ronaldo

Contaminated Brush !
« on: April 26, 2006, 11:16:33 pm »
Got to a clients today started to get stuff out and the lady came out and said can i cancel please.
I asked why and she said because the new system was"nt working out ie the wfp.
I asked what was wrong and she said that some of the windows were smeary!
Smeary i thought thats a new one on me, so i said to her can i clean them one more time for NOTHING to see if i could get them right.
So of i went and started to clean and i looked at each window as i went round and they all looked fine and i told her this and she said its when i"m sat inside and the sun is out that i can see the smears.
Anyway i finished and went and done a few more and then came back and she said they were perfect now and she"d be happy for me to keep cleaning them.
I thought about this and the last time i cleaned them i had done a front fascia on the house before, is it possible i could have picked something up and contaminated the brush??? or do you think she was pulling a fast one????????????
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

craig jwc

Re: Contaminated Brush !
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 11:20:57 pm »
I have found this usually on 1st cleans.

I just put it down to residue left by detergent used before wfp.

I had a woman the other week complain about smears on her kitchen window.
Turns out she had wipe it with washing up liquid to get get some bird muck off.

Craig

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 11:23:47 pm »
most folk keep a couple of brushes for dfferent uses, i use the same brush for windows and use another for gutters ect, helps stop contamination

macc

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 11:46:15 pm »
most folk keep a couple of brushes for dfferent uses, i use the same brush for windows and use another for gutters ect, helps stop contamination

same here, i heave seperate brushes for windows & gutters etc, for the price of a seperate set well worth it.

macc

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 11:47:57 pm »
Did you use detergents to clean the facias????? WFP dont leave smears soap does.......or it could have been that you cleaned them so good that all the smears have shown up on the inside.

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 11:52:18 pm »
Contamination , i got caught out with it big time this morning , luckily i was up early and noticed it before i got on the road , the last job yesterday was a first clean , i remember thinking whilst doing it that my brush was really dragging over the seals , it was like they were really greasy , but i didnt bother to look at the brush when finished , it was like a thick tar substance , gave it a good soap up with fairy and a rinse in pure , came up like new , VIKAN flocked , a real dirt grabber .
 Todays work was spot on , wash your brushes , it makes a big difference .

I hate to think what yesterdays job dried out like , maybe i will pop around tommorrow and ask .

Rich   P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

ronaldo

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 11:57:42 pm »
Did you use detergents to clean the facias????? WFP dont leave smears soap does.......or it could have been that you cleaned them so good that all the smears have shown up on the inside.

No never used any detergents just water, this is why i couldnt understand it when she said they wrer smeared :-\

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 04:18:04 pm »
Ronaldo

Do you use a vikan or monofilament brush head.

You will have far less problems with the latter.

Dave

ronaldo

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 05:04:51 pm »
Hello Dave, its a vikan!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 05:15:09 pm »
The trouble with vikan is that they are a focked brush and they hold huge amounts of dirt,

A monofiliment brush does not hold dirt

Try one  you wont be dissapointed

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 05:18:37 pm »
What's a monofilament brush look like?? ???

The trouble with vikan is that they are a focked brush and they hold huge amounts of dirt,

H h20

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 06:06:32 pm »
What's a monofilament brush look like?? ???

A monofilament brush has bristles that aren`t split ended, the vikans are split ended and can be more prone for holding dirt ,the brushes i supply are monofilament,i have many to choose from,Gaz

macc

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 11:48:17 pm »
Gaza, would a monofiliment brush fit on a tucker pole & in your opinion would it clean as good as a tucker brush, better or stick with the tucker. cheers. macc.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2006, 03:07:51 pm »
I think tucker brushes are monofilament ?

macc

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2006, 07:35:59 pm »
oh, to be honest only been wfp 6 months,  ???, still learning 8)

gaza

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2006, 08:28:32 pm »
mac STICK WITH  TUCKER THERE AS GOOD AS  YOU CAN GET,CLOSE SECOND IS IONICS  [ MY OPION ONLY] THROUGH 4/5 YEAR EXPERIENCE USING TUCKER ,AND NOW IONNICS AS WELL

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2006, 09:21:59 pm »
I have used a common 28cm monofilament floor brush since I started price about £4 and have seen/tried some of the others. Its all about agitation.

macc

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2006, 08:09:23 pm »
thanks GAZA, i apprriciate your honesty mate, im always up for trying some thing out if its easier or better, what a gent, macc.  ;D

H h20

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2006, 07:34:20 pm »
thanks GAZA, i apprriciate your honesty mate, im always up for trying some thing out if its easier or better, what a gent, macc.  ;D
Hi Macc,were you asking gaza or Gaz Hh20,as it is Gaz Hh20 that sells the brushes,cheers,Gaz

macc

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2006, 12:10:49 am »
Gaz Hh20. ive got to work this out,  ???

macc