vivaro 013

water fed pole systems
« on: April 24, 2006, 06:31:19 pm »
what type of prices would i be looking at having a wfp systems fitted into my vauxhall vivaro van . i would a systems which hold about 400 ltrs of water and can be filtered directly from van . or other option is to build my own systems which i be looking at , it look like im in a hard water area .

any help tyou

matt

Re: water fed pole systems
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 07:24:46 pm »
http://d.co.uk

build your own

you will be able to build a van mount for 500 - 600 quid

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 07:38:48 pm »
There are a few options available but all your answers will be answered if you ring one of us manufactures up,

would like to say more but not really allowed,

as for build your own why not ! why so !

its up to you but its like anything you pay for what you get inc diy it!!

rgds
stu
www.skypolesystems.com

matt

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 11:52:49 pm »

its up to you but its like anything you pay for what you get inc diy it!!

www.skypolesystems.com

this statement really bothers me, and it used by MOST of the "system makers", infact i was speaking to a WC'er last week, he had spoken to a well known WFP system maker who said " you get what you pay for and a cheap system will not clean windows aswell, a DIY system is very poor and doesnt do the job"

lets look at it

same RO system ( though DIY you can buy smaller, so only buy what you really need ) -- thus same "pure water"

Same pump (flojet or shurflo)

Same Brush ( either Vikan or salmon)

Pole  -- nothing wrong with a Unger, hard wearing and last for years

hosepipe and fittings  -- nothing different

Now you either have a sack truck / cart    OR   a tank in a van

see i have nothing to sell, so i dont need to push "this or that", though i dont like to see people make statements that are "not really true"

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 06:39:24 pm »
matt,

you pay for what you get including diy systems

you dont buy a metro and expect it to drive and handle the same way as a corvett !!!!

but why not after all they have both got 4 wheels, an engine, steering wheel etc

get my point

the fact of the question was what to go for i put in an input like you and your input is also correct so just becuase you built your own system dose not mean that every one should,

and by the way its easy to copy others

enjoy your day

rgds
stu
www.skypolesystems.com

Londoner

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 06:51:37 pm »
I built my own and its working fine now but the learning curve is a bit steep at the beginning and there are a lot of fiddly little problems to sort out. Its not hard but buying something like the freedom trolly off the shelf can save a lot of head scratching. Then you have a phone number to call when you need help.

Saying that I would like to point out that ALL my problems were sorted out by members of this forum and their generous help and advise.

When all else fails try reading the instructions!

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 06:56:07 pm »
would like to say more but not really allowed,

stu
www.skypolesystems.com

Stu,

Why not say more?  Mike Boxhall's policy is that other window cleaning suppliers can advertise here, on a common-sense basis, as long as they positively contribute to the forum (I think).

I'd like to hear your views.

To be frank, I'm a 'lower end' window cleaner who uses a Shurflo backpack, which I think is great.

For my type of round, there's nothing that can beat it.

My whole set up cost around £500 (although I spent around £300 extra on stuff I didn't need).

Had I got a loan, spent £7000 plus, I doubt I could earn much more than I'm earning now with my type of work.

I'm in the process of up-grading my round (this may take some years), so may get a bigger set-up in the future, but I promise you that the windows I clean with my basic set-up are clean.

As long as our water is pure(ish), then the rest is down to the user; not the equipment; to a certain extent.

matt

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 08:11:27 pm »
matt,

you dont buy a metro and expect it to drive and handle the same way as a corvett !!!!

but why not after all they have both got 4 wheels, an engine, steering wheel etc

www.skypolesystems.com

say you want a porsche 356 , you can either go and buy it ready made OR go and buy the kit form

both result in a porsche 356

the fact of the question was what to go for i put in an input like you and your input is also correct so just becuase you built your own system dose not mean that every one should,

i agree, just giving the bloke a option without a sales pitch

and by the way its easy to copy others

copy others   ??? ??? i only know of TWO people who went the DIY route Before me, 1 is very active in the DIY scene and still helps everyone, the other doesnt mention his DIY roots anymore which is a little iroinic   ;)

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 08:41:21 pm »
Lets face it , its a question of choice , i chose to go the diy route , i have had no problems with the system whatsoever , and as for off the shelf doing a better job that is total twaddle , as long as water is 000 tds at the brush head thats all that counts , i believe it is the user , as trad , you get good and not so good wfpers .

