AuRavelling79

Jason Mawlam's post has been changed!
« on: May 06, 2011, 02:38:48 pm »
The post that admitted his company's employees posed as users has been changed. Thought I'd highlight it here in  case I get banned or worse.

Honesty is the best policy eh?

Hah! You've been rumbled.

It's a game of three halves!

James Leet

Re: Jason Mawlam's post has been changed!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 02:40:33 pm »
From this

Yes, that did happen some time ago and I apologise on behalf of the company for that.

But that's not me and it's not not how anyone in our company operates any more.

Honesty is the best policy.

to this

In the early days of CIU there were a few occasions where genuine questions about Ionic products were raised by members here, and answers where given by other members that were incorrect.  This was innocent enough, and members gave what they thought was the right answer, but unfortunately wasn't.

On one or two of those occassions, someone here at ionic wanted to answer with the correct information, but at the same time didnt want to appear to be "pushing" product and so joined up simply to answer those questions.

As time went on, and more and more Ionic system owners joined CIU, there became more members who actually owned and knew about how our products worked, and so were able to answer questions from their own experience.  That being the case, there was no longer any need for someone from Ionic to answer those questions.

This was all before my time with Ionic, and the people who actually were involved in this have not been with the company for some years.  As some may know, my dad used to post on here many years ago, but found he got drawn into lots of arguments, often with other suppliers, and so made a decision to leave the forums for good. That is the extent of our involvement in CIU to date, and as things advance I see more and more genuine questions about our products, and again sometimes incorrect information is given. The only reason that I comment here is to present the correct information about our products,

I guess the later was ran through the Ionics P.R machine.

Honesty is the best policy..

cozy

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 03:02:14 pm »
I think admin will have to ban a couple of us on here. Jason comes on and admits to underhand tactics, then changes the admition. Then has the nerve to say honesty is the best policy. ;D ;D
That's why I get "Worked up" about arrogant people who seem to think that all window cleaners must be completely stupid.
Ionics staff, even the arrogant ones, don't deserve any trust. How pathetic. ;D ;D

James Leet

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 03:03:45 pm »
It Just gets worse as he posts.

I bet Daddy is well chuffed.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 05:16:57 pm »
It Just gets worse as he posts.

I bet Daddy is well chuffed.

D'you think Daddy knows? (Yet)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 05:50:14 pm »
Oh dear !!
Surely it would have been better to leave the post intact and add to the thread rather than changing the post - just to avoid raising suspicions of a Waterpolegate.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 06:32:39 pm »
LOL   ;D ;D

Steve_c

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 07:09:59 pm »
you all need to get out more. Who gives a monkeys

dd

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 07:22:08 pm »
Anyone who has used this forum for a few years knows that Ionics have posted here on numerous occassions covertly. I hope Jason continues to post but the best way to win people over is simple honesty.

On my first post a few years ago I was attacked by "Foxman" - an Ionics plant - because I doubted the authenticity of a pole review in Ionics pwc magazine as it favoured their poles over other competitors.

Nick Wareham

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 07:25:29 pm »
On my first post a few years ago I was attacked by "Foxman" - an Ionics plant - because I doubted the authenticity of a pole review in Ionics pwc magazine as it favoured their poles over other competitors.

Foxman? hes the window cleaning warehouse guy I think.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 07:46:31 pm »

Foxman? hes the window cleaning warehouse guy I think.

Correct. ;)

James Leet

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 08:22:32 pm »
Anyone who has used this forum for a few years knows that Ionics have posted here on numerous occassions covertly. I hope Jason continues to post but the best way to win people over is simple honesty.

People have been Banned for exposing them though.

windymiller

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 08:31:03 pm »
Freedom of speech !!!!! if you get banned theres other window cleaning forums out there started from members who used to be on here. Dont worry ;)

James Leet

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 08:33:26 pm »
Just got back from a trip to tesco's

i was driving down the B4005 and my car was hit by this :(

I think Daddy might know now

cozy

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 08:53:52 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

You think he used that?

Nick Wareham

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 09:04:33 pm »
Wait, so, the guy from window cleaning warehouse is an ionic plant?
That cant be right, can it?

windymiller

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 09:07:50 pm »
Every business have so many jealous people. You would be amazed at the stories i have heard for people trying to gain business  ;D

James Leet

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2011, 09:36:23 pm »
;D ;D ;D

You think he used that?

My First Computer ?

dd

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2011, 09:57:33 pm »
All I know is Foxman used to rubbish companys such as tuckerpole and gardiners and favour Ionics. He also claimed to have witnessed the test Ionics did to compare there poles to tucker and facelift and was vehemently defensive when I suggested it could have been biased.

Looks like I was wrong from what others say though.

windymiller

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2011, 10:03:56 pm »
What happened to freedom of speech? they have taken all links off my posts  :'(

James Leet

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2011, 10:08:19 pm »
What happened to freedom of speech? they have taken all links off my posts  :'(

What was the link of ?

