Cliff perkins

Mrs moaning
« on: March 07, 2012, 08:11:45 pm »
What would u say when all she says is have u been canvassing today .your not earning enough money bla bla bla you dont work hard enough,gives me the hump shall i dump lol
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

rg1

Re: Mrs moaning
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 08:13:36 pm »
Its not easy. I have to put my wages through the letterbox on Fridays before she will let me in! :D
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

carl stanton

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 08:17:49 pm »
Its not easy. I have to put my wages through the letterbox on Fridays before she will let me in! :D
lol  ;D
but where would we be with out em'  ;D (looks over shoulder)
being self employed takes em' a while to understand,
'sorry love i will do better next time, thank you for considering to encourage me and your support in my efforts to build a business and support us'
let em say there peice and come back and show what you have done and how it plays a part
and don't forget, you are only a man  ;D or nearlly a man at least  :-X

stuart mc

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 08:22:42 pm »
my mrs spent three years looking through job adverts for me ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 08:26:03 pm »
What would u say when all she says is have u been canvassing today .your not earning enough money bla bla bla you dont work hard enough,gives me the hump shall i dump lol
dump her, and make he beg when you make it big time, then say what have you done for me today, what are you bringing in.

Jokes aside, if shes saying this she worried about money, maybe sell me your van  ;D

also she should be lucking to have a fireman as a partner, that is the uniform your wearing on your website inst it  :-\
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 08:28:51 pm »

Dont forget CIU rules state you need to pick up 2 if you dump 1!

Seriously maybe sit down with her and explain what you have been doing and each day make a point of talking to her about your day. Try not to resort to sarcasm as this only makes matters worse.
Either she will get fed up of hearing about it or she may become more supportive.
Either way, and even if this fails, communication is vital in any relationship and you need to keep trying.

All the best.

Cliff perkins

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 08:29:21 pm »
Who do they think they r ay,i bet she wouldnt like it if you did it to her.
I think i work bloody hard trying to build my company and all she does is moan,and spend all my money,bloody cheek lol

Cliff perkins

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 08:33:17 pm »
dump her, and make he beg when you make it big time, then say what have you done for me today, what are you bringing in.

Jokes aside, if shes saying this she worried about money, maybe sell me your van  ;D

also she should be lucking to have a fireman as a partner, that is the uniform your wearing on your website inst it  :-\
Awwwwwwwww that was a bit harsh lol.
Call me fireman perkins
No it was a sunday afternoon i took some pics and i didnt have my work trouses and polo shirt on so i slipped my hi viss stuff over my clothes to pose for pic lol.

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 08:34:11 pm »
Who do they think they r ay,i bet she wouldnt like it if you did it to her.
I think i work bloody hard trying to build my company and all she does is moan,and spend all my money,bloody cheek lol
that's there job mate, if it was plain sailing we would have an easy life, and that would be to easy.

also what gives you the right to moan at us because she moans at you, I think your out of order, you could be canvassing you know  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

TomCrowther

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 08:35:00 pm »
Dump and replace with two others. (can't believe nobody has said it yet}

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 08:35:46 pm »

Seriously maybe sit down with her and explain what you have been doing and each day make a point of talking to her about your day. Try not to resort to sarcasm as this only makes matters worse.
Either she will get fed up of hearing about it or she may become more supportive.
Either way, and even if this fails, communication is vital in any relationship and you need to keep trying.

All the best.

Cliff perkins

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 08:37:25 pm »

All the best.
Thanks sunshine i do try to talk to her but all she sees is the end result ££££££££££££££££££££ and more £££££££££££££££££ or shall i say the lack of it lol.

If she didnt keep spending all my money on holidays we b loaded lol

Cliff perkins

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 08:39:16 pm »
Dump and replace with two others. (can't believe nobody has said it yet}
i will tell her thats what the boys said on clean it up lol

david watts

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 08:39:49 pm »
got rid of mine or she got rid of me;
cant remmember wich
anyways no pasa nada now
single lifes great ;D
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

colin purewater

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 08:47:33 pm »
I get what your on about but when I've got a day free for canversing
I say this is because I've speeded up do much I'm ahead with my work..

But I don't get much grief about work as the wife is my accountant  ;D

Free of charge of course  ;D
keep it simple

stuart mc

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 08:52:00 pm »
what really gets on my nerves is when the window cleaner that does my street is still here at 5pm, I am usually home about 3.

she starts all the see imagine what you would earn if you worked on for a couple hours more :'( I always say he has to work late he only takes three quid a house, or he only works three days a week, I know him and both are true, good lad works long and hard for his money though

Cliff perkins

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 08:59:21 pm »
what really gets on my nerves is when the window cleaner that does my street is still here at 5pm, I am usually home about 3.

she starts all the see imagine what you would earn if you worked on for a couple hours more :'( I always say he has to work late he only takes three quid a house, or he only works three days a week, I know him and both are true, good lad works long and hard for his money though
I get that too.
I say if i had work to do i would be out longer aswell.
Nevermind rant over.

Johnny B

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 09:23:06 pm »
I feel your pain Cliff.

I am very fortunate that my better half is supporting me to the hilt over me building my business. I am actually the one who is forever moaning that I am not doing well enough!
Seriously though, how long have you been in this game and how well do you personally feel you are doing?

These are personal questions, the answers to which don't matter to anyone else but yourself.
If you feel you need to build your business up some more, why not set yourself some targets, eg x number of customers by the end of the month.

Your wife needs to know that it takes time to build a window cleaning business up (2 years + if building from scratch) and you need to pace yourself while doing so or you will burn yourself out.

If you need to, take a day off to recharge your batteries, or gear yourself up to do an hour or two canvassing. Whatever you feel you need to do, try not to let it stress you out, and look at it as a work in progress. Once you have achieved your targets of xxx customers are £YYY, you will have a decent business which you can look at with pride over the effort you have put in to make it successful.  

Best wishes,
John    

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Cliff perkins

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 09:43:44 pm »
I feel your pain Cliff.

I am very fortunate that my better half is supporting me to the hilt over me building my business. I am actually the one who is forever moaning that I am not doing well enough!
Seriously though, how long have you been in this game and how well do you personally feel you are doing?

These are personal questions, the answers to which don't matter to anyone else but yourself.
If you feel you need to build your business up some more, why not set yourself some targets, eg x number of customers by the end of the month.

Your wife needs to know that it takes time to build a window cleaning business up (2 years + if building from scratch) and you need to pace yourself while doing so or you will burn yourself out.

If you need to, take a day off to recharge your batteries, or gear yourself up to do an hour or two canvassing. Whatever you feel you need to do, try not to let it stress you out, and look at it as a work in progress. Once you have achieved your targets of xxx customers are £YYY, you will have a decent business which you can look at with pride over the effort you have put in to make it successful.  

Best wishes,
John    

Cheers jon,been going a little over a year i think im doing great but the mrs is used to having more money so thinks she deserves better.
Im not bothered to be honest just having a rant on here at her moaning lol,i will get there and have told her a good company takes time to grow.
Enjoy whats left of the day.
Regards cliff

carl stanton

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 09:51:25 pm »
some times we need to just let off  :D hope you feel better for, as is said better to talk  ;D