Rich   P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Tim Morton

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 09:19:40 pm »
I couldnt agree more with Rich, I built my own system and my brother bought his system, we both have 000tds output and we both are getting exactly the same results, we both have made the same mistakes, as rich said a lot is down to the user, and as for getting better training from buying a commercial system, I've done just as well as my brother and learnt more actually from reading forums like this one.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 09:31:00 pm »
Exactly Tim , if you buy a top market system the sales man is gonna say its the best , come on this course and we will show you just how much better it is than anything out there at the moment .
 I bet i could turn up with my system and let the same demo man use that , and i bet you wont tell the difference .

And another point , if you have built the system yourself , you are gonna know it inside out , you should know where the problems lie yourself should you get any , if you purchase a mega bucks system you wont know it so well , and its obvious that you will get teething problems , even with the top end systems its not guaranteed spot free is it !

Rich   P @ F   

craig jwc

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 09:44:51 pm »
To be honest alot of people find it hard to admit to others they can't afford it.

I've spoken to a couple of w/c in my area who told me they refuse to pay out £xxxx.
I've told them you can build it for alot cheaper and will do the same job.
They are slowly coming round and thinking about it.

When i started there was no way i could afford too spend out on one of these systems so decided to go for a backpack.
I found this a really useful bit of kits.
I have now fitted out my van with a tank and bought one of Andy McCann's trolley systems.
Because i was able to increase my work load with using this backpack it didn't take me long to save up.
This set up suits my work and me perfect.

I could have made this myself as i used to do engineering, have welders and the use of a lathe and cutting gear.
I just didn't have the time to do it, but had the money there to buy something.

It all depends on what type of work you are doing (Domestic/Commercial).

If you are just Domestic then you don't really need one of these big set ups. If you are planning on taking on a mixture then you will need something to cope.

It's what you can afford and what you want to pay out.
Both will do the same job as far as i can see.
Even a DIY set up can look pretty.

Craig

neil100

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 10:39:42 pm »
If you have a garage then set up a static ro, rather then putting a ro unit in the van which would also allow you to put a bigger tank in the van.

Put the biggest tank that your vehicle weight load allows.

If you buy from a firm, then they will install the van safetly. How much more that costs then diy depends on who you ask to fit it. Ioincs and tucker are very expensive. I bought my set up from facelift, I did a lot of research of weather to go diy or have somebody fit it for me.

The sonner you get it done the more money you will make. I started wfp in January this year and I have now made all the money back I paid out for my system. In fact just over the last 6 weeks I have earned an extra £1,600.00 more then When I was avergeing cleaning windows traditionally.

If I had started a couple of years ago i would be well into profit.

My van was fitted completly to my satisfaction, It has a stainless steal frame with special clamps fitted under the van around the chassis rails. If I had gone diy their is no way I would of had a frame around the tank thats as good as I have got. The chap who fitted mine is an enginer who has fitted hundreds of tanks in vans.

The way mine drives fully loaded to the gills is a testament to how good a job he has done. I know what Stu his saying and he his right up to a point.

I do 95% Domestic and I would hate to use a trolley system. A van tank system rocks with M/Bore hose.

Good luck

Nel.

craig jwc

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 10:55:52 pm »

I do 95% Domestic and I would hate to use a trolley system. A van tank system rocks with M/Bore hose.

Good luck

Nel.

You have the best of both worlds with a trolley system.
Sometimes it's quicker to use the trolley than pulling a length of hose out.
I run my tank in the van from my trolley most of the time but there a few occasions where i just use the trolley because it's quicker.

For my Trolley, Backpack, 250l Van tank, 1 x 18foot pole, 1 x 30ft pole, 50gpd RO, Resin vessel for the van, Water Butt, Hose & connectors, Water Containers

Came to around £1500

I find that i have everything i need for most awkward jobs i come across.

Craig

P @ F

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 10:59:50 pm »
Dont forget the £150 for your big gay pink jellyfish !   ;D

Rich   P @ F

craig jwc

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 11:04:16 pm »
Your only jealous Rich ;D

P @ F

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 11:09:51 pm »
hehehehehehehehe !  :-*

Rich   P @ F

craig jwc

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 11:11:38 pm »
Blowing me kisses, now i am getting worried ;D

Craig

carl stanton

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 11:34:25 pm »
do you two want a room!

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 06:39:58 am »
there is nothing wrong with making your own system that is how my company started years ago,

but there is a difference between diy  and off the shelf

but its not got anything to do with the end results thats for sure!!!!!!!!!!

we supply items for people to build there own kits so it dosent matter to me,

MY POINT IS: people can do either but 99% of the time cost is not the issue due to the amazing financial deals available!

Its down to an image.

rgds
stu
www.skypolesystems.com