Mobile Phones won't catch on.
« on: August 18, 2005, 09:52:41 am »
 Here's a good one.  This is absolutely true!!

Back in the 70s when I was affiliated to the Motor trade, a guy approached me while I was working at a Honda/Mercedes dealership.
He said, "Hi I'm from a company called Vodaphone, we're starting to sell in car phones, how do you feel about a franchise, selling them for us?  You could work an area, lets say North london & Hertfordshire?"
My wise reply?
"No thanks mate I think they're a fad that won't catch on"!!!!  Ooops :P :P :'(
Funny, I thought that when Bucket on belt first arrived too!!
Now I can't leave home without one.
Trust me, I can see the future...The future is Orange  Naa Purple, that sounds better.

Pj

Paul Coleman

Re: Mobile Phones won't catch on.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 02:24:07 pm »
Here's a good one.  This is absolutely true!!

Back in the 70s when I was affiliated to the Motor trade, a guy approached me while I was working at a Honda/Mercedes dealership.
He said, "Hi I'm from a company called Vodaphone, we're starting to sell in car phones, how do you feel about a franchise, selling them for us?  You could work an area, lets say North london & Hertfordshire?"
My wise reply?
"No thanks mate I think they're a fad that won't catch on"!!!!  Ooops :P :P :'(
Funny, I thought that when Bucket on belt first arrived too!!
Now I can't leave home without one.
Trust me, I can see the future...The future is Orange  Naa Purple, that sounds better.

Pj

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  The story goes that Bill Gates once said the same thing about the internet.  A few months later, Microsoft totally changed direction and embraced the internet.  Seems laughable now, doesn't it?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 02:59:44 pm »
they have not caught on with me yet.

I don`t even like answering the phone at home ,because the phone only ring`s when somebody wants something .

dave

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 04:22:04 pm »
You'll all get fed up of spotting and go back to squeegees one day.

What a fad wfp's were!  :o

baldeagle

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 04:30:03 pm »
I believe that the "Beatles" were once turned down by a record company in their early days because they were told, "The days of the guitar/drum group is finished" or something similar.
That was in about 1962 or so, I think

Baldeagle
"John the Window Cleaner."
A business founded during the Elizabethan age.