carl stanton

gg3 or gg4 ???
« on: April 27, 2006, 10:29:39 pm »
i have always used fairy and found it spot on but some on here think that gg is good! so was thinking of trying it, but is it really worth the extra in pay out for it fairy about £1.69 ltr gg around the £7 ltr  :o   so is it really worth it!  :-\
   carl

chris@c.m.s

Re: gg3 or gg4 ???
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 10:51:31 pm »
I've tried gg3 and squeege off and combinations of other things but I've gone back to good old fairy, gg3 had no slip unless you use lots more than the bottle says, squeege off has great slip but can make tracks across the glass from the sides, I have also found that dog earing works better with fairy too, just my findings though I bet many will disagree. so in a word no but do try to use pure water for traditional.       
Sussex by the sea

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 10:55:04 pm »
so is it really worth it!  :-\
   carl

OMG Yes gotta get some

carl stanton

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 10:58:39 pm »
i know what you mean on the pure water, i have a drinking water whole house filter and i noticed a diffrence even with that,
so chris do you use gg

brett walker

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 11:14:13 pm »
I use gg3 in pure water i  put a bit extra in to give it the slip but find i need to do very little detailing

one point i would like to raise, one selling point for wfp's is that the windows stay cleaner longer with pure water as theres nothing in the water for the dirt in the air to stick to.

so if a wfp guy does upstairs with pure water and downstairs with fairy liquid the downstairs windows will get dirty before the upstairs.  Will the customer work this out ?

This is why i use pure water and gg3 on trad, im not knocking fairy liquid as i have used it for years it is much cheaper than gg3/gg4 and ive never had any probs

just something to think about

Brett

mattstanley

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 11:19:02 pm »
Always used to use Fairy.  Then tried GG4 and got on really well - had to use a lot more than recommended on the bottle though.  However, now use a cap of GG4 and a cap of Squeegee Off in 2 gallons of water - consistant results - excellent slip on the glass and just a few suds.

On this usage a bottle of GG4 and a bottle of Squeegee Off will last well over a year.  This may work out slightly more than Fairy, but I find Fairy a lot less pleasant to work with - chapped hands, mega foam in the washing machine at night etc etc.

It's a personal thing, but that is one of the fun things about our job - try different things to see what works for you and you may just come across something that revolutionises your way of working!

carl stanton

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 11:19:23 pm »
if windows stay cleaner for lonbger then there is less need for us to clean them  :-\    so less work  :'( hmmm   ;D

carl stanton

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 11:23:27 pm »

On this usage a bottle of GG4 and a bottle of Squeegee Off will last well over a year.  This may work out slightly more than Fairy, but I find Fairy a lot less pleasant to work with - chapped hands, mega foam in the washing machine at night etc etc.!
if it last that long you dont even need to bother working out what it cost each day/ week!!  :P i think i will try it any way
had a sample of unger gel C$%p

brett walker

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 11:27:04 pm »
if windows stay cleaner for lonbger then there is less need for us to clean them  :-\    so less work  :'( hmmm   ;D

Dont tell the customer that, :-X just makes it easier for you to clean them the next time round  8)

Brett

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 11:30:23 pm »
Brett each to their own preferences but I still dont see the logic in telling a customer the windows stay cleaner longer even if they do  ???
Sussex by the sea

pjulk

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 11:32:25 pm »
I have use GG4 then GG3 with pure water and it is good.
But for me i like to see some suds and there's not really enough in GG3/4 for my liking.

I now use squeegie off and think its excellent.

I have also used unger liquid which i still have a few ltrs left it has a nice smell but not enough suds.

But i don't think you can beat fairy but because i use a WFP and sometimes WFP downstairs i don't use fairy because it may cause me problems if i WFP the window at another time.

But i was completely traditional again i would use fairy.

Paul

brett walker

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 11:42:31 pm »
Brett each to their own preferences but I still dont see the logic in telling a customer the windows stay cleaner longer even if they do  ???

Hi Chris,

it has been mentioned many times on the forum that the windows stay cleaner longer which is a good selling point, i only tell the customer this when trying to convince them to change over to wfp. Yes but you have got to be careful because if they think they are going to stay cleaner longer they wont want them doing.  I always state to them their windows get cleaned once a month.

Brett

carl stanton

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 11:47:30 pm »
i think that people get used to a standard of clean windows if they are used to sparkeling windows they expect it all the time! if you know what i mean.  i.e they get to like not so dirty windows!

am  i making sense  :-\

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 11:55:45 pm »
No Carl lol the customer should expect nothing less than clean windows either way. ok I'm not wfp yet but but I have the pole & backpack and have experimented with Ro water on my own house and I must say even with slight tds the windows do come up cleaner.     
Sussex by the sea

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 12:01:12 am »
Brett it begs the question should the homeowner have the option anyway? We dont as I see it if you have wfp you need a good reason for not useing it.
Sussex by the sea

carl stanton

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2006, 12:05:20 am »
 :'(

:-X

gsw

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2006, 08:33:00 am »
does squeegee off cause problems with wfp? like fairy would....i was using gg4 but my hands cant take any more so have now gone back to fairy!

Morph

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2006, 09:44:32 am »
Since going wfp I hardly ever do a trad job.
But of course I still have to on the insides.  I now use a mixture of pure water, a capfull of gg4 and I still use fairy, but about a third the amount I used to put in the bucket.  The windows come up really clear.

Newby

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2006, 09:52:04 am »
I am new here and have to say great forum  8) we did use washup lig for years, but have tryed others and the one that stands as the best to me is Squeege Off great stuff  ;) ps my first post  ;D