nathankaye

Video (warning given!) Gardiner spray bar
« on: October 24, 2018, 12:14:23 pm »
So the warning was given, so if your ready to watch a little waffle and a review of the Gardiner spray bar then this is from my channel.

https://youtu.be/H3WcGJbzl2w
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

Re: Video (warning given!) Gardiner spray bar
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 12:38:29 pm »
Good video Nathan I might give 1 a go I do find it an issue like you say with the 2 jets not covering enough of the glass especially on narrow windows,although I think I’d like it on all types of windows.

Dry Clean

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 01:51:31 pm »

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 03:01:17 pm »
Wow,
You really are an antagonist old fart aren't you. If it ain't broken don't fix it type of guy. You may have tried this n that and gone back to your normal 2 jetted brush thinking it's the bees knees because, yes it works and therefore anyone who attains to want more is told they are buying snake oil as it were.   Now for you that's fine, you like to work steady and  that's OK but to shoot others down is getting tiring now Sean.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Simon Trapani

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 03:11:54 pm »
Looks good Nathan. Probably a few too many jets imo. And I’d be worried I’d have to go home to refill the tank.

nathankaye

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 03:27:13 pm »
Looks good Nathan. Probably a few too many jets imo. And I’d be worried I’d have to go home to refill the tank.

There's always the option to block off every other cannon.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 04:10:12 pm »
Where’s the video of your hot water test with your 2kw element?

jonny thompson

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 04:13:55 pm »
The xline rinse bar which has less holes and is in the middle of the brush is best thing of used in 8 years of wfp

nathankaye

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 04:46:34 pm »
Where’s the video of your hot water test with your 2kw element?

That thread has been locked now. But yes I am ablt to get into the 60 degrees and I'm happy with those results.  I don't feel the need to post further on the subject.  Ones can do their own experiments to get hot water or work out the reality of how long they choose to have their elements on for.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 05:07:27 pm »
You get as good coverage as that with 2 fan jets

What about cleaning the top of the frame esp. deep set windows won’t the bar hit the brickwork in the reveal Or worse spray over the brickwork as you clean ?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2018, 05:27:46 pm »
Wow,
You really are an antagonist old fart aren't you. If it ain't broken don't fix it type of guy. You may have tried this n that and gone back to your normal 2 jetted brush thinking it's the bees knees because, yes it works and therefore anyone who attains to want more is told they are buying snake oil as it were.   Now for you that's fine, you like to work steady and  that's OK but to shoot others down is getting tiring now Sean.

Exactly if something isnt broken then there is no need to fix it, its not hard. (roll eyes)

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2018, 05:27:55 pm »

What about cleaning the top of the frame esp. deep set windows won’t the bar hit the brickwork in the reveal Or worse spray over the brickwork as you clean ?

Darran

I've not used fan jets so I can not honestly give my opinion, but I would ask if the fans give more of a misting for that coverage rather than a heavy downpour. Especially if every other cannon was blocked off.
As far as brick work etc is concerned, the answer is no. I've been using a spray bar for some time now and I like it to hit just above the bristles and the edge of this bar sits near the edge of the brush. Even before using a spray bar, I've never caught brick work or the likes with the brush and especially not the top edge ofthe brush. So why would you catch the bar that sits on the edge.
There may be a day when I do, but for some time using spray bars I've yet to do so.
The spray is also strong enough to rinse whilst your cleaning the top frames etc as well
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2018, 05:35:21 pm »

Darran

Exactly, example, if your flow is 2 litres per minute then you will get two litres per minute across the glass should you use two jets or ten.

Re: Video (warning given!) Gardiner spray bar New
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2018, 06:31:01 pm »
Thanks for the informative review.
 You've saved me £30!  ;)

zesty

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2018, 06:38:12 pm »
I’ve never understood the benefits of fan jets and rinse bars.

I tried fan jets and found the weight of the water wasn’t anywhere near as heavy in rinsing bits down the glass.

In other words, I’ve always found two nice big fat 3mm pencil jets makes rinsing much quicker than fan jets. I’ve not tried a rinse bar but I’m guessing I’d get the same results, a slower rinse.

I find the dirt and debris falls down the glass much quicker with two 3mm pencil jets. Fan jets just didn’t cut it for me, water wasn’t ‘heavy’ enough to rinse the bits off the glass as quick. I use full flow rate before any one asks.

Still, good to see a video of it Nathan.

tlwcs

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2018, 06:50:16 pm »
I found mine was too long to fit on a supreme brush because it overhung the stock. Fitted better on a extreme but because I use 100 mty of pole hose, I struggled with the flow. It ain’t for me.

Smudger

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2018, 06:50:29 pm »
no you get a good strong water flow tat extends out about 4 inches from the bristles before turning into a mist

Fan jets are not for everyone - but a while back there were lots of bad designs on the market that didn't really fan that well - after a couple of attempts Alex finally got it somewhere near correct with his 110 deg. fans ( the black ones ) - the older red or white ones he produced were not good enough

fair point if you can get to the top of the frame without the bar hitting the underside of the reveal but for 30 quid I think its a bit overpriced but might be worth getting one to trial for the lads

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2018, 07:38:15 pm »
Smudger , far be it from me to tell granny how to suck eggs , but if you want anything to trial dont give it to     "the lads" they will kill it in 5 mins or less  ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2018, 07:47:31 pm »
Smudger , far be it from me to tell granny how to suck eggs , but if you want anything to trial dont give it to     "the lads" they will kill it in 5 mins or less  ;D ;D ;D

absolutely!!! - as fan jets last pretty much indefinitely, so should the spray bar, if not then its not an item for staff to play with  ;D

windowswashed

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2018, 07:51:58 pm »
Keep an open mind regarding spray bars, you may be surprised how quick you can get through your work compared to using jet nozzles in your brush.  I've increased my efficiency by at least thirty percent on most types of property except new builds as the windows are so small it barely makes much difference.