reah

Re: payment by cheque
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2005, 06:31:40 pm »
Hi tosh thanks for asking some were good most realy bad.I need the money to go in each each week so could not wait for a couplre of months for people to get used to the idea so i gave up.In a way its not to bad i generaly get a lot of tips so there is the extra income and it is nice to see clients.
Alot more have paid in advance say six cleans etc so its not all doom and gloom.
I think it would have worked if i perserverd but i needed the cash.Thanks again Reah.

Re: payment by cheque
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2005, 06:42:11 pm »
Reah,

That was exactly the same as my experience, which is why I took a keen interest in your post; to see how it worked out for you.

I think you have to be in the position where you're earning a good bit more than your expediture and be able to take a 3 week, extremely restricted cash flow.  One or two weeks to get the cheques in and a week for them to clear.

I'm getting towards that position; and may do one collection a week - on a Friday and leave a note saying 'Couldn't catch you in - post a cheque to blah blah, etc'.  Rather than my present Friday evening, Saturday morning collection routine.

But I think the lads who operate a cheque system, who finds it work for them is the best; obviously.

It must be a matter of 'educating' your customers.  Could be a new thread in there somewhere.