Sarah Sarill

60ft Pole advice
« on: April 26, 2006, 04:00:26 pm »
As its a BIG investment I am hoping you guys and girls  will kindly give your opinions on which brand gives the best results for this height.

Thanks in anticipation,

Sarah

Sarah

poles apart

Re: 60ft Pole advice
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 05:06:09 pm »
DON'T DO IT!!

poles apart

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 05:09:59 pm »
I used the ionic 60ft pole (not the ergolite) and found it quite difficult. It's a two man job to get it aloft and a pain to use - literally. I'm thinking of going for an Ergolite as they are obviously much lighter and shorter sections. The old was very difficult to adjust once it was up so I've cut it down to 48ft! :D
Rod

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 05:46:04 pm »
Hiya Rod,

Have you tried the ergolite then ?

Have to get one for a 2 day job which has a lot of 50-60ft heights so going for the easiest is my best option.

The one you tried by Ionics was not a fibreglas then ?

Sarah

Sarah

poles apart

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 05:56:13 pm »
I haven't tried the ergolite yet but looking at the spec it's a lot lighter. The one I've got is a carbon fibre 60ft or was! You're welcome to use the 48 footer if you want :)
Rod

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 06:01:08 pm »
Thanks for your offer Rod - your a gent but the job needs the 60ft to complete. 

In your opinion would an operator be able to sustain a full days work at this height ? 

Sarah

Sarah

poles apart

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 06:01:56 pm »
NO!

poles apart

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 06:02:44 pm »
How many floors is it! Are you sure you need 60FT?

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 06:11:23 pm »
6 floors high in some areas.  we tested it with our 35ft pole and it was at least another half again.

The job which I am currently working costs out for, is a weeks work, outside and inside with the majority of work at manageable levels of approx 15-35ft.  However there are two outbuildings which have 6  floors   (commercial not residential).

Could be a nice earner but will have to build in the additional costs for this 60ft pole and it may not come off because of that.

It is a shame there is not a manufacturer who runs a hire operation for this type of item - my problem would then be sorted.  :D

Dont really want to think about subbing it out as it could lead to more work within this sector locally so am clutching at straws to find a cheapish resolution ,although what a price on these length poles eh !!!  :P

Sarah

Sarah

Seers

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 07:13:49 pm »
Hi Sarah,

We're based in Cardiff and have a 60ft pole sat in my back garden for last six months! Only used it twice in last three years, it's an ionic carbon fibre I think. From memory, you're based in newport?

If so your welcome to use it. As mentioned before, it takes a bit of getting used to! I wouldn't want to work with one all day.

Cheers ,

Huw.

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 07:38:04 pm »
Thank you too Huw.

Two offers of help and both from Welshmen  ;)

You have

Sarah

daniel b

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2006, 08:27:09 pm »
Hi Sarah
You would be more than welcome to borrow mine but its its a little far for you to come and get it,its a Brodex 65ft, we use it 5 or 6 times a month and its defo a 2 man job,to be honest for 1st cleans it not to great as you cant get much pressure on the window bein so high up and also its a nightmare to move its bendy as hell at the top,but after a while like anythin you get used to it so its not too bad for us at the mo we do ok never get any complaints, this is with 2 men workin all day takin it in turns etc.
Ive never had a go of an ergo light  it will be lighter but i would think a lot more bendy at the top which is a main problem.

Good luck
Dan
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

sair

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006, 08:44:35 pm »
hi sarah
we use carbon fibre universal , i make sell systems and sell poles .

as much as it pains me to say the ergo light just due to the price ,is the way forward at that height.
i borrowed a ergo light for the day just so i could comment and give advice , where it it took me 3 hours with standard carbon fibre 2 men swapping the ergo light managed by myself and it took 1 hour , i wont buy one on principle but i would recomend the face lift ergo light .as danniel is a fine manand  the price comparrison is the same ,and as a company they use the poles themselves ,
i think you still have to be careful and thought ful when using it is not as robust as the universal but its lighter and at thet height if you cant pay for it after three months of budgeting then put up prices allways wack it on intrest free and usev job to pay for it 
Essentially Pure Ltd

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2006, 09:25:04 pm »
I have a 60ft ergolite 15months old, for sale but dont know what the going rate for second hand is. What would be a fair price ?

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006, 11:52:39 pm »
Im a little far away but have Tucker 80foot

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 07:11:05 am »
Thanks Daniel and Easyclean whilst I would love a nice Jolly you are both a bit too far  ;)

Have been offered the loan of one not too far away for this job.

I have quoted for maintenance cleans so will contact you Jeff if that part comes off.  :D

Sarah

Sarah