James Styles

Re: what business decisions are you making around Coronavirus?
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2020, 11:24:13 pm »
Done a full day today no cancellations sent texts out for tomorrow just one cancelled saying can she skip this month I replied ok no worries. I have a busy day anyways & 1 cancellation isn’t that bad really.
For me what’s really frustrating is I was planning on really building my round this year with canvassing starting from April all through the summer & this virus has totally destroyed that plan.

CleanClear

« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2020, 11:53:37 pm »
Done a full day today no cancellations sent texts out for tomorrow just one cancelled saying can she skip this month I replied ok no worries. I have a busy day anyways & 1 cancellation isn’t that bad really.
For me what’s really frustrating is I was planning on really building my round this year with canvassing starting from April all through the summer & this virus has totally destroyed that plan.

My missus finished work tonight in Tescos @10pm. I went early to pick her up, thought i'd grab a few bits of shopping whilst i was there. No Eggs, Bread, Meat, Pasta, Fruit and Veg Isle was empty, i didn't bother check the bog roll isle (we have six rolls at home). I grabbed value fish cakes, cooked prawns, ham and coleslaw. My food plan hasn't gone to plan for the week so i feel your pain.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Slacky

« Reply #162 on: March 18, 2020, 05:55:05 am »
Slimming World has  shut down for the foreseeable. The worlds gone mad...

nathankaye

« Reply #163 on: March 18, 2020, 08:23:29 am »

In some lands they have banned social gatherings of more than 5 people
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Simon Trapani

« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2020, 08:45:39 am »
My one employee  is self isolating for 7 days as he’s showing symptoms. Great. ::)roll

NWH

« Reply #165 on: March 18, 2020, 09:10:38 am »
Yeah lol self isolating with NetFlix more like.

G Griffin

« Reply #166 on: March 18, 2020, 09:17:00 am »

In some lands they have banned social gatherings of more than 5 people
One person attending Slimming World could be classed as a social gathering.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

deeege

« Reply #167 on: March 18, 2020, 09:19:50 am »

That’s the whole point. Social isolating isn’t to keep HIM safe, it’s to keep all those at risk who he may come into contact with safe.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

G Griffin

« Reply #168 on: March 18, 2020, 09:27:14 am »
I'm hanging fire on buying my Missus a Mother's Day card and present from our lad. I don't want to spend the money and then she croaks before Sunday.
Unless I make a card out of toilet roll and buy her some tins of spaghetti hoops.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

jo5hm4n

« Reply #169 on: March 18, 2020, 10:18:46 am »
My one employee  is self isolating for 7 days as he’s showing symptoms. Great. ::)roll

Simon i am worried about that with my employee.  Are you going to give him full pay for the week or just the standard SSP of £94 a week?

Simon Trapani

« Reply #170 on: March 18, 2020, 10:38:56 am »
No, I spoke to him on the phone, sounds like death. Cough, tight chest. He’s often ill. Picks up every virus going. Doesn’t look after himself or wash his hands even at the best of times. Hard worker though when he is in.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2020, 10:44:25 am »

Simon i am worried about that with my employee.  Are you going to give him full pay for the week or just the standard SSP of £94 a week?
Probably just ssp. I don’t live hand to mouth but we’re all probably gonna get it sooner or later so I gotta think of me & my family.

I normally let him take his sick days as holiday but he’s had 13 days off for various reasons already since 1st January which is when I run my holiday from so arguably he hasn’t accrued it yet. I’ll see if I can help him out though.

nathankaye

« Reply #172 on: March 18, 2020, 11:48:02 am »
Just seen this on a facebook forum and ive had the same.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Granny

« Reply #173 on: March 18, 2020, 12:31:21 pm »
We've made the decision not to do insides (we only do a few anyway) but I've explained and they are supportive of it.
Didn't get the usual coffee this morning so they must have made their decisions too! ;D

NWH

« Reply #174 on: March 18, 2020, 01:03:13 pm »

That’s the whole point. Social isolating isn’t to keep HIM safe, it’s to keep all those at risk who he may come into contact with safe.
Yeah like people aren’t going to take advantage of that lol,I know people that almost jumped for joy when they heard that statement the other day,it was like kids in a sweet shop with a 100 quid voucher.

Slacky

« Reply #175 on: March 18, 2020, 01:33:38 pm »
No, I spoke to him on the phone, sounds like death. Cough, tight chest. He’s often ill. Picks up every virus going. Doesn’t look after himself or wash his hands even at the best of times. Hard worker though when he is in.

I just spoke to a customer of mine. He works for McLaren. Just bn flown back from Australia. One of the crew out there went down with it. Reckoned it was no worse than a mild cold.

Still, picked up a new window cleaning job today and a days work patio pressure wash.

NWH

« Reply #176 on: March 18, 2020, 01:38:18 pm »
People this doesn’t effect anyone who claims benefits as usual rent still paid as well as all the other things they get,it effects them as much as it does the very wealthy they’ve just got to avoid getting the virus bills will still get paid.

James Styles

« Reply #177 on: March 18, 2020, 01:57:20 pm »
People this doesn’t effect anyone who claims benefits as usual rent still paid as well as all the other things they get,it effects them as much as it does the very wealthy they’ve just got to avoid getting the virus bills will still get paid.
Yeah this annoys me, all the dole dossers don’t have to worry at all, they will get paid as usual no matter how bad it gets but the workers have to suffer.

G Griffin

« Reply #178 on: March 20, 2020, 07:56:05 am »
Would anyone do a free clean, or a few windows at a time, for those hit hardest because of the virus. I think I will, if I can work.
I remember my Dad and his contemporaries cleaning the windows of striking miners for free in the '80's.
It's a good way of building customer loyalty. Obviously it'd only apply to good, genuine customers.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #179 on: March 20, 2020, 02:21:03 pm »
Would anyone do a free clean, or a few windows at a time, for those hit hardest because of the virus. I think I will, if I can work.
I remember my Dad and his contemporaries cleaning the windows of striking miners for free in the '80's.
It's a good way of building customer loyalty. Obviously it'd only apply to good, genuine customers.

yep i will be doing this and writing off the odd debt here and there too griff.......
price higher/work harder!