P @ F

Re: new quick release angle adaptor
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 10:24:52 pm »
Sorry Dave , forgot dancin on ice was on !
Are you with us now , or is one born every minute your next prog ?

Sorry mate but im here to help others , as i have been for 5 years or so as i recall , not to give nonsense after 45 posts , and its not my life , its a forum , hey one day you might be in a position to offer help to others .

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

mistersqueegee

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 10:45:15 pm »
Sadly, whenever someone comes out w/ a product there is always someone there to complain about them making money. It may seem to them it's an obvious use of existing parts but some don't have the time or even ability to put something like it together. You could grill your own burger and throw cheese on it or you could go to McDonalds and buy a Quarter pounder. Not much difference except someone else put it together for you which can make it taste better sometimes.

P @ F

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 11:11:01 pm »
See your point mr squeegee , but the product in Q is not even of any benefit to anybody , they all have a perfectly usable item between the brush and pole , if we were talking aquadapter then i would pay if it was what i wanted , but the fact is the product is a Q.R. FROM A BIKE !
Hell i might ring FORD in the morning and tell them i have a new way of connecting Radiator Hoses , some how i think i might get told to P. OFF !

In my eyes , if you buy this , your a dead head ...

Probably got a few backs up there , still love ya guys !   ;D

Rich

jouk45

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 12:10:32 am »
ever tried turning one with gloves on in the middle of a job, it is not so easy, where as a lever would shave a few secs of our time, and who knows, all the gardiner fans may buy one to compliment their poles, , you know  the old saying p@f
every sec counts  ::)

P @ F

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 12:22:28 am »
Jouk , you dont have to touch the nut at all , just get it to the tension that you can just move the 2 parts of the angle adapter by hand , its a bit rough to start , but after a few movements its like using a ratchet and socket.

Dont let me down guys , or im gonna blame a conspiracy theory !!!!    :o

Rich   

ian1972

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 08:05:50 am »
Don't get the impresion the guy is saying u need one or have to have it!!! I get the feeling he's come up wit a idea it works well for him and yes he's tryin make some money out of it,,,, why wouldn't you???? Or are u a saint that gives money and ideas away?

Neil Gornall

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 08:50:26 am »
P@F. I am surprised at your negative comments on this idea. Because they don’t make sense!

Your moaning that this guy is making money from us by giving us an idea that works and saves time...

Its made from a stronger product than the original so is therefore transferrable to many poles for years to come. I see that as good value for money.
You say you think this idea is taking advantage of newbies and is going  to cost them money, well I think with that in mind your idea sucks and is going to cost the newbies a lot more in the long run, You say yourself that by using your method the part wears out every 6 months. So it needs to be replaced? How much does that cost?

SPE

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 05:11:53 pm »
excuse me if I talk out of turn but how is what this guy is doing any different to buying a load of training golf balls in bulk and drilling a hole in them and selling them as a hose accessory to water fed pole users?

No difference and nothing wrong with it, you make your choice and you pay your money.

I think its a good idea by the way, I went to my local bike shop this morning and have converted two of my angle adapters for £6  ;)
I think as a result I will be more likely to adjust the angle to suit the job instead of just being lazy and not bothering.

Ross G

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 05:31:33 pm »

Buy it or don't simple
I'll pay my money rather  than fart about trying to do it myself (hopeless DIY case me), excellent idea here's to more of these types of people who make the job that wee bit easier, I don't grudge the fee.

;)

Hinty

Re: new quick release angle adaptor New
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2011, 01:00:31 am »
Thanks for your comments guys.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea - but I honestly found it helped.

I did start of with a bike quick release - but have also made several modifications  which does make it a bit easier.

Soon I will have quite a few more options to go with it - watch this space!  ;D