Dave Willis

Re: So i have installed one.
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2018, 09:02:39 am »
You have to think .......... should you get a gas leak you only need a spark to create a bomb. Where’s that going to come from? Probably your leisure battery terminals, maybe your pump or controller or the boiler ignition. All the ingredients are there for a disaster. Which is why they aren’t all lumped together in any other applications like hot dog vans, caravans or motorhomes.

NWH

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2018, 10:01:50 am »
Funny how hot water becomes a must have this time of the year on here all the rest of the year from March through till November they are a waste of money lol,I believe the frost stay controller works with them sureclean in Ireland used to fit them calor approved apparently. I had one for a while but I was always worried about the story’s I’d heard,I saw 2 plumbers and they both said you must be mad.

Jonny 87

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2018, 11:45:19 am »
Just dropped my van off at grippatank.

Top guys!

They even organised a lift for me and the Mrs into Cambridge. Can’t fault them at all for their service and quality. Looking forward to having hot water through the winter now.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

NWH

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2018, 12:53:51 pm »
They can practise on yours today in preparation for doing mine this time next week lol,mine goes in next Wednesday.

Jonny 87

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2018, 01:42:25 pm »
They can practise on yours today in preparation for doing mine this time next week lol,mine goes in next Wednesday.

I hope not!

There far too professional to get something wrong now.  8)

Daz was the guinea pig.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

NWH

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2018, 02:53:23 pm »
Only joking had stuff done by them before they are the best

Missing Link

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2018, 03:18:01 pm »
Would one of these heaters do a two man system?  If so which would anyone recommend?
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

NWH

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2018, 04:57:38 pm »
You need the 9kw one they do

cleaniac

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2018, 05:34:51 pm »
if you have your heater mounted on the back door marc the flame will go out on windy days.....very annoying....mine used to be mounted just inside the back door and it would still go out sometimes

Hahahh. That happened to me twice today.

Looks like its going inside the van.

cleaniac

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2018, 05:44:39 pm »
Well i have to say, on trying it today i still cant see the difference in cleaning power with hot water vs cold. Well actually snail trails were much easier to clean off.. but thats it i think.

However, it was nice having hot water to work with this morning qt 8am at 4 degrees c, it certainly made it easier to handle the hoses.

One thing i did notice was how much heat is lost through the hose. Had a large house to do this afternoon which requires full extension of 100 meter hose, the boiler was running at 60 degrees c just to get warm water out at 20.

With the hose wound up, heat retention goes up like 70 percent. So i think i need to look at thicker hoses that won't loose the heat.

But like i said, i just want the heater so i cabln continue with water flow at minus temperatures. Not too bothered if its any better for cleaning with,  just minimizing winter down time.

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2018, 05:57:43 pm »
Well i have to say, on trying it today i still cant see the difference in cleaning power with hot water vs cold. Well actually snail trails were much easier to clean off.. but thats it i think.

However, it was nice having hot water to work with this morning qt 8am at 4 degrees c, it certainly made it easier to handle the hoses.

One thing i did notice was how much heat is lost through the hose. Had a large house to do this afternoon which requires full extension of 100 meter hose, the boiler was running at 60 degrees c just to get warm water out at 20.

With the hose wound up, heat retention goes up like 70 percent. So i think i need to look at thicker hoses that won't loose the heat.

But like i said, i just want the heater so i cabln continue with water flow at minus temperatures. Not too bothered if its any better for cleaning with,  just minimizing winter down time.

any hose will lose a lot of heat when 100m is off the reel......you dont want the water too hot on cold days anyway.....the real cleaning difference is seen during the warmer month when the temp at brush end is 55c-60c......in winter its just nice to have warm supple hoses,steam on the glass and quicker drying times...... ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2018, 06:01:45 pm »
im still getting 40c -50c at brush end with not much hose off the reel!around 25c-30c with 100m out on freezing ground.......

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2018, 06:28:37 pm »
Would one of these heaters do a two man system?  If so which would anyone recommend?

if your on about the cheap gas heaters then i think youll need two.......i wouldnt bother....get an immersion fitted or if you really want to splash out and get the best then a grippatank hydroheat 9kw 2 man system......you wont regret it.....its ace......

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2018, 06:34:01 pm »

Top guys!

They even organised a lift for me and the Mrs into Cambridge. Can’t fault them at all for their service and quality. Looking forward to having hot water through the winter now.

cambridge is lovely.....spoiled for choice for eating out! :)

good luck with the new system jonny.....remember the 10 min test!(boiler working with ENGINE OFF!!) ;D ;D ;D before you drive home......... ;)

Jonny 87

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2018, 06:38:41 pm »

Top guys!

cambridge is lovely.....spoiled for choice for eating out! :)

good luck with the new system jonny.....remember the 10 min test!(boiler working with ENGINE OFF!!) ;D ;D ;D before you drive home......... ;)

Cheers daz.  8)

NWH

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2018, 07:30:32 pm »
I honestly don’t know why your losing so much heat Daz.

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2018, 07:57:58 pm »
I honestly don’t know why your losing so much heat Daz.

only with 100m of hose out on very cold ground(i use the 6mm red pure freedom hose).........