kenstar

coventry work or round for sale
« on: April 26, 2006, 11:01:19 pm »
hi , anybody got any w/c work in cov they need help with as i am looking for work or anyone selling a round here that would accept payment via 50% of daily takings as i cant raise any finance , at the moment i am doing a crappy night cleaning job at £5.30 an hour and want out of that rut , i am more than willing to work hard for a fair wage

regards

ken in cov

macc

Re: coventry work or round for sale
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 11:14:48 pm »
KEN,  at 5.30 an hour you could go canvasing & pick your own up. give it a go mate, you will earn more than that, during the week dont bother before 4, sats not bad, but sundays are good. good luck mate, its hard in the beginning, but nows the time to start, spring, lighter evenings, go for it mate, put the effert in now & you wont get out of bed for £5.30 hr in 6 months time. TRUST ME.  ;D

macc

kenstar

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 11:18:37 pm »
cheers mac , i wander about at night pushing my trusty cleaning machine thinking that very same thing ! 

macc

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 12:06:42 am »
let us no how you get on, dont sell yourself short mate, if you believe in yourself the customer will believe in you. GO FOR IT, it is there, you have to just take it like us lot do, nights are for sleeping, making big money or going out having fun.  ;D

macc

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 12:13:10 am »
KEN, read the post SOUTHERN SOFTY, all the way through, RICH has posted what your thoughts are now & what were his. you can tooooo. macc.  ;D

kenstar

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 04:34:30 am »
cheers mac i have made some contacts got some gear and a couple of intrested customers local so its a start cheers

ken

macc

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 11:36:11 pm »
nice one Ken, its where we all started, good luck mate.  ;D

kenstar

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 06:09:16 am »
hi mac thanks for your recent posts and help they are all appeeciated , i went knockin last nite and found a few that another w/c has started doing and he is only charging 3.50 p for a 3 bed up and down allround as i dont want anyones work anyway i walked away but surely this person is driving prices right down as i would of thought at coventry prices you might get 5 or 6 quid and he only cleans when he feels like it apparently , do you encounter w/c/ grossly undercharging and what the hell do they get out of it ?

regards

ken

macc

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 10:19:45 am »
hi ken, i come accross this now & again, hes proberly on bennifits from what you say, too cheap & not regular, all the signs, i would still canvass if thats where you want work, stick to your price mate, you only need to get a few.

after a couple of months the neighbours will see you turn up regular & do a good job thats when you pick more up. every couple of months if not more often canvass again, you need to get your face known, i always nod or say hi cause i wont them on my books.

my best rounds started like that, in the begining they were crap, now there earners,canvass them regular, customers like a face they know, regular good job done, trust worthy, they will pay the extra for that, not all of them, but the majority.

any thing else mate just ask, we all started out once, i dont no it all but there is plenty of help on this forum, i will always help if i can.

macc.  ;D

Mike George

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 07:55:24 am »
Hi Ken

I'm just up the road from you in Hinckley and I'm building my own round up from flyers and recommendations.

I get the £3 mechants around here too, but macc is right - just carry on quoting sensible prices and you'll get the work if you're good and reliable.

I have lost a couple of customers after I've done a couple of cleans on really grubby windows, and I have a feeling they've defected to someone cheaper. Makes me cross but there's not much you can do about it.
Don't recognise people?
Mike's face blindness blog