dazmond

Re: Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat 🔥
« Reply #460 on: December 12, 2018, 08:13:46 am »
even on some of my cheaper compact work im flying round and can make £45-£50+ an hour with a high flow and hot water.....it gives me more confidence to splash and dash.......

i dont add more work to the day i just finish earlier so my working days are usually down to 4 or 5 hours "on the glass" these days.

its a combination of everything.........

1.hot water and a high flow
2.electric reel
3.xtreme poles and brushes
4.knowing my round inside out
5.winter.......(less garden furniture about generally so easier to access the windows)
6.living a clean lifestyle and keeping reasonably fit
7.being organised with worksheets,tickets,invoices before heading out the door
8.taking a packed lunch and flask to work every day
price higher/work harder!

Don Kee

« Reply #461 on: December 12, 2018, 04:48:59 pm »
You obviously do your following this thread by reading it are you not.

You obviously have comprehension issues, so I’ll try again...

The reason why this thread is going on is because people on here don’t realise the benefits of a proper heater,you can’t compare an immersision that heats up the water even if it’s to 60 degrees because it won’t hold that temperature for long even if the tanks wrapped up,it will stop hoses etc from freezing and keep you working but it won’t be piping hot.

Why do you care?

Notice I asked, why do YOU care, it wasn’t a statement on whether I or anyone else cared.

I just dont get why after so many pages you still feel so strongly the need to keep “selling” an on demand system, does it make you feel better for having one?

I’ve read the first two pages, and then the last two pages...the most I can grasp is that the suppliers had better be careful of some lawsuits coming their way, as someones bound to get whiplash the speed some on demand users are now cleaning at!

NWH

« Reply #462 on: December 12, 2018, 05:01:41 pm »
Still reading this thread then 😂 still cold are you on these cold mornings.

Don Kee

« Reply #463 on: December 12, 2018, 05:23:29 pm »
Still reading this thread then 😂 still cold are you on these cold mornings.

Yeah...good one... ::)roll

Bless ya, if it makes you happy diddums then you carry on  :)

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #464 on: December 12, 2018, 05:54:49 pm »
even on some of my cheaper compact work im flying round and can make £45-£50+ an hour with a high flow and hot water.....it gives me more confidence to splash and dash.......

i dont add more work to the day i just finish earlier so my working days are usually down to 4 or 5 hours "on the glass" these days.

its a combination of everything.........

1.hot water and a high flow
2.electric reel
3.xtreme poles and brushes
4.knowing my round inside out
5.winter.......(less garden furniture about generally so easier to access the windows)
6.living a clean lifestyle and keeping reasonably fit
7.being organised with worksheets,tickets,invoices before heading out the door
8.taking a packed lunch and flask to work every day

9. Having heated seats.
10. Playing drums.
11. 3 x 5star holidays a year.
13. playing with my Golf GTI at weekends.
14. Using Vision.
15. Not using Vision.
16. Brother's a millionaire.
17. Heated windscreen.
18. Interest free credit card.
😁😃😁😃😁😃😁😃😁😃
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #465 on: December 12, 2018, 05:55:43 pm »
Love you

Dry Clean

« Reply #466 on: December 12, 2018, 08:30:26 pm »
Yesterday’s work was an eye opener for me.

I’ve got a very compact day which I always struggle to get done. I usually always have to go back the next day to finish off an hour or so’s work.

All 4 bed detached houses some with large conservatories........ 27 of them.

Yesterday I started at 8am, and was finished for 4pm.  8)

It’s the fastest I’ve ever finished that run.

I had my heater running on full heat, and even though there is lots of leaves usually stuck to the windows from nearby trees etc, and general dirt, every window I could basically clean the same, quick scrub, quick rinse and move on.

You can’t argue that there’s real science behind why hot water is faster to clean with, faster to rinse, faster to dry and to check results, faster to dissolve dirt and I’m noticing That first hand now.

If your just a “plod along” window cleaner that doesn’t have a full round then hot water isn’t a necessity. For me though, it’s starting to pay for itself already.

Strangely enough we had the same story from Jonny  a few years back with Vision, you gotta love faffer logic.

Jonny 87

« Reply #467 on: December 12, 2018, 09:33:08 pm »

I’ve got a very compact day which I always struggle to get done. I usually always have to go back the next day to finish off an hour or so’s work.

I had my heater running on full heat, and even though there is lots of leaves usually stuck to the windows from nearby trees etc, and general dirt, every window I could basically clean the same, quick scrub, quick rinse and move on.

