Mike_Boxall

Re: Motivation
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2005, 09:18:34 am »
Visit a hospital!

I've been working with a few hospitals recently and it really does make you stop and think how lucky you are to be able to get up and go to work in the morning at all!

It motivates me, anyway!

Regards

Mike

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2005, 09:39:22 am »
Visit a Cemetery!! :'( :(

Every day's good!
Pj

petetaylor56

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2005, 05:27:23 pm »
 :)just got back from 2 weeks total relaxation in majorca was going back to work straight away but decided to start again monday :)
today i be mostly wfp

MAXJB4

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2005, 09:51:13 am »
Visit a hospital!

I've been working with a few hospitals recently and it really does make you stop and think how lucky you are to be able to get up and go to work in the morning at all!

It motivates me, anyway!

Regards

Mike

Your visits to the hospitals has given you-. PMA.-( positive. metal. attitude.)

Ian Rochester

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2005, 07:33:06 am »
If you are struggling to find motivation to get out of bed at this time of year, wait until you get to the cold, wet, dark winter months... thats when that big soft duvet becomes part of your body that you don't want to let go of.

I found when I first started that I sometimes didn't want to go out and had the thought "do I want to be cleaning windows for the rest of my life??"

But the round grew nicely and I took someone on to help and what a difference that made, it is much better when there are two of you working together, there is banter, competition and you feel more inclined to not let the other person down.

These phases are just passing moments and if you have a sound business and this is what you want to be doing you will get through them.

I now have 4 lads working for me (2 x 2) and we always aim to finish by 2pm on a friday thenmeet up for a few "jars" at the end of the week.

Perfectly Clean

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2005, 03:24:48 pm »
My motivation is getting my round up and running, I quit my boring night office job in May to do Window Cleaning full time. The reason I was working nights was because I was stabbed in the back by office people at my last job and was made redundant.

I was cleaning gutters and fascia boards on a mobile home Wed in the lovely sunshine...Twas worth £50.00 took 2 hours I stood back drinking the coffee the owner had made me and thought about the mate who stabbed me in the back and thought ok....your on £23'000 a year but you are stuck in the office still doing the same job with the same people being told what to do by the same bosses, at least im in control of what im doing and I answer to me, the tax man and the misses....(but I don't tell her that bit)...