RO-Sheen

Help with Commercial Invoice
« on: April 19, 2006, 04:16:32 pm »
I've just done my first Commercial job but need help with the invoice. Can anyone help with layout and content pretty please???
Formerly known as GARGAAX

carl stanton

Re: Help with Commercial Invoice
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 04:43:48 pm »
just look at invoices from things you have brought!
your biz name / and or logo at the top some place,
then there address
and then the job details with date and amount, i think most on here use ms office, i just done my own desighn! as i think office although does the job is boring! but thats what i think! 

David 'Duck' Clare

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 04:50:30 pm »
Hi RO

Ok layout....i would do as follows:

Logo / name at top of page

leave a few lines - put a line accross the page here

(like this)

then put date, invoice number (important so you can track your invoices) and customer name & address

leave a few lines

then put what service you did, how much you are charging for it and on the right hand side the total for each service (even if it is only the one service) [ i do this section in BOLD type font]

NOTE if your VAT registerred you need to add a VAT cost in £ to this section i.e. £100 cost Plus VAT @ 17.5% (£17.50) total £117.50,

GRAND TOTAL £117.50

{nb if your VAT registerred you must show your VAT reg number on your invoice}

leave a few lines

then put the GRAND TOTAL on the right hand side [ i do this in bold and UNDERLINE it]

leave a few lines

then put your payment terms i.e. payment by cheque or cash only and due within 14 calender days (or whatever you want to put as your terms). state who or what name you want cheques made payable to

leave a few lines

then put 'thank you for your business' [i do this line in italics]

leave a few lines

put another line accross the page

then put your company name and address

Hope this helps and i dont mean to state the obvious above if you were alread thinking of putting these things into your invoice, im sure someone will come along with a fancy way for you but above are the basics. My invoices are automatically done from my spreed sheets that i have designed (im thining of selling these and customising them for other window cleaners - if anyone wants some email me ill do them for a reasonable ammount £££)  ;D

Regards DC

RO-Sheen

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 05:04:55 pm »
Thanks Carl and Dave for the help.

Formerly known as GARGAAX

petetaylor56

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 08:41:42 pm »
 :)ro you have mail :)
today i be mostly wfp