate, all the same and have quite a good idea of where the windows are, and the poor grammar is exactly how the letter was written!!

My reply is below

"Thank you for your letter regarding the lack of payment for my services, i only wish you had contacted me after the initial clean, although you failed to do so even though you have my number and address."

"I would like to respond to a few points raised,"

1/  Every window including the conservatory was cleaned on both occasions

2/ The windows were left wet due to the use of a pure water cleaning system, obviously your friend may like to contact me to offer tips on how to opperate this correctly.

3/  If you would like to view your video again, you will see that i accessedthe rear of your house the second visit by using ladders to get over your garage roof.

4/  I was not going to come back again as I have over 200 other happy customers who are pleased to see me every month.

Thanks

Marc.

Maybe you could also tell them about how guilty you feel for not paying them for the dirt that you removed so you will be returning it.  I've got one or two where I'm tempted to sneak round there and muddy them up a bit.  I never do though.  I think that you handled it really well.

dai

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2005, 09:38:47 pm »
Revenge, It's not woth the hassle, they have already stolen two cleans off you.
When you are thinking about them  and the injustice done to you, You are letting them hurt you more. Don't let them do that too you. You will always meet
ringholes. It's their problem not yours, let them get on with their sad little lives and forget them. Don't give them one more thought, Hey we are wc's man, stress who needs it? DAI