carl stanton

sub contracting!!?
« on: April 02, 2006, 10:04:50 pm »
 ??? a few firms have been contacting me to see if i would do my area
 , up to 90min traveling!!
  they want to sub contract or the like, for there national contracts but in my region, vissap is one, reach another and clean society!

any thoughts on dealing with them or handeling them  ???
;D  ;)

jsm

Re: sub contracting!!?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 06:33:01 pm »
Me and Dan at DSB clean some stuff for Vissap , no problems with them - tho you have to wear their green t-shirts  :P
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

carl stanton

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 06:55:58 pm »
yes 'me' they are sooo sexy them green t-shirts!! what are vissap like price wise, who do they clean, is it worth money and travel?

Mike_G

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 07:13:55 pm »
I have seen them at sainsburys

squeaky-clean 1

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 11:06:45 am »
Are vissap still trading im sure i saw a post on here that said they were going bust.

Im a bit puzzeled as we had a letter from vissap in feb i contacted them gave them all my datails but have not had a call back.

Now i have recieved a letter today from Central Cleaning Services this letter is the same word for word .

Are they the same just changed names.

Belinda
Belinda
the real boss.

D woods

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 02:39:58 pm »
Hi Belinda
Whereabouts are Central Cleaning based?

squeaky-clean 1

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 03:09:09 pm »
The address on there letter ie Iveson Approach, Leeds.

The only website is hosted by yell.com

and the website for Vissap is no longer live.

im a bit suspitious.
Belinda
the real boss.

D woods

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 03:48:50 pm »
I think you are right to be suspicious

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 04:08:31 pm »
One thing to remember when sub contrating ,if the contractor does not get paid you dont get paid and you usually clean a job in hand.

So you could get stung for a minimum of 2 cleans, it is best to find your jobs then you are the one in control.

Dave

carl stanton

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 04:33:51 pm »
i never did bother with any sub contracts, got plenty of work anyway! was asked by one firm to clean a light!!  :-\

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 06:20:27 pm »
I did some sub-contract firm for the bloke who owns the 'Window Cleaning Warehouse' in Chepstow's town centre.  He also runs a window cleaning company called Crystal Clear or something like that.

Anyway, I had no problems at all.  I felt a little underpaid for the work I did, but he was up-front with the price he was prepared to pay, and paid promptly when I sent in the invoices.

So my experience of doing sub-contract work has been a positive one.

Once I'd built up enough of my own work, I stopped doing the sub-contract stuff, although had I had more of my own work in the area, I may have continued; but our town centre is fairly-well sewn-up by other window cleaners.