A@R WINDOWCLEANING

which chemical?
« on: July 22, 2011, 04:27:24 pm »
i have a shopping centre roof to clean ,i have tried to use the chemicals that i use for gutter cleaning but no luck,they said it has not been cleaned in 20 YEARS   it is a powder coated metal roof ,really big job i need it to be easy if not i could lose alot of money ,tfr ? if so where do i get it in bulk ?  thanks guys

Smudger

Re: which chemical?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 04:40:09 pm »
What are you using to clean it ?  - wfp brush or jet wash ?

is there glass or is it all metal cladding ?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

A@R WINDOWCLEANING

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 04:49:59 pm »
HOPEFULLY JUST WFPTHERE IS A GLASS ATRIUM AT TOP WHICH IS NO PROB ,YES IT IS A ALL METAL CLADDING ROOF (POWDER COATED)WHICH I HAVE BEEN TOLD YOU CAN DAMAGE THE COATING IF NOT CAREFUL, REALLY GROUND IN DIRT I KNOW I HAVE TO DO A TEST PATCH ,JUST HAVE TO FIND THE RIGHT CHEMICAL

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 04:57:26 pm »
i think you will be in for a long hard and possibly unrewarding time...

good place to start would be tfr - but if it's that ingrained you may be putting it on neat and using scrubbing brushes
( if practical ).

i remember a thread well over a year ago some one had lots of powder coating and stainless steel  used some other
chemical but cant think what is was - you could try a forum search...

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

A@R WINDOWCLEANING

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 05:01:54 pm »
thanks for your help darren :)

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 05:58:41 am »
Spit and polish