idealrob

Re: Ladder brigade !!!!
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2012, 10:09:22 pm »
Nothing wrong with ladders, no need to stereotype just because some people have stuck trad and havent been out and bought all the Wfp gear. WfP is too expensive, massive start up costs + running costs, far more things can go wrong or break. I'm guessing that's why Wfp users have to charge so much, trad could undercut them all day long even though it can take up to twice as long!! £50 an hour window cleaning I've heard on here! No way that any window cleaning is worth that to anyone, specially when most younger people could get up and do it theirselves!

As you said more things can go wrong or break, well a pole can be replaced or repaired, but what price do you put on your life, for me and my family, its priceless

idealrob

dotty

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2012, 01:46:53 pm »
free country
p doherty

johnny bravo

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2012, 02:08:36 pm »
im still in the ladder brigade,  25 years on,  when i first started there was no scrims , we used to rip towels and sheets up  got bad stares from mrs,   made sure it was old bedding,   there was no such thing as a water fed polewe wore no gloves,  just gritted your teeth in the winter and got on with it.    The newbie wfp cleaners always think they are a cut above.  the traditional cleaners you may need your ladders when things go wrong.   be happy with the work you have got no matter which method you clean    theres too many people not working now in desperate circumstances  yet some window cleaners still think they can over charge for there service they provide,some  WFP cleaners  still charge the same as trad cleaners     summers coming    overpriced cleaners  may loose some work.  not just by the ladder brigade

steveo22

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2012, 05:06:45 pm »
Classic story - WFP must equal all above board!! How about everyone report everyone and see who's paying their taxes and who isn't?! Just cause you've got a pole doesn't mean your not on the dole!!! Honestly, reading these posts makes me laugh, a website for window cleaners, more like a website for pompus W@NKERS!!

Mike_G

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2012, 05:33:49 pm »
Classic story - WFP must equal all above board!! How about everyone report everyone and see who's paying their taxes and who isn't?! Just cause you've got a pole doesn't mean your not on the dole!!! Honestly, reading these posts makes me laugh, a website for window cleaners, more like a website for pompus W@NKERS!!

Hear hear

Johnny B

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2012, 05:56:56 pm »

I agree. By the way I am 100% trad, 15 years in the game. I have always paid tax and NI, and I claim zilch from the government.  :P

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Frank66

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2012, 06:21:20 pm »
Yeah them poley doley brigade

gavinb

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2012, 07:33:13 pm »
I'm ping meself here laughing at the idiots fighting over bloody window cleaning jeez man get over it .
 :P :P :P :P :P

Twc services

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2012, 08:14:03 pm »
I thought ladders were banned  ;D ;D ;D

dotty

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2012, 09:34:43 pm »
think some will be wearing three pice suit with dicki bow
p doherty

dotty

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2012, 09:44:07 pm »
does everybody think we will all be ladder brigade if it dont rain
p doherty

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2012, 05:06:29 am »
one day we will take our kids to Madam Trousseau to see what a tradder looked like. Long live this uneek species. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

vinty

« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2012, 12:31:48 pm »
Don't give him the benefit of the doubt. Take his car number and report him to the benefits hotline and HMRC. I am not nice or charitable so before anyone says thats a really nasty thing to do, I don't care. If they are taking food out of my kids mouths they are going to have to expect some grief from me.
Grassing is effeminate, better just confront the guy ;)

petemg

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2012, 12:48:42 pm »
theres no crooks on this site is there, would you pay some one £20 to spray a bit of water on the end of a pole  at your windows for five minutes, most tradders take pride in what they do thats why they are sought after, take your time do a good job and earn a good living, not spray and run, there should be a site for tradders only...........pete

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2012, 06:13:37 pm »
So many crooks wiping the glass with dish washing up liquid and scraping it of again.Wears the pride in that.Thief. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

squeegee master

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2012, 06:59:02 pm »
As you said more things can go wrong or break, well a pole can be replaced or repaired, but what price do you put on your life, for me and my family, its priceless

idealrob

you could die in crash getting to work? you cant live in a bubble. ladders are fine if you know what your doing ;D

dazmond

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2012, 07:33:29 pm »
some really childish people on this forum at times.trad windows cleaners are not "sought after" at all in my area!why would they be?most dont clean frames or doors or clean awkward windows over connys.i on the other hand do!i do trad some ground floor windows on some properties because its easier sometimes or if the frames are bad and oxidised with bad rubber seals.

WFP done properly including frames and doors is just so much better on most properties.no question!!

any of you guys that are trad only then fair play to ya.i was for 16 years but WFP over the last 2 years has transformed my business and standard of cleaning.

i just couldnt go back to ladders full time.it would be too unsafe and slow on some jobs ive picked up over the last 2 years.the standard of clean wouldnt be as good either!!

if you want to stay trad then thats fine but if its fear of losing customers because your thinking of switching to WFP.its NONSENSE!!

done right wfp is king for nearly all window cleaning work.its a fantastic tool to have in your arsenal!!!!
price higher/work harder!

sean84

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2012, 07:42:10 pm »
some really childish people on this forum at times.trad windows cleaners are not "sought after" at all in my area!why would they be?most dont clean frames or doors or clean awkward windows over connys.i on the other hand do!i do trad some ground floor windows on some properties because its easier sometimes or if the frames are bad and oxidised with bad rubber seals.

WFP done properly including frames and doors is just so much better on most properties.no question!!

any of you guys that are trad only then fair play to ya.i was for 16 years but WFP over the last 2 years has transformed my business and standard of cleaning.

i just couldnt go back to ladders full time.it would be too unsafe and slow on some jobs ive picked up over the last 2 years.the standard of clean wouldnt be as good either!!

if you want to stay trad then thats fine but if its fear of losing customers because your thinking of switching to WFP.its NONSENSE!!

done right wfp is king for nearly all window cleaning work.its a fantastic tool to have in your arsenal!!!!

Well said Dazmond.

rosskesava

« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2012, 08:24:13 pm »
There are good and bad windows cleaners both trad and wfp.

I was trad for quite a few years and now I use wfp. I still do some downstairs trad and sometimes after doing others with wfp, I go round with a microfibre and dry the glass. It depends on the job and it depends on the customer.

Having used ladders without one single incident or near miss, I would only go back to using them if a drought order means I can't use wfp but I do sometimes use ladders for access etc. I think most ex trad window cleaners have the same view.

I didn't realise what a relief it would be not to use ladders untill I stopped using them which is a very hard point to get across to someone who is 100% trad.

As for the quality of the job if done right, I think wfp has the edge. It certainly wins hands down when it come to time. I can clean a whole conservatory spotless including all the whites and the guttering in the fraction the time it would take to do trad.

If I was just cleaning the glass of the same conservatory without worrying about the whites, then there would hardly be any difference in time between a good trad cleaner and someone using wfp.

When it comes to awkward to reach windows only a fool would say trad is better.

I think the difference between trad and wfp in the minds of most trad window cleaners is in the perceived view of what the customer would think if their windows were to be done wfp.

As for one system versus the other, if someone is happy cleaning windows trad then that is it and the same goes for cleaning windows with wfp.

I don't understand this constant competition.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

paul kitchiner

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2012, 12:25:45 pm »
Let's hope if the hosepipe ban does get serious that you wfp guys who keep knocking us mere traders stick to yer guns and don't get yer ladders out. I'm sure us paupers can do yer work for you while waiting for it to finish lol.