hickory

Canvassing & Flyers
« on: April 23, 2006, 09:47:39 pm »
Anyone got any tips on canvassing, as i deliver flyers to all the houses i see in my area with filthy windows, but the feedback is very slow.  :-[

kingfisher

Re: Canvassing & Flyers
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 10:02:11 pm »
IV always found that the ones with filthy windows are the ones less likely to respond to your fliers.

I think if there windows are filthy then clean windows are probberly low down on ther list of priorities.
They would at least make some attempt to clean them themselves.

Kev

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 06:39:29 pm »
If you can tell me how many leaflets you have delivered then you have not delivered enough.
Leaflets are slow, but its guaranteed to get there in the end. Just keep pushing them out.
Canvassing is quicker but it just depends how you feel about getting the door shut in your face a hundred times a night.
Some people can take it and some can't.

I'm going out now to deliver a couple of hundred leaflets tonight. Same again tomorrow, same again Wednesday. I may get some calls I may not. I may get a call in a years time. You just can't predict.

wightsurf

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 03:54:41 pm »
for me i get about two for every 150 i put out :P

mick hay

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 05:00:50 pm »
If your going to rely on leaflets they have to be dropped in there 1,000's!
 ive built my round on leaflets since last october and now have 200 customers all priced properly too!!
 i have 10,000 delivered, and then 2 months later i repeat the same area.

I also find with the customer contacting you, they seem to be a better customer, and you can price properly too!!  HTH  ;)

Londoner

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 06:38:25 pm »
I don't think I even get 1% response from leaflets but who cares? I just keep at it.
I can deliver 100 leaflets in half an hour

simbo

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 08:08:42 pm »
it's slow process but leaflets do work, you just ahve to stick at them, as said though i also find i get more genuine customers from them so slower but more worthwhile
good luck
simbo

craig jwc

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 10:16:06 pm »
I had a phone call last week from a house i dropped a flyer off over 6 months ago.

People either put them in the bin or if like me on the side to sort out later.

Craig

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 10:21:46 pm »
i go out at 6.30 knock doors to 8.30 pick up between 5-10 customers a night , knocking doors you can build a round in a couple of months ,flyers a couple of years ,when you knock a door you can give a quote  give a time to do the job ,and most importantly meet the customer, flyers are for girl thingys