deeege

Re: what business decisions are you making around Coronavirus?
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2020, 10:10:04 pm »
Im taking bookings for pressure washing, soft washing and today another 2 quotes for windows.
Im not expecting to loose any work nor slow down as yet. I think it will only start when everyone else is effected. Thank fully i dont clean for anyone who works for virgin airlines, nor pubs n clubs, so thats great for me

Do you really think it’s just going to be Virgin airlines that will be effected? It’s the whole travel/hospitality industries that are going to be on their knees in the coming days/weeks.

Pilots, cabin crew, event planners, landlords, airport workers, travel agents, taxi drivers etc etc the list goes on.

You’ll lose work Nathan, as will all of us.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

NWH

« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2020, 10:19:19 pm »
Pointless including pressure washing and soft washing jobs into this conversation really Nathan they are 1 offs or not regular jobs,I would say if you have a large commercial side you will notice it a lot,you a totally dependant on them surviving to keep you on.
The bets are spread if you do mainly domestics you have a lot of independent customers some it won’t effect so you can take a hit on them as you can gain new work to fill in the gaps not as easy with commercial work,trouble is I can see this driving prices down all over again as people being desperate for the work going in cheap.

nathankaye

« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2020, 10:26:41 pm »
Im taking bookings for pressure washing, soft washing and today another 2 quotes for windows.
Im not expecting to loose any work nor slow down as yet. I think it will only start when everyone else is effected. Thank fully i dont clean for anyone who works for virgin airlines, nor pubs n clubs, so thats great for me

Do you really think it’s just going to be Virgin airlines that will be effected? It’s the whole travel/hospitality industries that are going to be on their knees in the coming days/weeks.

Pilots, cabin crew, event planners, landlords, airport workers, travel agents, taxi drivers etc etc the list goes on.

You’ll lose work Nathan, as will all of us.

Im not saying I wont, its just not yet thank fully.  Of course everyone in that sector will be affected, however today on bbc radio1 news its strongly highlighted how virgin are asking all their staff to take 8 wks unpaid leave off.  Hence my comment
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2020, 10:31:59 pm »
It hasn’t started yet I reckon it will effect everyone somewhere along the line,if it doesn’t you’d have dodged more bullets than superman.

Slacky

« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2020, 10:41:29 pm »
I clean the windows for a friend of mine and her husband. I met up with her tonight. He works for Virgin - got made redundant today.

dazmond

« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2020, 10:50:09 pm »
im still putting prices up!at least another 40 jobs going up this week...... ;D
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2020, 11:16:05 pm »
Lol one last push Daz

James Styles

« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2020, 11:55:31 pm »
What will happen if we the country goes into lockdown and we can’t work?
Will we be able to claim anything while this happens as we have bills to pay.
Also how likely is it that this is going to happen,  us going into lockdown?

NWH

« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2020, 11:56:40 pm »
Apart from a  deferred Tax bill I wouldn’t think you could do anything else 

James Styles

« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2020, 12:17:05 am »
Apart from a  deferred Tax bill I wouldn’t think you could do anything else
Wouldn’t I be able to claim universal credit or anything?
We can’t just earn nothing for 2-4 months

Slacky

« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2020, 12:19:45 am »
I spoke to three customers today about restricted working practises. 

They all said they couldnt see the problem with me window cleaning in this current situation. We work by oursleves in a solitary fashion, outdoors, away from other people, we dont congregate or form groups of people.

I have a few plans up my sleeve to keep going. Have you got any secluded work?

Imagine having to commute in to London every day...

James Styles

« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2020, 12:30:41 am »

They all said they couldnt see the problem with me window cleaning in this current situation. We work by oursleves in a solitary fashion, outdoors, away from other people, we dont congregate or form groups of people.

I agree with what you are saying that we work by ourselves outdoors but still if a lockdown is enforced I don’t think the government will see windows being cleaned as an importance & think it will likely mean we can’t work. My main hope is a lockdown not happening.

dazmond

« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2020, 02:16:12 am »
We have to try and keep working if possible for our own sanity.....dont forget....

Postmen,online delivery drivers,mechanics,convenience/supermarket workers,lorry drivers,takeaway staff,nhs/care workers,funeral directors,gardeners,wheelie bin cleaners,council bin men will all be working  in a lockdown situation....so why not us?

price higher/work harder!

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2020, 06:37:24 am »
I think that decision Dazmond is out of our hands
unfortunately.

T

deeege

« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2020, 06:48:01 am »
We have to try and keep working if possible for our own sanity.....dont forget....

Postmen,online delivery drivers,mechanics,convenience/supermarket workers,lorry drivers,takeaway staff,nhs/care workers,funeral directors,gardeners,wheelie bin cleaners,council bin men will all be working  in a lockdown situation....so why not us?

If we go the same way as Italy, Spain and France Daz, all of the above apart from NHS and care staff will NOT be working.

What will stop you from working will be the social stigma of actually going to work.

All of your customers locked in their houses, kids off school, people going insane in their own homes for the greater good of the vulnerable and elderly people and then you rock up to clean their windows without a care in the world. People won’t be happy and won’t be afraid to let you know either.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Dave Willis

« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2020, 07:07:32 am »
I don’t care, I’m still going to concerts, stuff em!
Going to see the Flu Fighters, Miley Virus, Cold Play and Slipsnot.

deeege

« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2020, 07:13:32 am »
For anyone that has a mortgage, most mortgage lenders are offering a payment holiday of 3-6 months. It’s unclear whether the interest will still be charged as yet but it’s certainly a help for anyone that will struggle to meet the commitments over the coming months.

My lender Halifax have also said there will be no additional fees for any missed payments on credit cards/mortgages/loans.

« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2020, 07:15:02 am »
I don’t care, I’m still going to concerts, stuff em!
Going to see the Flu Fighters, Miley Virus, Cold Play and Slipsnot.
I hear that the Wuhan Clan are also on tour.

zesty

« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2020, 07:26:53 am »

I agree with what you are saying that we work by ourselves outdoors but still if a lockdown is enforced I don’t think the government will see windows being cleaned as an importance & think it will likely mean we can’t work. My main hope is a lockdown not happening.

I strongly doubt we wouldn’t be able to work. Boris is keen to keep the economy moving as much a is possible.

I would be very suprised if we literally can’t leave the house.

Phil J

« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2020, 07:54:21 am »
Was supposed to be getting a system fitted in a second van today. I've just put that on hold until further notice. We'll definitely suffer some sort of loss/cancelation as this thing evolves. People are going to lose their jobs or be laid off. We offer a non essential service, so as purse strings tighten we'll become a luxury. Hopefully this passes quickly and things return to normal as son as possible. Holt tight, this could be a bumpy ride!