P @ F

£8000 LOSS
« on: March 03, 2011, 11:52:23 pm »
How can you loose 8 grand a year and be happy , not sure myself , but im over the moon about it to be honest , 2 contractors just had the work back for reasons of total understanbility , is that a word ?
As i say i couldnt be happier , its given me the scope to look at my round and beat it into shape , part of the reason is one of the contractors primed me for the recent loss , maybe it was premeditated , maybe it wasnt , but this week im lookin at clearing £800 on my domestic without his commercial .
I was not doing that even with the commercial , it wasnt the price of the commercial , it was the fact that after doing the commercial i was kicking back and being lazy on my domestic , all was sliding , more and more each month , now im back on track , blinkers are off and the sky is the limit , ok , im not gonna be a millionaire , but i will have no paperwork , no real ties , and the biggest bonus more family time !

A very happy Rich   ( if you can relate )   
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

bad trippy

Re: £8000 LOSS
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 12:02:53 am »
comercial is a thing of the pass, me and the mrs at times earn £100 per hour on domestics, £50 ph at the extreme low end, we get paid 99% of the time
We got customer loyality
We work in light to moderate rain
We have hundreds of custies (cant lose em all)
Why would we want to rely on comercial?????????????
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 07:38:32 am »
How can you loose 8 grand a year and be happy , not sure myself , but im over the moon about it to be honest , 2 contractors just had the work back for reasons of total understanbility , is that a word ?
As i say i couldnt be happier , its given me the scope to look at my round and beat it into shape , part of the reason is one of the contractors primed me for the recent loss , maybe it was premeditated , maybe it wasnt , but this week im lookin at clearing £800 on my domestic without his commercial .
I was not doing that even with the commercial , it wasnt the price of the commercial , it was the fact that after doing the commercial i was kicking back and being lazy on my domestic , all was sliding , more and more each month , now im back on track , blinkers are off and the sky is the limit , ok , im not gonna be a millionaire , but i will have no paperwork , no real ties , and the biggest bonus more family time !

A very happy Rich   ( if you can relate )   

I've only recently handed back subbie work worth about £4k - £5k a year to me.  Hopefully I haven't made a mistake.  It won't cost me £4 - £5k a year as I was often delaying my own work in order to do it so it means that I will be able to get my own work done closer to the proper intervals.  The two problems I had with it were that I was about to receive another small pay cut and that it required a lot more micro-managing than my own work.  I tend to avoid too much work where I have to phone/text ahead, where there are parking issues and where a fair few of the customers who are sent texts keep "forgetting" to leave the gates unlocked.  I usually felt pretty stressed when the work was becoming due so my gut feeling is that I've done the right thing.  It will free up a bit of time to get more of my own work in.
One problem with doing other people's work is that you can never truly work by your own rules.  On the plus  side, it did help with cash flow and saved me the hassle of leafletting/canvassing - something that I will now do again for the first time in years.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 07:40:55 am »
£100 an hour!yeh right trippy!£50 minimum at an extremely lazy hour?

whats that flying past my window?........oink!.........oink! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

cozy

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 07:42:40 am »
Paul, that's the main reason I gave up the commercial work I had back in the 90's. Hope it works out for you like it did for me.

LOL @ Daz

bobplum

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 07:47:52 am »
morning
ive only been at this job two years and im still not convinced commercial work is a good route to go down no domestics for me

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 08:00:54 am »
morning
ive only been at this job two years and im still not convinced commercial work is a good route to go down no domestics for me

I think commercial was probably better when WFP was in its earlier days.  You could get the rates as not many had it and many companies  were so grateful to save on the cost of a cherry picker, they were happy to pay well because it still saved them money.
As WFP has saturated (pun intended) the market more, this benefit has faded though.

zimzam

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 08:03:32 am »

whats that flying past my window?........oink!.........oink! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
took the words out my mouth daz.  ;D

DMK115

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 09:40:21 am »

dazmond

just what i wa s thinkin

roundbuilder

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 12:06:50 pm »

dazmond

daz he is saying he and hes mrs between them earn between 50 and 100 pound an hour. id say for a 2 person operation thats the going rate..you must have some verey underpriced work there my friend.

Jackal

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 01:29:25 pm »
make me laugh some lads on here do  ;D this is nowt do with trippy either,but this seems come up in a lot of threads,most lads seem to earn minimum £20 per hour some up to £40 per hour and 2 weeks off with bad weather and there after other part time work or moaning they havnt got any money pay the bills,i charge same as dazmond roughly 0.75p per window and earn enough money,perhaps some of you are just have to many outgoings ie,credit cards,loans,£1000 per month mortgage,if i was earning £30 per hour id able save a grand a week

cozy

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 02:16:14 pm »

dazmond

daz he is saying he and hes mrs between them earn between 50 and 100 pound an hour. id say for a 2 person operation thats the going rate..you must have some verey underpriced work there my friend.

I love this place!!! We've got some well priced easy to access M.O.D. houses in one of our areas we work. They are about 13 quid a pop. We can clean about 6 or 7 an hour. There are about 20 of them on a long road. That's about 90 quid an hour. But that's one street in a very well priced area. Not the norm by a long way. !00 quid an hour? I'll have some of that Trippy!!! We are trad, so when we go WFP......................... I'll order my new motor!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Dartford, that's the going rate in central London maybe. ???

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 02:48:57 pm »
In Leicester the going rate is £1 per window, which results in £20-£30 per hour.
however on my gutter cleans its more like £50-£60 per hour.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

bad trippy

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 05:11:06 pm »

dazmond
Erm, we have an estate that brings in £100 per hour Daz, now if i said that our business took in £100 per hour over the entire monthly round , then it could be deemed to be a bit of BS, However i did mention the other side of the coin which was only £50, i mearly ponited out the highest to the lowest earning per hour on our round, is there something i should know? Im i doing anything wrong, if so perhaps you could advise me
Cheers
trippy

Dale Smith

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 07:01:30 pm »
It never fails to amaze me how many of you put what you earn on a forum....  :-\
Swindon, Wiltshire.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 07:05:03 pm »
It never fails to amaze me how many of you put what you earn on a forum....  :-\
:o :o :o :o

Dale Smith

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 07:10:59 pm »
I can understand putting what you might charge & stuff... but putting what you earn per hour is asking for it.... the tax man/new windies who think it's easy money/blah blah blah etc etc.... :-[   ;)
Swindon, Wiltshire.

cozy

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 07:13:21 pm »
New windies think everyone earns 100 per hour mate!! ;D Tax man? Ever heard of anyone on here been had by what the taxman read on here? Do you think they trawl through forums looking to catch windies out? Do you really think they do that?

Dale Smith

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 07:16:26 pm »
I don't take the chance mate....  :D ;D
Perhaps I am going paranoid.... ::)
Swindon, Wiltshire.

bad trippy

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 07:17:50 pm »
New windies think everyone earns 100 per hour mate!! ;D Tax man? Ever heard of anyone on here been had by what the taxman read on here? Do you think they trawl through forums looking to catch windies out? Do you really think they do that?
 :) ;D
And i aint read one post on this thread that remotely gives away anyones earnings!!!