Intelligent Surface Solutions

Ultrasonic Blind Cleaning - Complete Business
« on: October 16, 2012, 10:01:55 am »
I have just place a very unique opportunity on ebay - check out the listing for more details http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190740387378?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D190740387378%26_rdc%3D1

Denise l

Re: Ultrasonic Blind Cleaning - Complete Business
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 07:05:06 pm »
I bought one of the 1st Ultrasonic Blind Cleaning machines in the UK about 20 years ago from a company called Stan Morantz in Philadelphia. Did a lot of marketing and finally did all the C & A stores in the Uk and Northern Ireland. Its a hard market to break into and make a profit.

Denise

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 07:27:00 pm »
Morantz are still going strong but my unit was a UK built machine (Hilsonic) so parts etc (if ever needed) are off the shelf from the Wirral. Retail stores are hard as there is not a lot with blinds any more but i had built the unit with the domestic/FM sectors in mind - As i changed the process from "blinds to cleaner" to "cleaner to blinds" it changes the whole concept.

Worked with some of the refurb companies and the money-v-volume was good but i think that domestic is where the real opportunity is at as the days of the net curtain are thankfully fading with a lot more blinds in the market now than there was then and the pace that a unit can clean blinds is another wow factor. It is amazing that people don't know just how good a job ultrasonics does on blinds or how much dirt their blinds really do hold! I also used the unit to do charity golf club cleaning days for "Help for heroes" and another time i was at a  vintage bike rally cleaning carbs - So much can be done with ultrasonics that it is one of those misunderstood techs'.

I tried but never could do domestics (I am a commerical supplier through and through) but i think the secret to blind cleaning is the marketing as the process, as you know, is simple - What do you think of the design - did i leave anything out from your experiance? I had thought that it could be something that could periodically follow a window cleaning round

Denise l

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 08:16:17 am »
It was good when we did it. There is scope for the hospitals and universities, its selling them the concept as they have no idea that it can work that simply. The other thing we used to clean were the egg box light fittings in the stores and they are still everywhere. Work had to be done when stores are shut so unsociable hours and you need to wear white coton gloves to put them back up but it all went well. Also did a service for cleaning golf club irons at the big golf clubs. Ryder cup in the Uk  at The Celtic Manor would have been good for you this year. Get them to stick their specs in at the same time it cleans them brilliantly.

Denise

Hilton

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 12:32:21 pm »
Can you clean wooden blinds and shutters with ultra sonic ?

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 04:05:48 pm »
Shutters would have to be done by a deep tank and yes you can do Wooden blinds with ultrasonics but they need the minmium of time in the tank and preferably solid wood types not the cheaper veneer types

vinty

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 12:34:48 am »
Can ultra sonic clean vertical blinds?

chores hygiene management ltd

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 08:39:51 pm »
did this rev anyone up on ebay ?
Chores Hygiene Management Ltd
Cleaners Lincoln • Pest Control Lincoln • Window Cleaners Lincoln
T. 0800 4488 353
F. 01522 542 775
E. info@choreshygiene.com
W. www.choreshygiene.com

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 09:23:34 pm »
Not really so i let the auction end and parked it up again - i think it must have been down to the time of year - Still think it is a golden opportunity for someone who has the time and energy so am considering putting it back on the market or else finding a good operator/sales team that i could do a JV with - Maybe someone has an idea that might be mutally beneficial?

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 04:58:01 pm »
Can ultra sonic clean vertical blinds?

Yes - And does a stunning job! - Takes longer than doing a standard blind but brings them right back to original