Ian101

So guess Im not the only one that this happens to .... am I ??

In fairness first one for ages.

Noticed house had gone up for sale a few months back so been expecting a cancellation at some point .. 8 windows and a small 2 sided conny so at £12 monthly about right for my area .... North Wales.

Now then my initial reaction was to try to increase price to £14 as now bimonthly however at £12 bimonthly still just about ok price wise.

If I increase they may cancel all together ??

Prices going up in March / April by a quid or two so can do the increase then ?? they may still cancel then of course.

or take the easy option and do nowt.

Your thoughts please.

Pope vader

Re: Note in post with cheque ... make it every other month please
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 06:57:18 pm »
dump replace with 2

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 06:59:02 pm »
dump replace with 2

feck me thought my outlook was harsh   ;D

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 07:02:34 pm »
I get that a lot when they put the houses up for sale , which amazes me , surely they want the house to look good for viewings , especially if they have good views from the house .

Rich 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

colin purewater

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 07:03:06 pm »
Well well so they can change there mind!!

I've only got one round which us bi monthly
And I hate it! I've been trying to get them all to
Change to monthly but there having non of it!

I hope I get one of theese letters in the post Ian

Oh and I don't  think I'd put there price up now

Thanks
 Colin
keep it simple

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 07:09:28 pm »
I get that a lot when they put the houses up for sale , which amazes me , surely they want the house to look good for viewings , especially if they have good views from the house .

Rich 

mmm yes u would think that

king marko

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 07:17:11 pm »
Have they been good customers for a while? If so, I'd say wait and increase when you roll out later on - if you are happy with price now then no real probs
You're always gonna get houses like this that's a fact
If it was too cheap to begin with or you weren't happy I can understand 'dump' otherwise treat as normal

Tom White

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 07:17:50 pm »
they may still cancel then of course.

Your thoughts please.

Well, my thoughts when this happens is that they're worth less to me as customers, in financial terms, so if I lose them, I'm not too bothered.

If I think the account was underpriced, and they tried to change frequency, I would insist on a price increase; if I didn't, I would probably just be to 'busy' to get around to them and they'd end up dropped anyway.  So in this instance, a price increase is also doing them a favour.

But if the account was nicely priced, I'd just add them onto every-other-month, which is my preferred frequency anyway.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 07:27:41 pm »

Noticed house had gone up for sale a few months back so been expecting a cancellation at some point .. 8 windows and a small 2 sided conny so at £12 monthly about right for my area .... North Wales.

Now then my initial reaction was to try to increase price to £14 as now bimonthly however at £12 bimonthly still just about ok price wise.

Prices going up in March / April by a quid or two so can do the increase then ?? they may still cancel then of course.

Your thoughts please.

we'd put this up to £16 for 8 weekly.  makes them think twice about the change, some will stick at 4 weekly, some are happy to pay.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

stuart mc

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 08:21:16 pm »
your customer is broke, skint, no money, hence the reason the house is for sale, I would continue to clean as long as they pay for no increase, but if for any reason I didn't like the job or customer I would dump, every customer is different and I would decide depending on them

I had one cancel last week for the same reason, selling house and lack of money, they asked if I could do it when I am in the area if they asked when they see me do the neighbours and if they have money, I said yes as they had always been good and obviously have money problems and a young family to feed, I do have a bit of compassion in me

I look at each case on its merits

king marko

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 08:23:52 pm »
your customer is broke, skint, no money, hence the reason the house is for sale, I would continue to clean as long as they pay for no increase, but if for any reason I didn't like the job or customer I would dump, every customer is different and I would decide depending on them

I had one cancel last week for the same reason, selling house and lack of money, they asked if I could do it when I am in the area if they asked when they see me do the neighbours and if they have money, I said yes as they had always been good and obviously have money problems and a young family to feed, I do have a bit of compassion in me

I look at each case on its merits
Snap :)

simonr

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 08:46:05 pm »
all my 2mth are the same price as 1mth & none of them take any longer to do i thought this might be cos i live in a fairly clean area but i recently took on a road of terraced houses - loads of cars , 1st cleans were minging  & even the 2mth on here dont take any longer ????????????

Halfadaylee

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 10:19:04 pm »
Ian,
your going to lose them as customers at some point when they move.
If you keep the price the same and they stay local, you may get the new house. If when the new guys move in you can sell your frequency and price to them then.
Art

bobplum

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 07:07:50 am »

Your thoughts please.

we'd put this up to £16 for 8 weekly.  makes them think twice about the change, some will stick at 4 weekly, some are happy to pay.

and some happy to say "cancel the windows"

bobby p

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 07:31:42 am »
ive had 1 or 2 ask to extend ,i agree with a sigh ,then once home strike em off george and thats the end of em.   these people were gettin a very good deal from me,above the norm  ,UNappreciative buggers - i hope they get a taster from the other firm in the area ,dICKOS  REAL DEAL

G Griffin

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 08:20:54 am »
ive had 1 or 2 ask to extend ,i agree with a sigh ,then once home strike em off george and thats the end of em.   these people were gettin a very good deal from me,above the norm  ,UNappreciative buggers - i hope they get a taster from the other firm in the area ,dICKOS  REAL DEAL

Be straight with them then, Bobby, and tell them that. You might not lose them then.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Mike_G

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 08:46:47 am »
People are skint, lots of them are anyway and are looking to save money, it's going to happen to all of us sooner or later, i'd stick with it incase you lose a load more.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 09:47:17 am »
People are skint, lots of them are anyway and are looking to save money, it's going to happen to all of us sooner or later, i'd stick with it incase you lose a load more.

i dont find people are skint.  if you think this then you really will get yourself into trouble.

also, one previous comment about 'they're moving house because they've got no money'.  thats an assumption.  unless theyve told you that, they may well be moving to a larger, more expensive house.

read in one of my business books, the best thing to do in a recession is to put up your prices.  it said many people will drop their prices and get themselves into more trouble because of it.  raise your prices and offer a fantastic service, keep your best clients, and the ones you loose, replace with clients on the
right price.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Pope vader

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 10:21:01 am »
some people are skint and some aint, but what one person classes as skint in not to some one else,   

some people just cant be bothered to look for money so cancel,  i know, as i cancelled a wc once becasue i got sick of him coming back and i always forgot he was coming

John F

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 10:26:18 am »

i dont find people are skint.  if you think this then you really will get yourself into trouble.

also, one previous comment about 'they're moving house because they've got no money'.  thats an assumption.  unless theyve told you that, they may well be moving to a larger, more expensive house.

read in one of my business books, the best thing to do in a recession is to put up your prices.  it said many people will drop their prices and get themselves into more trouble because of it.  raise your prices and offer a fantastic service, keep your best clients, and the ones you loose, replace with clients on the
right price.

good post. which books are you reading? just examples not a list!!  ;) its business books that gave me the nerve to knock doors and other books on how to handle rejection. bread and butter to this business.