You can’t argue that there’s real science behind why hot water is faster to clean with, faster to rinse, faster to dry and to check results, faster to dissolve dirt and I’m noticing That first hand now.

If your just a “plod along” window cleaner that doesn’t have a full round then hot water isn’t a necessity. For me though, it’s starting to pay for itself already.

Strangely enough we had the same story from Jonny  a few years back with Vision, you gotta love faffer logic.

Can’t argue with science Sean. 👌

Surface tension of water.......

Hot water moving faster than cold.......

Doesn’t matter if your a “plod along” of course.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #468 on: December 12, 2018, 09:52:23 pm »
God knows why some window cleaners feel the need to use minibore hose for more flow (compared to microbore).....I had my controller on 40 today and it was almost like a hot jet wash!mega flow from my jets......probably because hot waters viscosity is thinner esp during cold weather so more flow through the hose....

P @ F

« Reply #469 on: December 12, 2018, 09:55:17 pm »
I love this thread  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

But while its still not locked , can any of you guys with 9kw's give me some idea of the upper and lower temps of the water before it hits the hose reel please ?
Would help me no end ta  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Dry Clean

« Reply #470 on: December 12, 2018, 11:11:43 pm »

Can’t argue with science Sean. 👌

Surface tension of water.......

Hot water moving faster than cold.......

Doesn’t matter if your a “plod along” of course.

Your cant Jonny which is why I don't fall for silly nonsense.

Dry Clean

« Reply #471 on: December 12, 2018, 11:42:41 pm »
God knows why some window cleaners feel the need to use minibore hose for more flow (compared to microbore).....I had my controller on 40 today and it was almost like a hot jet wash!mega flow from my jets......probably because hot waters viscosity is thinner esp during cold weather so more flow through the hose....

You think you need to boil water to remove dust from glass and this confuses you ?, (roll eyes) its simple, purifying water to clean windows works the rest is just whatever takes your fancy, your nonsense is no better than the next guys nonsense.

a900

« Reply #472 on: December 13, 2018, 08:10:43 am »

But while its still not locked , can any of you guys with 9kw's give me some idea of the upper and lower temps of the water before it hits the hose reel please ?

Since no one has given you an answer yet I will give you the best I can. With all the hose on the reel and recirculating back to the tank in getting around 65 (I’m sure it would have showed higher if I kept the TDS temperature meter in the stream. But got impatient at how slow the meter rising). Lowest I could get was just over 40c

Bearing in mind I have a massive heat exchaanger I got cheap. So more than likely can get the 70-80c the burner works up to at the exchanger outlet.

dazmond

« Reply #473 on: December 13, 2018, 08:12:41 am »

You think you need to boil water to remove dust from glass and this confuses you ?, (roll eyes) its simple, purifying water to clean windows works the rest is just whatever takes your fancy, your nonsense is no better than the next guys nonsense.

its not nonsense sean......the viscosity of water changes when its colder hence why i still get a good flow at the jets with hot despite my setting on 40....its why RO users production slows and is less efficient in the cold winter months too.....

dazmond

« Reply #474 on: December 13, 2018, 08:18:24 am »

coiled hose once heater up to temp on full heat setting.....60c-65c
coiled hose on lowest heat setting.......35-40c

no idea before it hits the hose reel as ive never tested it

a900

« Reply #475 on: December 13, 2018, 08:18:56 am »

its not nonsense sean......the viscosity of water changes when its colder hence why i still get a good flow at the jets with hot despite my setting on 40....its why RO users production slows and is less efficient in the cold winter months too.....

What about the hose expanding so allowing more water through?

dazmond

« Reply #476 on: December 13, 2018, 08:24:16 am »

What about the hose expanding so allowing more water through?

yes that as well as the viscosity changing......

Dry Clean

« Reply #477 on: December 13, 2018, 09:11:05 am »

Its how some shiners use the science and not the sciense thats nonsense, my flow or the amount of water that hits the glass stays roughtly the same all year round simply because my pump is set/calibrated to allow for the small viscosity change, but why you are really off the mark is if you want more force (jet wash effect) at the jets you restrict the flow of water not make it flow easier,

NWH

« Reply #478 on: December 13, 2018, 09:32:01 am »
Comparing vision to water that is 50-60degrees eh you really have never used 1 of these heaters have you lol

Dry Clean

« Reply #479 on: December 13, 2018, 09:48:53 am »
Comparing vision to water that is 50-60degrees eh you really have never used 1 of these heaters have you lol

I'm not comparing Vision to anything, I don't need to use hot water as I don't get anything or very little on the glass that hot water will melt make easier to remove.
Vision is just more nonsense that some hot users have also fallen for.