anybody got any jobs off nationwide window cleaning . is it worth investing

easy clean

Re: nationwide window cleaning. does it work
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 07:53:59 pm »
that'll be a no then!!!!!!

steve rix

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 07:57:55 pm »
Read previous posts, A few will want to say I told you so!!
I still hope it works for anyone who did invest though just not for us

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 08:05:32 pm »
It's all very early days - so you have to give it a chance
personally i'd invest me dosh in other ways & in this area people want to know your local
not national - this may be different in the city areas

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

steve rix

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 08:13:52 pm »
Its not for us for the same reason as Darran, had a few breakins around here and people tend to trust recommendations rather than the internet

wfp master

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 08:20:33 pm »
^^^^^ this

George P

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 07:50:38 am »
weve had a couple, one small and one quite large,

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 08:01:08 am »
Its not for us for the same reason as Darran, had a few breakins around here and people tend to trust recommendations rather than the internet
there is many factors that gain trust online, I get a lot of work from the internet, and the reason they can look at you first before they employ.

I do agree that people tend not to like national companies as they have a very bad names as slap and dash merchants I could name a few already, I hope thier site goes well then I can make money from thier adwords campains   ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Seers

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 12:44:31 pm »
Hi,

Enquiries are coming through the site every day but our biggest problem is that we still do not have enough contractors spread across the UK to service all the enquiries.

It is going to take us us probably 12 months before we get enough guys on board to really offer a truely national service. To try and speed up the take up of areas, and on feedback from some of the guys on here I have spoken to, we have reduced the costs and you can now cover both residential and commercial for a town for £25 a month.

I think most people realise that although local recommendations etc is a fantastic way to gain more work, a lot of people also search the internet when looking for a window cleaner.

At the very least the new website is simply a window cleaning directory but within 12 months we hope to develop the site into a whole lot more for all our contractors....

Cheers,

Huw

concept

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 02:24:58 pm »
Can I ask what is to stop JV Price or Seerclean skimming all the large commercial enquiries from the sites? Or have I misunderstood and leads go direct to the mini site without any possibility of "cherry picking"?

Call me sceptical, but I don't see why a national/large window cleaning company would want to worry about getting Mrs Smith from Church Street in touch with a window cleaner. The subscription isn't THAT much that would make it worth the effort surely?

Good luck to those involved, both ides of the fence, my opinion doesn't matter, but thought I would ask.

YWCS

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 03:23:03 pm »
I know of one or two national companies that advertise they use all their own workers but in reality they sub everything out - with practices like that the nationals will always have a bad rep IMO.

I've had cancellation letters in the past from chain stores saying things like " ...... so we can standardize quality across all our sites...." but in reality its all about price and if you pay peanuts... well you know the rest. If the subbies are not getting paid enough corners will be missed cut. Store managers are not working nationally and only care about their own store so when standards slip complaints roll in.

Seers

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 03:40:12 pm »
Hi,

Which is exactly why we are trying to get enough local contractors together under one umbrella to bid for national work as one collective.

There will be no massive companies involved who's staff don't give a crap about standards and our contractors won't be travelling 50 or 100 miles to service a £6 shop front. Each guy looks after there own local area and will hopefully improve standards to clients.

We are currently in talks with one very large national at the moment who is very interested in our concept, once we pick up one chain it will be easier to sell to more nationals.

We are not expecting to turn this project into an overnight success and are looking at it as a long term project...it's been great talking on the phone to everyone over the last couple of weeks.

On the flip side most of the enquiries coming through the mini-sites are tending to be for residential work at the moment.

Cheers,

Huw

YWCS

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 03:59:18 pm »
This wasn't aimed at Nationwide. but those bad nationals are out there and the rep of other nationals will rub off on you I think.

I've not looked at your concept and was commenting on observations of the companies who are out there now.

sample scenario -

Harrys furniture (fictional company) have 100 stores around the country and want them cleaning for £10 per store

store in Bradford has 5 windows and a door = £10 for Bradford contractor
store in London has 15 windows 3 doors and a nice shiny neon sign that they want cleaned = £10 for London contractor
store in Liverpool has 1 window and a door (which are usually boarded up ;)) = £10 for liverpool contractor
other 97 store with similar variations

or you get each contractor to send you a price they need for the store which opens it up to regional variations and will encourage contractors to come in with a high initial price.

I'm not being funny at all but can see the logistics being a bit of a nightmare. Having said that - I'll have a look and may sign up :)

good luck

windiewasher

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 04:42:45 pm »
I wasn't aware you got domestic and commercial for 25 a month
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

concept

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 04:48:17 pm »
Hi,

Which is exactly why we are trying to get enough local contractors together under one umbrella to bid for national work as one collective.

There will be no massive companies involved who's staff don't give a crap about standards and our contractors won't be travelling 50 or 100 miles to service a £6 shop front. Each guy looks after there own local area and will hopefully improve standards to clients.

We are currently in talks with one very large national at the moment who is very interested in our concept, once we pick up one chain it will be easier to sell to more nationals.

We are not expecting to turn this project into an overnight success and are looking at it as a long term project...it's been great talking on the phone to everyone over the last couple of weeks.

On the flip side most of the enquiries coming through the mini-sites are tending to be for residential work at the moment.

Cheers,

Huw

Didn't answer my question though, can the cream work be siphoned off? Do you "vet" all enquiries before passing them on?

p1w1

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 04:52:07 pm »
Hi,

Enquiries are coming through the site every day but our biggest problem is that we still do not have enough contractors spread across the UK to service all the enquiries.

It is going to take us us probably 12 months before we get enough guys on board to really offer a truely national service. To try and speed up the take up of areas, and on feedback from some of the guys on here I have spoken to, we have reduced the costs and you can now cover both residential and commercial for a town for £25 a month.
I think most people realise that although local recommendations etc is a fantastic way to gain more work, a lot of people also search the internet when looking fo a window cleaner.

At the very least the new website is simply a window cleaning directory but within 12 months we hope to develop the site into a whole lot more for all our contractors....

Cheers,

Huw

so just to get this right for £25 a month you get the leads for both domestic and commercial for 1 town..
thanks

g.brookes

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 04:54:59 pm »
'There will be no massive companies involved who's staff don't give a crap about standards and our contractors won't be travelling 50 or 100 miles to service a £6 shop front. Each guy looks after there own local area and will hopefully improve standards to clients.

We are currently in talks with one very large national at the moment who is very interested in our concept, once we pick up one chain it will be easier to sell to more nationals.'

sounds to me like you're looking at making a megalomaniac subcontracting system but without the biggest draw for the client, which is one, or at least limited invoicing, compared to paying each individual window cleaner for each store

Pope vader

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 05:26:32 pm »
Can I ask what is to stop JV Price or Seerclean skimming all the large commercial enquiries from the sites? Or have I misunderstood and leads go direct to the mini site without any possibility of "cherry picking"?

Call me sceptical, but I don't see why a national/large window cleaning company would want to worry about getting Mrs Smith from Church Street in touch with a window cleaner. The subscription isn't THAT much that would make it worth the effort surely?

Good luck to those involved, both ides of the fence, my opinion doesn't matter, but thought I would ask.

i asked thsi question when it first started and got told,  if they get work it is up to them how they pass the work on,  but how do you know the work wasnt cherry picked before and given to dean to cover and dave morris

H S and Son

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 05:29:19 pm »
If Nationwide did that they'd probably be guilty of fraud.

Pope vader

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 05:30:21 pm »
but how would we know that matt,  as they aint going to tell people are they