DavidX

W F P
« on: April 24, 2006, 09:41:12 pm »
Hiya. Can you guys give me an clue how much a w f p cost? I read on this website a few time that some make their own but I would like to buy one as I now had enough of going up the ladder and also would like to do taller building and all sort of building in different hight with a 60 ft pole. Hope you can help me out thank.

Re: W F P
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 10:55:45 pm »
its a bit like asking how long is a piece of string is you can make it as cheap as £500 or you spend a lot more it individual to your needs i personally spent around  £2000 mark plus a van.

DavidX

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 11:04:21 pm »
So was it worth spending £2000? I got the cash to get what I need. But I don't want to over spend if i don't need too.

kingfisher

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 11:32:53 pm »
There are so many systems out there that you need to give some serious thought as to what you want.
You could spend a lot of money and end up with some thing more than you need, or less!

You could have a van mount system a trolley system or a trailer system a hitch tank (attaches to a tow bar) or a back-pack.

Then you will need to know how hard your water is to determine whether you need an R/O filter or if you could get away with just a deioniser.

Ask your self a lot of questions this forum is a good place to find some of the answers before you part with any cash.

Good luck Kev

Morph

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 11:34:51 pm »
If you have work requiring 60foot pole, you have serious costs to consider.  No point asking vague questions.
Do some thorough searches on back topics here, gen up, read it all, get working with someone, then do some cost comparisons on what you need.  You can get all supplier contacts on here.

matt

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 11:44:47 pm »
So was it worth spending £2000? I got the cash to get what I need. But I don't want to over spend if i don't need too.

dont over spend

you can build a nice little system for 500 quid

http://d.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 07:34:05 am »

hi it really depends what type of work you are doing? but i would give serious consideration to what pole you buy. I bought a glass fibre pole which was fine at first though they do wear out quite quickly so be carefull what you buy! also if you live in a hard water area you will need an ro unit these can be quite expensive to buy but if you are in soft water it will be cheaper to buy and run this type of system but in answer to you question yes it was worth the money even though it cost a bit more than i planned to.

DavidX

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 08:32:03 am »
cheers guys. I will do some research

sair

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 04:05:40 pm »
hi we do a 40 x 40 compact sytem for 2500 plus vat with a multipole speed lined and fitted if you would like photos email me and ill send over photos purewatersales@tiscali.co.uk 

regards tony 07944 227635
Essentially Pure Ltd

mark dew

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 04:23:34 pm »
I have a van mount and freedom trolley. They cost me over £2000 but i have spent another £500 on bits and bobs.

If you can afford it i would recommend both.
I begrudge pulling the trolley out of the van and extend the hose whenever i can.
But i have a couple of days where i have to park on road and i don't trust people not to fall over a bit of yellow microbore hose.
This is where the trolley comes into its own. I use it mostly as a van mount because it has a varistream but is handy to unhook and wheel away in built up areas.
If you do go the trolley route it is better (if you don't want a 5 minute break every 25litres) to get a submersible pump for your van tank.

craig jwc

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 11:55:04 pm »
I have the same as Mark Dew.
I have the tank in the van & carry about 5 containers for the trolley if i take it out off the van tank.
If you do run out of water in the containers just fill them up from the tank using the trolley.

I have a Freedom Trolley, Backpack, 250l Van tank, 1 x 18foot pole, 1 x 30foot pole, 50gpd RO, Water Butt, Hose & Connectors, Resin vessel for the van &containers for under £2000

Craig

DavidX

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2006, 09:57:51 am »
guys I know what I am about to ask you might seem like a silly question but if I get a trolley only whatever you call them? can you use a 30f and 60 f pole

craig jwc

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006, 07:16:20 pm »
David

I have the Freedom Trolley from Andy McCann. It is fitted with a Shurflo 100psi pump & Varistream controller.

I use my 30foot pole with no problem. You shouldn't have a problem with a 60foot pole either.

Craig

DavidX

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2006, 08:03:12 pm »
Hi Craig I just email to Andrew McCann about the freedom trolley wfp at noon today and he been very helpful. I will definitely speak to him more about it soon.
Cheers

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006, 08:45:10 pm »
I've got several ways of doing wfp - a trolley with 4 x 25 litre barrels - a tank with 125 litres of water - a backpack and a 30m hose - and trad stuff too. All crammed into my ole honda estate.

On domestic I use trolley/backpack hose - on commercial its mainly hose but can also use trolley or bacpack to get small outbuildings of schools or factories.

If I had to choose one only for my mainly domestic (80%) round? Trolley!

But I use all three methods plus trad around entrance ways.

Everything cost less than £2000.
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 08:51:41 pm »
Hi Malc

I have one van set-up with a tank in it. I use this for the big stuff.. mainly commercial. I always use the trolley for domestic though. I use the Freedom trolley left folded down in the back of the van to power the tank when needed. I had this built into it from the beginning so that if you expand you can have the best of both worlds without having to buy another pump/varistream etc.

Cheers

Andrew