James Leet

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2011, 11:18:42 pm »
All I know is Foxman used to rubbish companys such as tuckerpole and gardiners and favour Ionics. He also claimed to have witnessed the test Ionics did to compare there poles to tucker and facelift and was vehemently defensive when I suggested it could have been biased.

Might have been paid to " push " ionics stuff ?

Nick Wareham

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2011, 12:03:05 am »
Maybe Ionics own window cleaning warehouse ????

Paul Coleman

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2011, 08:28:45 am »

I suppose it depends which criteria are used in assessing a pole's worth really.  I've used a few Ionics poles.  Well built?  Mostly.  Durable? Yes.  Comfortable working weight?  Mostly no.  Practical section lengths?  Mostly - except where most needed on a particular high pole.  Closed length fit in van?  Not usually on larger poles.

James Leet

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2011, 08:48:06 am »

I suppose it depends which criteria are used in assessing a pole's worth really.  I've used a few Ionics poles.  Well built?  Mostly.  Durable? Yes.  Comfortable working weight?  Mostly no.  Practical section lengths?  Mostly - except where most needed on a particular high pole.  Closed length fit in van?  Not usually on larger poles.

The mags review was a joke, Oh we have excluded certain poles because they are better, oh sorry we mean not fit for purpose

Laughable and lets face it Misleading, but as Jason has admitted that did not matter to ionics, he has now shown that honesty is something that is still far from the equation aswell

cc

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2011, 09:26:27 am »
So how does it affect all you guys?
Has the goings on...if any...affected how you make a living,has it affected your earnings,has it affected your family life....
What a load of fannies...... ::)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2011, 11:05:35 am »
Has the goings on...if any...affected how you make a living,has it affected your earnings,has it affected your family life....

I don't agree with your own assessment of the quality of your post "cc" - but it is rather ill-thought out.  ;)

You see this is a window cleaning forum where the general thrust is to help one another and ourselves by learning. And if a firm that is held up as something of an icon in the industry behaves in a certain way then I would like to know before parting with large sums of money on a system.

I mean imagine I am thinking of spending £10K on getting new kit - I would want to know as much about a company's ethics as it's products.

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2011, 03:49:55 pm »
And why don't you apply that logic to smoking?  Not that you do, or don't (I don't know), but I bet there's loads of things you by that you choose to turn a blind eye to.

Fact is that Ionics get a bad press because they are big, and no-one likes a success story, do they?  Look at Tesco, famously hated, for some reason, but all they are is good at what they do.

I get my stuff there because it's the right place, at the right time etc, and I don't care if they deal in guns and drugs, to be honest.

This thread shouts sour grapes, to me.

cc

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2011, 08:25:44 pm »

I don't agree with your own assessment of the quality of your post "cc" - but it is rather ill-thought out.  ;)

You see this is a window cleaning forum where the general thrust is to help one another and ourselves by learning. And if a firm that is held up as something of an icon in the industry behaves in a certain way then I would like to know before parting with large sums of money on a system.

I mean imagine I am thinking of spending £10K on getting new kit - I would want to know as much about a company's ethics as it's products.

Lol.....

i still stand by my comments...what a load of fannies  ;D

p1w1

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2011, 08:47:54 pm »
I agree  ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2011, 10:34:12 pm »
 ;D

Ok  p1w1 and cc! I guess you would treat your customers in a similar way by saying one thing and changing it surreptitiously and hoping they won't notice? - Well if so, I'm not on a mission to change your ways. But many on this forum do not like being taken for mugs - do you?

You can impute whatever motives to me if you like. You really haven't a clue and you show this by suggesting that the reason for my thread is sour grapes at others financial success. I love it when people are successful because I learn from them.

In window cleaning terms I believe that generally the best thing an owner operator can do is use the forums to build his own system. If someone is lacking in confidence so that he needs a turn-key system then he more than any other needs a company he can trust for service, back up and being treated as a valued customer; not a mug.

10k may not be a lot of money for you to spend on your business, but it is for many.

James Leet

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2011, 04:44:53 pm »

In window cleaning terms I believe that generally the best thing an owner operator can do is use the forums to build his own system. If someone is lacking in confidence so that he needs a turn-key system then he more than any other needs a company he can trust for service, back up and being treated as a valued customer; not a mug.

10k may not be a lot of money for you to spend on your business, but it is for many.

Of course

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2011, 06:46:19 pm »

Foxman is at WCW and nothing to do with Ionics. I've met they guy and he told me all about the rubbish that went on and why he's not here now.
Didn't try to sell me any particular make equipment, just what I needed. Helpful guy.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2011, 07:29:02 pm »
Foxy is a legend. thick as a post, but a legend none the less.

Just don't ask him to send you scraper blades.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2011, 08:05:40 pm »
Foxy is a legend. thick as a post, but a legend none the less.

Just don't ask him to send you scraper blades.
I can imagine.  ;D