trimanyellow

brushes
« on: May 17, 2006, 11:06:20 pm »
Hi

I use a 10 inch vikran brush on my wfp system. Can you get stiffer brushes for scrubbing conservatory roofs etc ?
If so where . many thanks

H h20

Re: brushes
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 11:16:06 pm »
Hi

I use a 10 inch vikran brush on my wfp system. Can you get stiffer brushes for scrubbing conservatory roofs etc ?
If so where . many thanks
Hi have a look here http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=18865.0
i can email you prices of all my brushes ,Gaz
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=19805.0

trimanyellow

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 11:26:42 pm »
HOW MUCH ARE YOUR BRUSHES?? COULD DO WITH ONE OF THOSES RED TUFF BRUSHES

H h20

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 11:35:52 pm »
HOW MUCH ARE YOUR BRUSHES?? COULD DO WITH ONE OF THOSES RED TUFF BRUSHES
Email sent,Gaz  ;)

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 05:25:06 pm »
gaz you couldnt send me a price for the red brush.

H h20

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 05:33:41 pm »
gaz you couldnt send me a price for the red brush.
Email sent,Gaz  ;)

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 06:46:23 pm »
If you have an old brush simply trim the bristles with a scissors and depending how much you trim off you could get something that will strip paint.

master cleaner

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 08:53:59 pm »
ive been using the tuff brush for 2 weeks now and i am using it to clean windows, it is a bit heavier than normal but i dont have a problem with bird muck anymore , also it is doing a great job on the windows , i dont use my vikans anymore and i like vikans until i get some baked on poo

gary

Londoner

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 09:28:37 am »
Conservatory roofs usually have green algae growing on them and this needs detergent to shift it properly. By the time a customer has got round to thinking that the roof could do with a clean its usually pretty bad.
Halfords do a range of brushes for cleaning caravans etc in conjunction with a pressure washer.
They are more than good enough for a conservatory roof and avoid the risk of contaminating your best brush.Also, its a waste using pure water, tap water is good enough because the roof is usually semi opaque anyway so smears won't show.

DASERVICES

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2006, 10:58:22 am »

I use this brush from Focus, then rinse  off with garden hose or WFP.

http://www.focusdiy.co.uk/invt/20573

marc al

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2006, 03:38:57 pm »
   I have for over a month now been using an Adis brush on my short pole, this is a brush that is used to go on a broom (not the wooden block type though!!), I drilled it and put in jets just as a trial, I have just fitted one onto my new pole in place of a Vikan brush and will start using it on upstairs work on Monday.
   It fits straight onto your normal angle crank adapter and works a treat - all for the princely sum of 3-25 - it may look a bit short of bristles BUT it is extremely light and seems to shift bird muck easily.
   You can buy them in either stiff or soft (I use soft), I used it on a conservatory roof last week as a trial and it worked very well with the bonus of it doesn't trap any dirt either.

Marc