letzclean

Your advice Please
« on: December 14, 2007, 02:17:20 pm »

I am NCCA member and get the odd job for carpets upholstery I also do domestic cleaning Spring cleans pre/post tenancy cleans, which is paying the bills at the moment. I want to generate more business on both fronts could anyone give me some advice on the best way to do it? should I leaflet weekly and hope it grows from that I have tried a Parish Mag no good, I have tried a lifestyle mag for Dec £150 two enquiries so far no solid booking. I have tried a local directory £60 for two months have not noticed the no more calls, I have tried a area specific directory no difference in bookings, yellow pages a load of poope! What else can I do do to generate more business your help would be appreciated. I have been running for over a year now
"A pessimist see's the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist see's the opportunity in every difficulty."

steve doyle

Re: Your advice Please
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 07:48:22 pm »
From my experience local bboklets are good but it takes time to work, they arent a one hit wonder. if thats what you want then i would suggest a leaflet drop campaign with a "hook" 15% discount (winky wink) for example.

myvanwi

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 06:40:15 pm »
Sounds like you have got the same problems as us. If you find a method that works please let me know. We have spent a fortune on advertising and most of it was a complete waste of time.

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 07:38:48 pm »
Hi,

for what it's worth I've done the following and in a year gained 17 new clients

Local mag for a year £275
Yell.com £365
Leaflet drop £100
Yellow pages £1500
Sign written vans £500
Word of mouth   price less

Nick

myvanwi

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 09:06:27 pm »
Thanks for that. On the subject of vans are you leasing? We are at the point where we need two vans and want to know what the most cost effective way is

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 09:07:43 pm »
yea I lease

a Peug partner

martin19842

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 10:05:31 pm »
nick

word of mouth advertising -- priceless

havent you received my invoice yet. that lovely postal service we have.

just got in another 15 hour day thats the second this week.

and the last, in office tomorrow.

hope friday goes well, we need to get together in NY so that you can understand more about our drying operations

regards

martin

myvanwi

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 06:31:43 pm »
yea I lease

a Peug partner

How much are you paying monthly per small van? I am weighing up the best deals at the moment and any pros and cons on your experience of leasing would be very welcome.

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 07:46:05 pm »
 I pay £165 a month including gap.

I lease my vans so I get trouble free motoring, road tax is sorted every year ( in the price).

comapny image is important and new vans speak volumes.

Any problems with the van they go back.

If you have contracts that are regular then you have a regular income so why not lease.

When I leased my first van I worried like hell for weeks, when the van arrived and sign written it fetched in loads more work.

Nick

myvanwi

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 05:53:48 pm »
That is exactly what I am looking for trouble free motoring. Also the new van image as you say speaks volumes. Which company do you use for leasing and which van type?

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 06:21:00 pm »
went direct to peougeot main dealer, did the best deal for me and 6 weeks del

letzclean

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 04:28:33 pm »

Thanks for your time
"A pessimist see's the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist see's the opportunity in every difficulty."