Re: Leaving spots
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2005, 09:13:34 am »
I'm studying carefully all the info I can on Wfp, because it has it's place...irrefutably.
apparently trad w/c will continue to have it's place for many years to come.
This thread is about leaving spots....I don't leave spots.
I clean the frames, I clean the vents, I wash the sills, I don't leave squeegee kinks, I don't do Pubs Let someone else spread the tar round the glass for a while.I do make mistakes, but as an old tradesman once said to me, "a skilled man is not someone who doesn't make mistakes, he is someone who knows how to work round the problem".  Practical bit of advice I haven't forgotten.
I'm sure there is an easy way round this spot problem.

Ian you are entitled to your opinion, and you state it strongly in your post.
I wouldn't want to be a Moderator, sets you up as a target.  My point? All in good humour, don't be too trigger happy with moderating others.  You may sometimes be the start of heated debate yerself.  No offense meant.

Trad W/c is here to stay.  So is Wfp.
What came first?  Chicken or egg.  Whatever...But you need both!

Ian_Giles

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2005, 02:35:11 pm »
Oh the power, the power 8)

And with graham us mods get a lot of practice.

As mods we have to adhere to the rules of the forum and ensure others do too, it isn't a wide open forum, but often the the replies deviate from the subject (as this one is doing so) because of triggers in a reply, someone will always make a comment outside the original question (the trigger) and then the replies start to spiral.
Mostly after a dozen or so replies the thread loses steam and gradually drops down the board, on other occasions it's like a grass fire on a windy day :o
And me & Tosh are the fire brigade 8)
Sometimes a topic has to be locked, or a few replies deleted. or just a warning put on by one of us to drag the thread back 'On Topic'.
On this part of the board all threads must be window cleaning related, if they aren't then there is a good chance it will be deleted, and the same goes for replies too.
I would personally love to see an 'Any Other Business' board on the forum, but that ain't going to happen anytime soon, so until then Tosh and myself will do our best not to get to carried away with the red ink and the special hatchet we have both got for severing threads (I said threads...not heads :o)

And to drag my reply back 'on topic'; the longer you use WFP, the better you get at it, and spotting becomes less and less of a problem.

Once you have developed your skills to a reasonable standard (and that won't happen overnight) the overall standard of your work should be better than it would with trad.
But if you are not careful your results could well be awful!
It is easier to screw it up with WFP, but as you gather experience you well know the types of windows that will cause problems, or the types of glass.
The difficulty is walking away from a house and leaving all the windows wet, even now I still worry at times that I have done it right!!

Regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2005, 02:45:14 pm »
just what i thought , so i am going to grit my teeth  ;D and get on with it .

Dave
 ??? ??? ???

matt

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2005, 03:12:47 pm »
just what i thought , so i am going to grit my teeth  ;D and get on with it .

Dave
 ??? ??? ???

the only way to do it

practise a little on yours / family members and mates houses for a few cleans and you will get the hang of it ;)

oh you could allways go on a course and watch how the pro's leave spots with a 3 K system  :o ;D but thats a completely different discussion ;)

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2005, 06:18:49 pm »
Keep up the good work Ian.
As you say nobody's perfect ;)
FIRE!!

Notice "Smears & Dry blade lines" thread, Ian?
good one ;)
Pj

AuRavelling79

Re: Leaving spots New
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2005, 11:13:00 pm »
I understand there are courses available to help you use a wfp properly.

I think David@St.Ives might be able to give you a considered opinion on such courses.
It's a game of three halves!