should make it easier for you then

trike

Re: builders clean
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2009, 09:53:09 am »
thanks is thr price you say for glass and tiles aswell

bluez

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2009, 11:35:26 am »

Are you in a competition for this work, if not err on the high side. I would put it in at £6000.00 plus any height access equipment hire (I know they say they have cherry picker but you will be sharing it so allow for your own if possible).

Tiles £ 3200.00 plus any additional costs
hi

trike

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2009, 11:50:06 am »
they are asking for quotes so i think so,risk ass and method sta also required

Mike 108

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2009, 05:40:19 pm »
It may be too late now, but, have you thought of asking someone with experience of this type of work to go in with you (50/50) on this quote/job.

A problem shared is a problem halved.

Even if someone else provide the bulk of the labour force (75/25), you'd still get something out of it (including much needed experience).

And I don't mean me - I've no experience of such work and it looks terrifying!

Mike

trike

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2009, 06:22:15 pm »
good idia,does anyone fancy goin 50/50 on this,if you can provide written quotation,risk assesment and method statment,i have three men to help aswell,this all needs to go in with quote,had a word with them today need quote in by friday at the very latest

Helen

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2009, 06:47:43 pm »
good idia,does anyone fancy goin 50/50 on this,if you can provide written quotation,risk assesment and method statment,i have three men to help aswell,this all needs to go in with quote,had a word with them today need quote in by friday at the very latest
You think risk assessments etc are needed? Have you asked? What insurance cover do they require? Do you have that cover?Have you visited the site? You cannot do a detailed risk assessment etc without seeing every aspect of the site and how it will be when the worki is carried out. If you get the job you will then have to check your RA to see if the layout etc is the same before you start. If not you will have to adjust the RA  and get it signed off prior to commencement of work. cos if you don't and there is an accident of some sort, there will be big trouble! Seriously, good on you for having the chance to quote, but this is one hell of a big jump for you from domestics to a high end commercial and although the £signs may be flashing before your eyes it could turn out to be more expensive than you realise. Get some experienced help.

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2009, 07:09:18 pm »
need to get quote in by monday,
Trike unless you have a team of guys I would leave well alone.

Builders cleans can and are normally a nightmare, you get the rare easy one. they will more than likely tie you into a contract for the work, if you mess up dont do on time you will pay big time.

I would not quote a builders clean from a picture, I learnt that by mistakes in the past,

If you are asking these questions either you are ready do these and are trying to justify your quote or two you do not have a clue about builders cleans. if it is number 2 walk away and let someone else do it, or get someone to quote for you and sub it to them should you get the go ahead.

Just giving my honest opinion so please dont feel im having a pop.

Ian

trike

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2009, 07:36:38 pm »
i think it is two big for me to handle,so if someone wants to quote it ill sub to them,ill stick to my domestic work

trike

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2009, 07:45:55 pm »
its in liverpool.just out of town center,in a small not busy road

bluez

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2009, 09:04:31 pm »
trike
first big one, everyone has to have a first, go for it you have till friday to get everything sorted.
hi

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2009, 09:36:30 pm »
trike

i will do it for £4500 + vat (I&O) 

jerry

ronnie paton

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2009, 12:32:28 am »
i think it is two big for me to handle,so if someone wants to quote it ill sub to them,ill stick to my domestic work
Trike please dont feel is was trying to make you feel bad, you keep trying m8 it is all good but something like this size if you have not done it could be a nightmare, and you seem a nice guy so I thought I would give my opinion brutle but honest.
Ian

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2009, 01:02:28 am »
trike ignore the negative comments it’s over there head already. Take it as far as you can, it’s the only way to learn.

Go in with another window cleaner, but don’t be afraid to pull out anytime (before you sign anything).

Use the figure’s given here and do your own numbers.

Good luck, 

Ewan, have you been taking something ??

point out whos head it is over please.......

You clearly know nothing about having a good business name pulling out is what you might do, but having experience in doing builders cleans I would say to Trike not to take on a job thats far to big for him work under someone maybe because he may well have a good name for himself and doing what you say would/could do real damage to him in the furture.

Are you trying to wind me up for some reason ?

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2009, 01:33:14 am »
trike ignore the negative comments it’s over there head already. Take it as far as you can, it’s the only way to learn.

Go in with another window cleaner, but don’t be afraid to pull out anytime (before you sign anything).

Use the figure’s given here and do your own numbers.

Good luck, 

Ewan, have you been taking something ??

point out whos head it is over please.......

You clearly know nothing about having a good business name pulling out is what you might do, but having experience in doing builders cleans I would say to Trike not to take on a job thats far to big for him work under someone maybe because he may well have a good name for himself and doing what you say would/could do real damage to him in the furture.

Are you trying to wind me up for some reason ?

Just a little Window washer, But that’s not my main intension trike’s dilemma is interesting and I do wish him the best.

But it is worth testing the water with new kinds of work even if you never end up actually doing it because you can still learn from it.

I did a new job recently everybody told me not to do it, so I did (spent a week biting my nails) everything turned out good in the end although I did have to go back to sub contracting.    ;D

Ewan you make me laugh, has your mum not told you to turn off the pc/mac yet, or are you being a bad boy!

Can I ask you one thing and try and answer this question:

Have you left school yet ?

sub contracting a semi  lol, I guess you are trying wind me up more, I fell for it, my mistake I should not lower myself, but seems I can help but get dragged in, my advice to Trike was in good intentions to him, I am all for saying try something new, but at the same time I would say do within your limits (that is people that have a good name for themselves) if you dont have a good name, try if you get sued then you will learn the hard way, if you pull it off result.  Not the best way to run a business and defo not text book (as to my respondent, you could always listen to Ewan (See I spell your name correct, I am not 15 anymore!!!!)

I have to say SORRY TO TRIKE for this, but Ewan is on a wind up and it is working, what I say to you I would say face to afce and be honest with you.

something that Ewan has problems with (being honest and open)

trike

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2009, 08:11:22 am »
Trike please dont feel is was trying to make you feel bad, you keep trying m8 it is all good but something like this size if you have not done it could be a nightmare, and you seem a nice guy so I thought I would give my opinion brutle but honest.
Ian
no.i understand what your saying,i havent done a builders clean befor,so i wouildnt mind doing it with someone who knows what there doing,i can learn from that,thanks

trike

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2009, 08:14:55 am »
ring me on 07891143346 ta

Mike 108

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2009, 11:35:45 am »
ignore the negative comments 

They're not negative comments - they're 'sound advice' (a lot of it from people who've actually DONE big 'builder's cleans').  Get 'real', Ewan.