Johnny B

Re: Mrs moaning
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 09:58:00 pm »
I feel your pain Cliff.

I am very fortunate that my better half is supporting me to the hilt over me building my business. I am actually the one who is forever moaning that I am not doing well enough!
Seriously though, how long have you been in this game and how well do you personally feel you are doing?

These are personal questions, the answers to which don't matter to anyone else but yourself.
If you feel you need to build your business up some more, why not set yourself some targets, eg x number of customers by the end of the month.

Your wife needs to know that it takes time to build a window cleaning business up (2 years + if building from scratch) and you need to pace yourself while doing so or you will burn yourself out.

If you need to, take a day off to recharge your batteries, or gear yourself up to do an hour or two canvassing. Whatever you feel you need to do, try not to let it stress you out, and look at it as a work in progress. Once you have achieved your targets of xxx customers are £YYY, you will have a decent business which you can look at with pride over the effort you have put in to make it successful.  

Best wishes,
John    

Cheers jon,been going a little over a year i think im doing great but the mrs is used to having more money so thinks she deserves better.
Im not bothered to be honest just having a rant on here at her moaning lol,i will get there and have told her a good company takes time to grow.
Enjoy whats left of the day.
Regards cliff

Cliff, it's good that you are happy with the way it's going for you. That is all that matters really isn't it?  Keep it up, and don't let anyone make you feel anything other than the success you are. Maybe you could take the wife to work and show her just how hard you do work! Perhaps you could train her up and send her out to work while you stay at home and do the bookwork!

Regards,
John    
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

gary999

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 10:06:48 pm »
mine drove me mad.....so i shot her!! >:(

not really but i often think about it! ;D

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 10:50:48 pm »
got rid of mine or she got rid of me;
cant remmember wich
anyways no pasa nada  punanni now
single lifes great ;D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

jsm

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 06:44:36 am »
tell her to go do one and get a job to to earn extra money.... its not about seeing how much money you earn and how many vans you have out,

as long as you have enough to pay bill etc its all good...

i love it when my mrs says you working tomorrow and i say NO day off .... sometimes i may get a few off on a roll... i love being home .. find that balance -- work to live not live to work !!!

John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 07:12:29 am »
in fairness to her what are you doing coming home at 3pm? ;D ;D ;D ;D

seriously though i would calmly talk to her and say it takes time to build a business and i will work harder so you can spend my money more quickly!

as your still building up tell her to think about finding a job herself so she has her own money to buy stuff she wants and not needs! ;) :D :D

if your spending more time on here instead of canvassing for more work with an expensive van on the drive doing nothing then she does have a point.

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 04:46:35 pm »
mug her off mate theres loads of minge out there

Steve Sed

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 04:57:10 pm »
;D ;D ;D ;D spat out my sherry.

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 05:01:04 pm »
;D ;D ;D ;D
Not a dig, but thats made me smile
we succeed because others can't or won't

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 05:02:40 pm »
lol i just put that on for comedy i cant believe its put up :-)

Cliff perkins

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2012, 06:05:19 pm »
I feel your pain Cliff.

I am very fortunate that my better half is supporting me to the hilt over me building my business. I am actually the one who is forever moaning that I am not doing well enough!
Seriously though, how long have you been in this game and how well do you personally feel you are doing?

These are personal questions, the answers to which don't matter to anyone else but yourself.
If you feel you need to build your business up some more, why not set yourself some targets, eg x number of customers by the end of the month.

Your wife needs to know that it takes time to build a window cleaning business up (2 years + if building from scratch) and you need to pace yourself while doing so or you will burn yourself out.

If you need to, take a day off to recharge your batteries, or gear yourself up to do an hour or two canvassing. Whatever you feel you need to do, try not to let it stress you out, and look at it as a work in progress. Once you have achieved your targets of xxx customers are £YYY, you will have a decent business which you can look at with pride over the effort you have put in to make it successful.  

Best wishes,
John    

Cheers jon,been going a little over a year i think im doing great but the mrs is used to having more money so thinks she deserves better.
Im not bothered to be honest just having a rant on here at her moaning lol,i will get there and have told her a good company takes time to grow.
Enjoy whats left of the day.
Regards cliff

Cliff, it's good that you are happy with the way it's going for you. That is all that matters really isn't it?  Keep it up, and don't let anyone make you feel anything other than the success you are. Maybe you could take the wife to work and show her just how hard you do work! Perhaps you could train her up and send her out to work while you stay at home and do the bookwork!

Regards,
John    
I have suggested this lol ;D ;D ;D
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

Cliff perkins

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2012, 06:10:14 pm »
;D ;D ;D ;D spat out my sherry.

Alrite stevie boy  ;D

Steve Sed

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2012, 06:27:31 pm »
Good thanks Cliff. Been leafletting this afternoon. Otherwise my missus said she wouldn't feed me tonight.  :'(

Cliff perkins

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2012, 12:00:26 pm »
Good thanks Cliff. Been leafletting this afternoon. Otherwise my missus said she wouldn't feed me tonight.  :'(

Lol  ;D ;D

lee_dewing

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2012, 08:23:12 pm »
Cliff i take it your water fed pole for window cleaning.

I don't mean to sound funny and it's probably me being a dope.

But why have you got a pic of someone abseiling for window cleaning on van?
Do you use this method for commercial?

Maybe Domestic custies think your coming down from roof on rope like s.a.s ;D

Hope work rolls in quick for you, took me two years to have a decent round, I think you can throw all the money you want at this business, but rome wasn't built in a day.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Cliff perkins

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2012, 08:25:08 am »
No it was just an image of a window cleaner i liked,i dont do it at present but that doesnt mean i wont  in the future.
Thinking ahead.
Regards

Also i think it makes people think my company is bigger than it is which is t a bad thing