dai

Would you take them back?
« on: April 25, 2006, 07:58:39 pm »
I have lost about 7 or 8 customers since going over to WFP last August.
Now as others have said before, it's uncanny that most of the ones you lose are ones that you were not bothered about anyway.
Last month a customer cancelled and I was sorry to lose her. We had been on first name terms for years and she was a great payer.
 She wasn't happy with WFP, the excuse being that I had left a sill dirty. she had taken on a couple of new guys with ladders. Today she came to me and asked if I would do her windows again, choking on humble pie, she said " the other guys were absolute rubbish". I am not usually renowned for speed of thought but I said "yes of course I will" My thinking being that I would rather have her as a paying customer, telling all the neighbors what a load of rubbish the other guys were. I have six working days on this one estate. I do at least 75% of the houses on it.
Have any of you guys had customers that have dumped you because of WFP then came and asked you to carry on? Dai

Michael D

Re: Would you take them back?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 08:21:17 pm »
Hi,
       I had one who said they were unhappy with the finish, when i first started using wfp, so they said not to come back. 3 months down the rd i was asked if i could do them again. i said i had filled there slot in the round, but would try and fit them in. I phoned them a week later and said a customer had moved but i would have to charge them £5

more, £15 in total for 20 minates work.  ;)
                                                                      Michael D

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 08:27:25 pm »
Hi Dai

All things considered I think you have done the right thing for your business.

The good PR you should get from this will help. There is NO WAY this woman will go around rubbishing WFP now.  She sounds genuine to me. You aren't eating humble pie either so its a win win one for you mate.

Cheers

Andrew

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 08:47:29 pm »
Right thing Dai,  ;)

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 09:06:41 pm »
Thinking along the lines of andrews post ie PR I had a couple of customers cancel by email which seems to be easier than face to face, but what i was thinking was of some kind of responce email asking for their input as to quality of work , level of service , general manner of cleaner, or any other comments. Does any one else do anything similar

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 09:43:24 pm »
I wouldn't bother as they probably won't tell you the truth anyway.

Paul

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 09:48:03 pm »
well some cant say it to your face , so maybe they can bring themselves to reply to an email or return a questionare